Motorhome stolen (2 Viewers)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Anyone, like me, who has a mark 7 Transit based motorhome or pvc should be aware that the first line of defence needs to be an OBD lock ,to prevent the 30 second theft using the cloned key from a Tibbes master key & a laptop/tablet.
Next needs to be a shield to prevent the single lock on the vehicle ,the drivers door ,from being rotated using water pump pliers.
Then there are a myriad of other things to be done but the open OBD port is the priority.

May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
tinkertaylor said: If he knew where it was he would have been better to turn up and call the police from where the van is located. Block it in if he has to and just leave the car so he's not at risk of confrontation

He might have only been told the approximate location.

I know that if I were to report my MH as stolen to the 24-hour tracker monitoring control room, and they'd been given a police crime number, they would then completely take over. They would stop my access to the tracking app so that I couldn't interfere or try to play the hero. Thus I wouldn't know the whereabouts of the MH. That would be kept between the control room and the police.

Consequently, it relies totally on the police having the resources, and willingness, to retrieve the MH from its last reported position. It they don't do that, you're stuffed.

Nov 15, 2023
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
All this talk of the police not having the resources to stop these scumbags makes me wonder if a tracker is worth having ? I’m not blaming the police at all as I don’t blame the nhs for waiting lists or the councils for the roads, they are all massively underfunded, mismanaged or both and we know our money is being diverted to things that the majority I speak to don’t agree with, having anything stolen is heartbreaking and reading about it is also very upsetting, are we all fighting a loosing battle now against these scabby oinks ? My old man always taught me crime doesn’t pay, well he was wrong, crime does pay and very nicely too it seems.

Jan 3, 2020
Mile Oak, Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 98
Exp
Since 2008
I had a tracker on my car. (Land Rover)
It was stolen and tracked all the way to Felixstowe by the tracking company.
They repeatedly informed the Police and my Insurance company.
Nothing was done…the tracking stopped.
Insurance company paid out after just 15 days.
4 weeks later the tracking resumed. The car was in North Africa.
I paid £240 for my tracking Subscription.Never again. Complete waste of money

May 11, 2022
Castle Bromwich, Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Started self build December 2020, finished April 2022
If you find the car or van yourself they will most likely turn up as your at risk or the criminal is (if your that type). That's why a gps tracker with an app you can track yourself is most likely more affective if you really want the vehicle back......

Hopefully a change of government will start to fund public services, they can take the NI reductions back to pay for it IMHO.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
One small follow on from our theft was a phone call from the insurers saying they agreed to the claim and a cheque would follow. We had found the ideal replacement but the dealer required a fairy hefty non-returnable deposit which we paid.
The next several days we were most concerned that our stolen van would be found, very strange how mood swings can change overnight.
Just curious but i thought legally i thought deposits were returnable if there was a problem with the camper or would this deposit be tide into a writen and signed contract stating the facts

Oct 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
just-looking

You can even find devices that are offline or turned off.​

If your missing device can’t connect to the internet or has little to no battery life, the Find My app can still help you track it down using the Find My network — hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad and Mac devices around the world. Nearby devices securely send the location of your missing device to iCloud, then you can see where it is in the Find My app. It’s all anonymous and encrypted to protect everyone’s privacy.

Oct 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
just-looking

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Just curious but i thought legally i thought deposits were returnable if there was a problem with the camper or would this deposit be tide into a writen and signed contract stating the facts
Dealer advised us that the deposit was non-returnable. To prevent time wasters I guess when he could have had other buyers. We did buy the van a Dethleffs Advantage and were very happy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back