My van would be perfect if ....... (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
A tiny bit more weight in the cavernous garage. 50kgs would do.
Ho yes, at the same time be able to store the spare wheel under the vehicle rather than in the garage. That way I’d have a fighting chance to use all the extra 50kgs.

Nov 2, 2023
Sunderland, UK
Funster No
MH
wildax altair
Mine would be perfect if I didn’t have a screw collection building up in the glovebox and wondering where they came from , only ones I did know where they came from was the top cupboard door which fell off and the front remis blind that broke free from a pillars .

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
Is there a brake band auto Fiat? Fluid coupling boxes are in most full autos but as a 2008 it's probably a Comfortmatic manual
It's a manual ☺️but the change to me anyway is clunky and heavy. If I had a magic wand I'd put the latest ZF auto in it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Missed off #61
This relates to our van Adria matrix 670 DC. Dc being the pertinent bit. Anyone who’s got one will know they have a humongous island bed which due to its width makes hard work getting in and out. Adria could easily reduce the width by 100cm each side, this would all wider wardrobe each side, but the biggest benefit it would be so much easier to get in and out. It would still leave a good size bed.

Rant Over.

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Missed off #61
This relates to our van Adria matrix 670 DC. Dc being the pertinent bit. Anyone who’s got one will know they have a humongous island bed which due to its width makes hard work getting in and out. Adria could easily reduce the width by 100cm each side, this would all wider wardrobe each side, but the biggest benefit it would be so much easier to get in and out. It would still leave a good size bed.

Rant Over.
Sorry if am I being stupid, but I am puzzled by your post, you say that the bed is humongous, fair enough, but you say that it could be reduced by 100cm each side, if a standard double bed is 140cm, then that would make your bed 3.4m wide!

I have just re read your post and I wonder if you meant 100mm or 10cm each side, that might make more sense.🤣

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
On my next van (the third) I want , in no particular order at least two solar panels, two litium batteries, a shunt and a b2b, air suspension, self levelling jacks, fixed island bed, opposing sofa's, free standing table, high power inverter , fully electric fridge, proper oven and be an automatic with the 9 speed box. all for about £65k. :LOL:
keep dreaming:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Sorry if am I being stupid, but I am puzzled by your post, you say that the bed is humongous, fair enough, but you say that it could be reduced by 100cm each side, if a standard double bed is 140cm, then that would make your bed 3.4m wide!

I have just re read your post and I wonder if you meant 100mm or 10cm each side, that might make more sense.🤣
Fat fingers 100cm read 10cm or for those of a certain age 4”

Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Well after a decade searching (not joking) for a replacement for our beloved Hank the Tank (Swift Kontiki 640) we had for over 16 years I am pleased to report that the new (to us) van (Swift Esprit 496) after a couple of months on a shake down tour is so far exceeding expectations but its far from perfect but soon could be. The rear lounge bed is not quite as good as the old one but you could literally hold an orgy in it. Bathroom and shower is bigger and more luxurious than some hotel rooms I have been in, everything works but Swift designed vans for campsite hopping and the lack of 12v sockets (already addressed somewhat) and lead acid battery (already replaced on this trip) and puny 120w solar do not cut the mustard in this van. We did manage four weeks off grid without moving the van at Salcombe but it was hard work at times. So the only main change / addition now will be a 300ah lithium / 350w solar addition but ill get that done either in the back end or early next year. Then it might just be nearly perfect (For us).

The best thing though is the payload. 957kg although it was something like 1100kg free when empty with one driver.

1000008168.jpg

Oct 22, 2023
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
My van would be perfect if...

the cupboard above the sofa would stop lowering itself every time my OH bends down by it. He's smacked his head on it twice already today 😂
Also the microwave door has hit him 3 times tonight. It's the first time he's cooked and I've now banned him.

Tomorrow, we're off to the bike shop for a helmet.

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
My van would be perfect if...

the cupboard above the sofa would stop lowering itself every time my OH bends down by it. He's smacked his head on it twice already today 😂
Also the microwave door has hit him 3 times tonight. It's the first time he's cooked and I've now banned him.

Tomorrow, we're off to the bike shop for a helmet.
The van is trying to tell you something.........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back