Exp
Since 2004
It's a ProBreeze PB-AC08.
Rated input current - 2.5A
Rated power output - 563W
Net weight - 18kg
Dimensions - 310 x 682 x 302mm
Cooling capacity - 5,000 BTU/H

Can be used as an A/C, dehumidifier or just a fan. It comes with a rigid and a flexible window kit, too. You can use it via the remote, buttons on the unit or an app.

If you use this link https://go.refrl.co/r/fHy6SeMr5ovE you can get 15% discount and I'll get a £15 voucher for Probreeze.
Purchased...make sure you get your voucher

• Nice One!
Reactions: HKF
Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
It's a ProBreeze PB-AC08.
Rated input current - 2.5A
Rated power output - 563W
Net weight - 18kg
Dimensions - 310 x 682 x 302mm
Cooling capacity - 5,000 BTU/H

Can be used as an A/C, dehumidifier or just a fan. It comes with a rigid and a flexible window kit, too. You can use it via the remote, buttons on the unit or an app.

If you use this link https://go.refrl.co/r/fHy6SeMr5ovE you can get 15% discount and I'll get a £15 voucher for Probreeze.
Bought today with 15% discount.
Almost screwed up at checkout where they offer a 10% discount.
Redid order
Thanks for that

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Nice One!
Reactions: HKF
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I have a similar one that I took to France last year. It sits perfectly between the front seats and blows the cold air back into the hab space. I vented mine out of the passenger window with a similar home made plastic fitting held in place by winding the window up tight to it. I can confirm it works a treat and is now cooling my son’s office at home.

May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
The issue with these single output "portable" units is they continuously blow air from inside out the back. So you've always got a stream of hot outside ambient air being sucked in to the room. It's like leaving the door open. The better double piped units keep the outside air separated so it's only ever recirculating the already cool air inside. Which is much more efficient. Unfortunately they are rarer.

The other downside is the compressor is right there in the room with you, so they aren't quiet. The "window mount" style puts the compressor outside and doesn't suck ambient outside air in.
You've just given all the reasons why after trying a portable in our van , I gave it to my Daughter for her flat.

May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
Although I've ditched my 9000btu portable after one outing due to noise and inefficiency, I still have the alloy window plate I made for the exhaust hose for sale if anyone's interested. This fits Ducato/Boxer/Relay X290 versions, can be used in either driver's or passenger's front cab windows by sliding into the window's runners and closing the glass up to meet. It's 4mm plate with an alloy rain vent and can't be removed without lowering the glass, therefore more secure than plastic versions.

IMG_5259.JPG

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Although I've ditched my 9000btu portable after one outing due to noise and inefficiency, I still have the alloy window plate I made for the exhaust hose for sale if anyone's interested. This fits Ducato/Boxer/Relay X290 versions, can be used in either driver's or passenger's front cab windows by sliding into the window's runners and closing the glass up to meet. It's 4mm plate with an alloy rain vent and can't be removed without lowering the glass, therefore more secure than plastic versions.

View attachment 931341

I'd be interested in this, please. How much do you want for it and can you mail it to a UK address, please? Message me if you prefer :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back