Motorhome Dealer Defects Survey: We Need Your Input! (13 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have you discovered defects in your motorhome that should have been caught during a pre-delivery inspection? It’s frustrating, right? Instead of enjoying your new purchase, you’re dealing with repairs or heading back to the dealer.

We’re going to be taking action to help improve these checks by monitoring dealers and tracking their performance. Over time, we’ll create a chart showing which dealers are delivering motorhomes with the most defects, helping you make informed decisions. Who knows, we might even award the dealer with the most defects an annual "prize" they won't want!

If you’ve bought a motorhome (new or used) with defects that should have been spotted at purchase, we want to hear from you. Your feedback will help hold dealers accountable.

But it’s not just about the negatives! We also want to highlight dealers who got it right. If your motorhome was defect-free, we’d love to hear about that too. Your positive experiences will help other buyers make better decisions and shine a spotlight on dealers delivering quality.

Take part in the survey and help MotorhomeFun make a difference!

The Motorhome Dealer Defects survey is here

Thanks (y)

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Blimey Jim where do I start !
Nets on a drop down bed ripped out of their anchor points / fixings because someone at the dealership had dropped the bed without releasing them first , no pigtail fitted for the gas canisters , no back box fitted to extra double mains plug points ( found on first hab check , dealer be told me that whatever numpty fitted them was a danger , his face when I told him it was you will live long in the memory )
8 months waiting for warranty parts identified at PDI .
We are about to write a missive to the dealers CEO / owner declaring our dismay at their abhorrent after sales service and demand within 14 days remedy . A shitshow and make no mistake .

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Our van was a new Globecar from SMC in 2021. All was fine on handover and they had done the work we asked for - additional power point, gaslow, mifi installation. We have had one or two issues since, dealt with under warranty. A few months from having on about second or third outing pump failed. Actually turned out to be stuck but they replaced it with a new, more powerful one, which they took of another new, none Globecar, van which they are not supposed to. This was of course still part of post covid supply chin issues. Two bedroom lights failed and were replaced. Had to wait some months for the replacements to come from Germany. The tambour shower door stuck and runners all replaced under warranty and door itself reglued. Partly our fault as door had been left open in the heat for 6 or 8 weeks without use. (I had had a knee op) The base of the roof lockers bowed such that one door wouldn’t close. This was picked up by SMC at hab check two, but it took until hab check three to be replaced because of getting part from Possle.
We have always found them helpful and one or two things that either we couldn’t sort out such as not being able to fill with water because we had missed a drain tap that we should have closed, they have dealt with as soon as possible.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
New Hymer from Lowdhams the radio never worked,
Used Carthago from Premium 2500 miles switched the wipers on going home only to find the drivers one loose so no wipers only took 4 months to get the parts which I did myself🤬

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I once had a van from the old Brownhills and the toilet cassette was FULL !!!!
Does that count as poor PDI ? . :doh:
Hi.
Common in C/vans a few years back .people looking around in the dealers yard....getting caught short while walking about.... Nearest van ?.... Thats why they have " Pre delivery checks "............................. You would think.
Tea Bag

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
New Hymer from Lowdhams the radio never worked,
Used Carthago from Premium 2500 miles switched the wipers on going home only to find the drivers one loose so no wipers only took 4 months to get the parts which I did myself🤬
If it was a Zenec fitted to a Hymer, that was not Lowdhams fault.
They were all crap, and they all suffer from the random cut out problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back