Michelin Crossclimate Tyres (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Planning to fit two Michelin Agilis Crossclimate, 225/75 16 inch tyres to the front wheels following my recent puncture.
The punctured Michelin tyre performed really well, as I still had full control of the motorhome during the incident. Thus giving me confidence in Michelin.
Has anyone had experience of these particular tyres, before I meet with my bank manager 🤔 😁
See my post re cracking Michelin cross climates . Cracked within 18 months and low miles.

Still battling

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
You are suggesting that the Michelin Cross Climate tyres (that carry the 3PSF) are inferior (in terms of winter performance) than other all season tyres.

Had you said that the Michelin Cross Climate tyres are inferior to other (dedicated) winter tyres then I’ve had understood your post.

On what basis do you believe that Michelin Cross Climates (that meet the criteria for winter tyres, i.e. 3PSF) are inferior to other all season tyres?

Ian
No I was not infering any such thing..
I was simply stating that Cross Climates are based on a summer tyre and adapted for All Season use.. as apposed to most other brands that are based on a winter tyre and adapter for All Season use.
I am sure they are all equally suited to All Season use.
In fact if you check back previous threads you will find that I am an ardent supporter of Michilen Cross Climate Agilis Tyres fot moho use..👍👍

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I was simply stating that Cross Climates are based on a summer tyre and adapted for All Season use.. as apposed to most other brands that are based on a winter tyre and adapter for All Season use.

Thanks for the clarification.👍

Where did you find the information that suggests the situation is as you’ve suggested?

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
There's a difference between the Michelin Agilis Cross Climate and the Michelin Cross Climate (conveniently pictured above courtesy of PP Bear). I have had both and in my view the latter well out perform the former.
Early doors as only had them changed from Agilis Cross Climate to the Cross Climate Camper -immediate difference in ride quality. Only issue and reason for the post, tyre fitters damaged the alloys (2) - Hymer with a combined Milled and sprayed version so a real bug- er and another couple of days having to sort it out

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
There’s nothing to support that statement on the Michelin website. Michelin is a major manufacturer of tyres so SHOULD know what they’re talking about too …..

Michelin Cross Climate

Ian
Oh yes.... sorry forgot some on Fun needs absolute proof to everything that is written..
Again my apologies for answering your question above on where I heard/read it.
I also remember reading it from other sources when I did my intensive research into these tyres... but don't think I will spend any more time ( just took me an hour to find that one) looking for something you are not going to believe...just because Michelin says not.
At the end of the day they are all season tyres... full stop..

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Early doors as only had them changed from Agilis Cross Climate to the Cross Climate Camper -immediate difference in ride quality. Only issue and reason for the post, tyre fitters damaged the alloys (2) - Hymer with a combined Milled and sprayed version so a real bug- er and another couple of days having to sort it out
Same happened to me - twice!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back