New MoHo's at the Nec 2024, what are they thinking?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Somebody told us that the Swift stand cost them £1M :unsure: you got to sell a lot of vans to cover that outlay. You know I am with you on the garage and the transvestite bed but very few manufacturers offer this option so consequently you invariably end up with a small lounge or a van longer than you really want, the problem with steps to bed it on the FWD chassis without double floor.
🤣🤣🤣 transvestite bed!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our step had a lid so shoes or whatever can go inside, well the lid will stay up if you wish, I know of at least one owner who crawled out of bed, got feet stuck in box and ended up "splat" face down on the bathroom floor.
We call that space the laundry locker.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have 3 steps, a large garage, a lounge to seat 6 people and I can sit up in bed above the garage (and I'm quite tall). Our MH is a 7.3m 2011 model, so 3 steps are not a new design :)

View attachment 965794
But do you not have to do the bum shuffle to get out of the bed and access the steps?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
I was always under the impression that “ continental designs” had a bigger bedroom and smaller lounge area because the theory was you spent most of the day outside.
For UK because of inclement weather you needed more day time useable space ie bigger lounge.
Might be wrong ( not unusual) just something I had heard.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
But do you not have to do the bum shuffle to get out of the bed and access the steps?
No, the art is to roll onto your side or front and then stick your leg out until it contacts the floor.

I find it is actually considerably easier to get into and out of the motorhome high level bed, than it is to use a conventional bed at home, as you have a choice of floor level to go to, no need for bending and stooping.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I was always under the impression that “ continental designs” had a bigger bedroom and smaller lounge area because the theory was you spent most of the day outside.
For UK because of inclement weather you needed more day time useable space ie bigger lounge.
Might be wrong ( not unusual) just something I had heard.

Our Spanish built MH has 2 x 2 seater bench seats and two swivel front seats. It feels very spacious and was one of the reasons we bought it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B-JandBella
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
September 2023 :)
Guilty as charged (y) you might have noticed there were a few steps up into the Morelo vans this is because of the deep double floor consequently less steps up to bed as you are starting from a higher point, and yes you can sit up in bed;)

The LOFT is a new design and only came into the country on Saturday I believe, did you go inside? we found it quite plain and sterile so I am interested it what other people think.

They have dropped the HOME model for this year and now start with the LOFT.
No, sadly, we didn't go in as there was a huge queue but had a quick look through the front window. Very nice I thought.
Saw that they had a Mercedes Actros chassis on the larger of their Mohomes and thought it a bit of a beast. Also, something
that size will give you limitations on what sites will accept it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back