Free Member
Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Am missing something ? Can’t see the snowflake or mountain label ?
While I would always go by the specs rather than the picture, if you zoom in you can see it.
IMG_2620.jpeg

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Jul 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 494
Exp
Caravanned for 30 years, nearly two years in with the motorhome.
Another positive vote for the Michelin cross climate campers. Confidence on wet grass (most of the summer so far) traction in the snow ( french alps at Easter) sandy pitches last week and lots of wet motorway miles.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Getting a full set fitted next week, Michelin cross climate camping 225/75R16 118R
👍 Times like this I wish I had not bought a tag axle. 😂
Tyres on at the moment are Michelin agilis camping, fronts five years old, rears eight years old. So should see a differance hopefully.👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I have just done over 1000 miles on 4 new Michelin Cross Climate Camping tyres. I am well pleased with the traction in mud and on wet grass. Performance on wet tarmac roads is also really good. As far as I can tell the ride comfort hasn't improved noticeably. Road noise is about the same, and so is diesel mpg.

The previous Michelin Agilis Camping tyres were very poor for traction. I even struggled to drive up a country lane after the local farmers had deposited mud on the surface. The van started juddering when the traction control kicked in. The plus point with those tyres was a low rate of wear with plenty of tread left after nearly 8 years. I replaced them as a precaution.

OP
OP
Davecrawf
Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013
Getting a full set fitted next week, Michelin cross climate camping 225/75R16 118R
Tyres on at the moment are Michelin agilis camping, fronts five years old, rears eight years old. So should see a differance hopefully.👍
We are making exactly the same transition. I am also running on 225/75R 16 Agilis Camping.
I don't have a tag axle though 😁

Feb 26, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay PVC
Exp
Since 2010 but ltd experience.
Excuse me for jumping on the back of this thread. I have a tyre guy coming to replace a tyre on my CHR this afternoon and giving me a price for 4 tyres for my '02 Citroen Relay Conversion. I havent a clue!
Will be driving in the winter, also wet roads (it's Scotland), twisty roads in the Highlands with renowned poor surface. Currently has 215/70R15 fitted.
Thank in advance and apologies once again for butting in!

Feb 26, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay PVC
Exp
Excuse me for jumping on the back of this thread. I have a tyre guy coming to replace a tyre on my CHR this afternoon and giving me a price for 4 tyres for my '02 Citroen Relay Conversion. I havent a clue!
Will be driving in the winter, also wet roads (it's Scotland), twisty roads in the Highlands with renowned poor surface. Currently has 215/70R15 fitted.
Thank in advance and apologies once again for butting in!
Apologies for the unnecessary post folks. Just caught up on how to search in full and ofcourse found extensive info. 🙄 twurp.

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
I have 2 complete sets of wheels. One with summer tyres Michelin Agilis CP and one set with Michelin Agilis Alpin full winter tryres. I always think cross climates are a compromise.
The winter tyres have been great in Norway and Austria in the winter. Better in the UK too in the winter with some of our cold but wet conditions. I think they are better in heavy rain too.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
always think cross climates are a compromise
They are indeed..They are all season tyres.
The differance between Cross Climates all seasons and other all seasons is that CC are a summer based tyre that are tuned for winter/all season use whereas others are winter tyres that are also turned for winter/all season.

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Exactly what I’m going for , you get a good deal ?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Apologies for the unnecessary post folks. Just caught up on how to search in full and ofcourse found extensive info. 🙄 twurp.
I know you’ve done some research, but thought I’d answer your question.

Forgive the muck, it’s down to the rural location, farmers field, tractors flinging mud etc and why I brought these for my SAAB Convertible. Been excellent so far and three peeks as well, hope it helps.

Might have to zoom in 🙄
IMG_3591.jpeg

IMG_3590.jpeg

IMG_3592.jpeg

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The differance between Cross Climates all seasons and other all seasons is that CC are a summer based tyre that are tuned for winter/all season use whereas others are winter tyres that are also turned for winter/all season.

Is that really what you intended to say?🤔

Ian

Feb 26, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay PVC
Exp
I know you’ve done some research, but thought I’d answer your question.

Forgive the muck, it’s down to the rural location, farmers field, tractors flinging mud etc and why I brought these for my SAAB Convertible. Been excellent so far and three peeks as well, hope it helps.

Might have to zoom in 🙄
View attachment 927487

View attachment 927488

View attachment 927489
Thanks for the reply but if I'm completely honest if you showed me Dunlop tyres on a coach built Bessacar I'd be none the wiser 🤣
We all start somewhere I suppose and I have of course realised after extensive reading naturally there are massive variables for the right choice for you. Great learning curve.
I think I've settled on Michelin Agilis Cross Climates. My van doesn't sit for long and they cover my all weather needs and I will change them regularly anyway.
I see there is a mix of for and against camper or van tyres and favourite makes too, it can 'drive' you mad!! 🤪
Thanks for your interest.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Exactly what I’m going for , you get a good deal ?
Got them fitted yesterday. Bought online with ATS then booked appointment to suit me.
6 X Michelin Crossclimate camping
6 X new valves
6 X wheel balanced
6 X scrap disposal
Minus £70 Michelin discount promotion
Total = £1384

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Please enlighen me ??
Yes that is what I intended to say)👍👍

You are suggesting that the Michelin Cross Climate tyres (that carry the 3PSF) are inferior (in terms of winter performance) than other all season tyres.

Had you said that the Michelin Cross Climate tyres are inferior to other (dedicated) winter tyres then I’ve had understood your post.

On what basis do you believe that Michelin Cross Climates (that meet the criteria for winter tyres, i.e. 3PSF) are inferior to other all season tyres?

Ian

Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
You are suggesting that the Michelin Cross Climate tyres (that carry the 3PSF) are inferior (in terms of winter performance) than other all season tyres.

Had you said that the Michelin Cross Climate tyres are inferior to other (dedicated) winter tyres then I’ve had understood your post.

On what basis do you believe that Michelin Cross Climates (that meet the criteria for winter tyres, i.e. 3PSF) are inferior to other all season tyres?

Ian
It was a comparison between all season and dedicated winter tyres we were talking about.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
It was a comparison between all season and dedicated winter tyres we were talking about.

And it was the comparison between CC’s and other all seasons tyres that poppycamper made (below) that I was commenting on. 👍
The differance between Cross Climates all seasons and other all seasons

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back