MOTORHOME INSURANCE .... AAARGGHHHH (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My head is just about exploding and I'm frazzled, I've spent ages doing MH insurance quotes (due 25/4) and it's driving me nuts! I've had stupid quotes from some companies and others won't cover us due to value and/or tracker not being Cat 5. :rollingeyes:

My current insurer is Comfort and last year cost £508 including recovery for 8000 miles, this year it's £683 which is a 34% increase!!!! :swear: I can reduce it to £631 if I go down to 6,000 miles but still a lot more than last year. :whatthe:

So far I've tried Caravan Guard, Safeguard, C&MC (pretending to be a member!), LV, Performance Direct, Lifesure (other less well known ones I can't remember now), not done APlan, NFU or AIB yet as they're telephone quotes only.

Gonna have to spend tomorrow morning ringing around to see if I can get it down as that's a ridiculous % rise. I'll also ring Comfort and tell them just how OTT the cost is, don't suppose it'll do much good though!

Anybody got any suggestions for ones that I might have missed? Also ref NFU - which offices would be the best to ring around my area (East Yorkshire/North Lincolnshire).

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Just had my renewal through from Insuremy, last year's policy cost £176.22, this year's quote is £389.02 and we never used the van last year due to health issues !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
C&CC Came out on top for us (and isn't on your list)

Nov 20, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2015
Well I think basically insurers would like to insure a vehicle at a sensible price if you don’t move it !

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
My head is just about exploding and I'm frazzled, I've spent ages doing MH insurance quotes (due 25/4) and it's driving me nuts! I've had stupid quotes from some companies and others won't cover us due to value and/or tracker not being Cat 5. :rollingeyes:

My current insurer is Comfort and last year cost £508 including recovery for 8000 miles, this year it's £683 which is a 34% increase!!!! :swear: I can reduce it to £631 if I go down to 6,000 miles but still a lot more than last year. :whatthe:

So far I've tried Caravan Guard, Safeguard, C&MC (pretending to be a member!), LV, Performance Direct, Lifesure (other less well known ones I can't remember now), not done APlan, NFU or AIB yet as they're telephone quotes only.

Gonna have to spend tomorrow morning ringing around to see if I can get it down as that's a ridiculous % rise. I'll also ring Comfort and tell them just how OTT the cost is, don't suppose it'll do much good though!

Anybody got any suggestions for ones that I might have missed? Also ref NFU - which offices would be the best to ring around my area (East Yorkshire/North Lincolnshire).
Think you’ll find same as me that they are all the same.
So then despite being angry about it and the company you are with has increased their prices. Everyone has and your original quote is then as good as it gets and you begrudgingly pay.
I found that after hrs on the phone was a waste of time. I’m with AIB still had stupid renewal quote

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Comfort give you a price and that's it don't waste your breath ringing them.
Louth.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Ripe Insurance have been mentioned a lot - fairly new to MH world but not heard bad report yet.
NFU for me via local chap I can call or email anytime.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
CAMC promise to beat your quote by £25 so they should always be the cheapest. Mind you, you will need to pay £63 to join.
CAMC came out at £316 Plus £80 Green Flag UK breakdown over £200.00 cheaper than Comfort who i had been with for 9 years, including FREE 1 year membership.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

I wouldn't ring any nfu office, go in and see them.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
C&CC Came out on top for us (and isn't on your list)
I did try them but the price was so ridiculous I decided not to even quote their shameless name! :LOL:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I wouldn't ring any nfu office, go in and see them.
The recommended MH ones' are not exactly round the corner for us.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ripe Insurance have been mentioned a lot - fairly new to MH world but not heard bad report yet.
NFU for me via local chap I can call or email anytime.
I tried Ripe and they won't quote due to our tracker not being Cat 5.

1712347063680.png

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
CAMC came out at £316 Plus £80 Green Flag UK breakdown over £200.00 cheaper than Comfort who i had been with for 9 years, including FREE 1 year membership.
How on earth did you manage that?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The recommended MH ones' are not exactly round the corner for us.
Never mind the recommended ones, for a start I reckon you have never heard of the Uttoxeter one is but that's the one I'm at.
Just go to the nearest office and talk to them.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Never mind the recommended ones, for a start I reckon you have never heard of the Uttoxeter one is but that's the one I'm at.
Just go to the nearest office and talk to them.
How about this one

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019

If you are trying LV on their website, it is hopeless. Call them directly, they have always been excellent to deal with for us.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not all of them will handle MH insurance hence why I asked earlier which ones are amenable to it. I'll give them a ring tomorrow anyway as no harm in trying.
You will really do better going to see them face to face, honestly, you will just get some junior on the phone who has no idea.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I’ve just gone with NFU at Alford, Lincs. Very competitive and far cheaper than AIB and all the compare.com quotes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back