Motorhome weight limits

Blue Knight

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I don’t doubt this is usually the case but there are exceptions. Our dealer went through the weights of the extras and discussed payload and plating with us.

That's impressive. I've approached 22 dealers and dozens of sales staff and I've always had to force the subject of weights.

Which dealer;)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
That's impressive. I've approached 22 dealers and dozens of sales staff and I've always had to force the subject of weights.

Which dealer;)
Premier, near Chichester. It was about 3 years ago, no idea whether it was down to the individual I dealt with or company practice.

Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
Since 2013
When we bought our Burstner we added the weight upgrade factory option, the dealer worked out the weight based on factory weight plus added options. I had already done that from the weights given in the options list and the figures were only a couple of kg different.

Happy1

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
spot on devon sue, think its best to have some knowledge as in general sales staff are lacking, we were offered a 3.7 alko from the factory that dealer would upgrade to 3850 but alko said its not a given that the particular chassis can be upgraded (see list in previous post link)so went for higher 4.4t factory option. plus the heavier chassis has bigger wheels, tyres, brakes, suspension components.

PeteH

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Uprating can get expensive especially if you have to replace wheels and tyres from 15 in to 16 in probably better to negotiate the upgrating with seller or reduce price to cover upgrade costs

I can see where your coming from with a NEW rig. But for those of whom I was one, My AMC35L chassis Rapido @ 3500kg. was Just a paper excercise to gain a 350kg Extra Payload LEGALLY without altering anything. Not even The tyres. Had I kept the Rig it was my intention to go to the next load range when the tyres where changed. But that was only (IMV) a sensible precaution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back