New Aire (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lunar Landstar ews
Hello, Can i post the location of our now open overnight 5 van parking on this forum .Please.

Its called "Glen Duich Aire" Were on Cumloden Rd, Minnigaff, Newton Stewart, DG8 6AF, 01671402568. 07948698732
Sat Nav. N 54.58.18. W.004.28.45. or 54.97175 -4.47934
what 3 words Willpower. Advantage. Honeybees.
We can accommodate Motorhomes and Campers up to 7 metres long ,Parking is situated at the top of our Large walled and Hedged Garden with a lockable gate and is on a Gravel All weather base, it is Parking only as no waste facilities available at Present. (Fresh Water available) We are within a scenic walking distance of Newton Stewart , There are an Aldi, Sainsburys , Restaurants ,Cinema and many more facilities in The Town which is on the River Cree a productive Salmon River ,(Fishing Permits in Season), This area is a very scenic part of Dumfries and Galloway and is Really worth visiting . Safe Journeys . £ 8 per night. Open All year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S
Jul 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lunar Landstar ews
The Aire /parking will take up to 10 metres if you can get it through the Gate, were on a country road wide enough for a Motorhome but not two passing . My Camper is 7.3 Meters long ,and narrower than a Motorhome ,so I have no problem turning in the gate, I have had visitors with 7.5 Motorhomes , who manage ok I just thought I would put a figure on that would give you an Idea of the width. This is My Garden I have opened up to try and encourage visitors into our town/Area plus providing a small but Safe overnight parking , I am hoping other larger places will follow, but we will stay the small unique place we are ."MY GARDEN " Safe Journeys

Upvote 0

dulvil

Deceased RIP
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Planning permission is required for any waste ,which would add to my Rates and build cost, Ive already got he cost of the are to Live with, Most People just want somewhere Safe to Park overnight, thats what I,m providing . and its in a scenic part of Scotland.
If you just let people empty the toilet in a manhole why would you pay extra rates.
It doesn’t need to be a fancy expensive waste point

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
If you just let people empty the toilet in a manhole why would you pay extra rates.

For waste treatment. The type of receptacle is somewhat immaterial, its the material being poured down the hole that attracts the additional cost.

Ian

Upvote 0

dulvil

Deceased RIP
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
For waste treatment. The type of receptacle is somewhat immaterial, its the material being poured down the hole that attracts the additional cost.

Ian
If on a septic tank yes a £3 ish charge but no need to install an expensive waste point

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Jul 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lunar Landstar ews
Dulvil, When proper Cassette emptying facilities are installed there is always a water point to flush and rinse Cassettes ( this needs installation Too) ,this helps break down Detritus and help carry it on its way to the sewerage Plant, dropping it down a Man hole it would just build up . I am a Campervan owner so We all have a responsibility to not leave any sign of our visit. even a effluence tank need Planning Permission plus cost water availability and of Emptying ,These all come in the Equations of trying to keep the cost of staying down To You ,

Upvote 0

dulvil

Deceased RIP
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It seems like you are looking at being a busy aire to spend so much.
Just before Christmas we used a few aires in Scotland and only one had a proper emptying point, the others were just in the manhole or at 2 they had a ebc tank which the owner said each cassette empty cost him about £2. Not knocking you I wish you all the best but I would like to keep the cost down and see how busy it got

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back