Motorhoming YouTubers worth watching.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
None
Honestly, no.

The main aim is make money and the more click bait they provide the more money they make.

Take it all with a pinch of salt specially when it comes to fixing things.
likewise... and agree 100%

same with TV programs about motorhoming ... pile of poo

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
One I have just started watching, because they did 3 months in Europe, mostly in Spain,are called ‘Bertie Bus’
They are down to earth,and live full time in there motorhome with there dogs.

They won’t be to everyone’s taste, but I find them amusing.

Your right about tastes I just slit my throat watching that….😆

What gets me is what do most of these people do for money, I’m pretty sure most are on some kind of benefits back in the uk…🤔

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Getting back to what the OP asked, I don’t mind why people make the videos, or if they are on benefits (which I seriously doubt). I think it is up to you whether you watch something or not on YouTube and clearly some people on here do and enjoy it. ;)

Reactions: hja

DT

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Mohotel Adventures because he has a Burstner. Gone with the Wynns who now have a HH Catamaran after a mix of RVs.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Well, if you want some 'clickbait free' YouTube motorhome travels without any 'annoying' dialogue you can always try the somewhat limited offerings of my own travels, the link to which is in my signature. I certainly don't get paid by anyone for it. All I get is is a load of verbal from my OH about the time I spend doing it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Well, if you want some 'clickbait free' YouTube motorhome travels without any 'annoying' dialogue you can always try the somewhat limited offerings of my own travels, the link to which is in my signature. I certainly don't get paid by anyone for it. All I get is is a load of verbal from my OH about the time I spend doing it.
A step back to the silent era Tony!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Not motorhoming or vanlife based but surprised no mention of Bald and Bankrupt, had some interesting travels ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
campervan
Camper Vibe are well put together videos and are pleasant girls, have a good story to tell and don't want to be influencers.
I used to enjoy overland Sophia and tread the globe but got a bit tired of both tbh, but you can't knock the spirit of adventure for either, amazing where they've both got to.

Edit, just reminded, Also love kinging it 😀
Love Campervibe and Kingingit too! Also The Slaws Adventures and St Christopher of Atlantis

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
The thing is there are so many of them now, everyone with a DJI camera is churning stuff out.
The latest ones to pop up on my feed are Northerners on Tour, definitely not everyone's taste, they're down to earth, have very little to say of any interest, she's quite gobby, he just grunts. Very little of a tourist or scenic value and always a click bait thumbnail.
Sometimes I'm tempted to look in for cringe value though.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC t789
Exp
On 4th van so not a total newbie....
Love Campervibe and Kingingit too! Also The Slaws Adventures and St Christopher of Atlantis
Agree with the slaws, they are quite entertaining and watchable, also not sure if mentioned but reds on travel are OK, very down to earth without trying to be click baitey.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Agree with the slaws, they are quite entertaining and watchable, also not sure if mentioned but reds on travel are OK, very down to earth without trying to be click baitey.
Another one here for the reds go travel, but the ultimate professionals imho are still Tread the globe👍
Gone off a few now, radfords, lynn&rob and the rucks.
Still love watching Chrome Valdez from Vancity Vanlife, bit goofy at times but he’s very good in front of the camera👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
The ones I watch are: Campervibe, Kingin it, Touring with the kids, ex-pawers, Tread the Globe. The ones to avoid are The Radfords and The Rucks, all they are interested i. Is telling everyone how wonderful they are to have superdooper MH’s and how much they are!!!!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The thing is there are so many of them now, everyone with a DJI camera is churning stuff out.
The latest ones to pop up on my feed are Northerners on Tour, definitely not everyone's taste, they're down to earth, have very little to say of any interest, she's quite gobby, he just grunts. Very little of a tourist or scenic value and always a click bait thumbnail.
Sometimes I'm tempted to look in for cringe value though.
Yes I watch these occasionally, as they have been to much the same places we have been, but they say a lot of things that you know just aren't true when you have been there, but it passes half an hour.
Those happy days have just gone beyond a joke now, when they had their first van they had to sell it as it was giving him mental problems and couldn't sleep because the bed wasn't big enough.
So what are they doing now? They are going to live in the back of a car :doh:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Another one here for the reds go travel, but the ultimate professionals imho are still Tread the globe👍
Gone off a few now, radfords, lynn&rob and the rucks.
Still love watching Chrome Valdez from Vancity Vanlife, bit goofy at times but he’s very good in front of the camera👍
I rate Tread the Globe been watching them since they originally set off from Ironbridge..Have watched Reds but find them a bit boring..Kinging It are entertaining but not travelling now..renovating a property..BUSBY..

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I think a 5yr cycle is coming around. Having watched a few on and off over the past 5yrs, it seems those in general who started earlier are either stopping or now changing direction with there channels. They to have got bored with what they are ( have been doing). Or have run out of steam. After all, what we humans do is eat, drink, sleep, repeat and then find something to do inbetween ( and thats often a repeat). Then we get bored of watching the same old stuff, unless you like Corrie or EastEnders, then you really do like repeats.
Still you can always watch our channel, guarantee no adverts, no dramas, not good at click bait, and I don't get very excited and we have no money ( well just our pensions). Enjoy

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Campervibe are my top watch, met them and the lovely AJ in Portugal. Haven't seen Adzventures mentioned, he's young and a bit of a nob but when you get past that and he's not doing another supermarket stealth camp he can be entertaining, built quite a nice van and up in the Arctic. Those Happy Days were on a site I was at, hard to miss in their removal van, it broke down when they left and I got talking to the people they had been parked up with, they said he doesn't listen to anyone and had little sympathy for his second engine failure! IndieProjects were vanlifers but now have 2 nice places in Portugal and I still see what they are up to.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Campervibe are my top watch, met them and the lovely AJ in Portugal. Haven't seen Adzventures mentioned, he's young and a bit of a nob but when you get past that and he's not doing another supermarket stealth camp he can be entertaining, built quite a nice van and up in the Arctic. Those Happy Days were on a site I was at, hard to miss in their removal van, it broke down when they left and I got talking to the people they had been parked up with, they said he doesn't listen to anyone and had little sympathy for his second engine failure! IndieProjects were vanlifers but now have 2 nice places in Portugal and I still see what they are up to.
Agree re Campervibe. I've not seen any of Adzventures for a while. I used to subscribe, but don't now.

I also unsubscribed from THD some time ago. But I did watch the Camper Car episode after a family member told me about it! We said that considering they sold the pre-Morgan van due to his back issues, it seems nuts buying a car to camp in. Actually the Berlingo makes a very good micro camper base, but I can't see how they're really going to be living in it full-time. I suspect summer travels, with long stints away overseas (esp. in winter).
The various layouts are quite clever, but one thing I'd hate is - no loo. Even my tiny Romahome R10 had a loo in a dedicated and easily accessible place. No loo is not great when you're off grid camping. Also, as someone who has actually owned a micro camper (Romahome R10 is based on a Citroen Nemo van which is the next size down from the Berlingo) the novelty of having to move things constantly in order to do or reach something else gets a bit wearing, and doing it all inside the van with all the doors closed when the weather is pants is awkward. But that WILL be the reality. Lounging around outside and cooking outside in cold/wet weather isn't what happens in real life with small vans/cars.

A couple of pictures of my R10, in case anyone's interested:
R10atRIAT.jpg

R10-Derbyshire.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Agree re Campervibe. I've not seen any of Adzventures for a while. I used to subscribe, but don't now.

I also unsubscribed from THD some time ago. But I did watch the Camper Car episode after a family member told me about it! We said that considering they sold the pre-Morgan van due to his back issues, it seems nuts buying a car to camp in. Actually the Berlingo makes a very good micro camper base, but I can't see how they're really going to be living in it full-time. I suspect summer travels, with long stints away overseas (esp. in winter).
The various layouts are quite clever, but one thing I'd hate is - no loo. Even my tiny Romahome R10 had a loo in a dedicated and easily accessible place. No loo is not great when you're off grid camping. Also, as someone who has actually owned a micro camper (Romahome R10 is based on a Citroen Nemo van which is the next size down from the Berlingo) the novelty of having to move things constantly in order to do or reach something else gets a bit wearing, and doing it all inside the van with all the doors closed when the weather is pants is awkward. But that WILL be the reality. Lounging around outside and cooking outside in cold/wet weather isn't what happens in real life with small vans/cars.

A couple of pictures of my R10, in case anyone's interested:
View attachment 886691

View attachment 886692
Wow, I had a Citroën nemo just to fit my two large dogs in!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Well, after These Happy Days raffled off Morgan (their removals van MH conversion) and bought a micro camper (odd choice given that they sold a much bigger van before Morgan because he has back issues) which they then sold on within a few months, they then bought a Westfalia Club Joker. A beautiful (and very expensive) van which they raved about. I stopped subscribing to them ages ago, but I went to see how they were getting on with the Westfalia, only to find that only a month after buying it, 'it has gone'. Now the fact they are YouTubers doesn't mean everyone has any right to know all their private business, but I do wonder why they keep making such weird van buying decisions. And surely they must research what they need, before doing so. Their name seems something of a misnomer, since they rarely seem to be very happy at all. Their best times seemed to be while they were travelling van-less...

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I don't follow many, but one that I do are True Blue Travellers . They built some interesting campers and have a different approach to their videos.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson S697
I haven't really watched that many but what I have watched are somewhat amateurish....and the moreso the better from an enjoyment point of view.....but what many seem to be doing is 'making memories'. When the did that actually become something to say...almost like they fail to appreciate the here and now but have some video and photos to look back on.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well, after These Happy Days raffled off Morgan (their removals van MH conversion) and bought a micro camper (odd choice given that they sold a much bigger van before Morgan because he has back issues) which they then sold on within a few months, they then bought a Westfalia Club Joker. A beautiful (and very expensive) van which they raved about. I stopped subscribing to them ages ago, but I went to see how they were getting on with the Westfalia, only to find that only a month after buying it, 'it has gone'. Now the fact they are YouTubers doesn't mean everyone has any right to know all their private business, but I do wonder why they keep making such weird van buying decisions. And surely they must research what they need, before doing so. Their name seems something of a misnomer, since they rarely seem to be very happy at all. Their best times seemed to be while they were travelling van-less...
I don't watch them anymore, but did catch a bit of where they were buying this latest one, why have they sold this one and what have they got now?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Steps 2 Adventure. A nice young happy couple enjoying life travelling and you get to see the scenery not just them.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I do wonder why they keep making such weird van buying decisions. And surely they must research what they need, before doing so
I saw Morgan on a site I was staying on when they still had it, they were 'circled' with three or 4 other vans for the weekend and then left before their friends, this is when the engine blew up for the second time on their way from there. The friends were back the following weekend and as I passed them they wanted to say hello to my puppy Ridgeback, got chatting with them, had just seen the news of the second engine failure and said their mate doesn't have much luck to which they all rolled their eyes and said he never listens to anyone. They try to give him advice but he just blunders ahead with whatever harebrained scheme comes in to his head next it would seem!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Steps 2 Adventure. A nice young happy couple enjoying life travelling and you get to see the scenery not just them.

Yes I’ve started to watch them, they show warts and all and get excited by the little things….😎

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
The Frenchies Motorhomies, Rick and Heather Campervanners, Helen & Martin's Treks, Mohotel Adventures, Wizard in the Wild, Leisure Bit, Poshcats Camping, Bob Earnshaw

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back