LPG installation. (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Barriesimpson
Jesús (the guy who installed it) told me that people do say that but he could find no reason for it and certainly not a risk of overfill as the system controls that. However, I can switch bottles manually any time so it might be an idea to do that occasionally so the gas in the other bottle doesn't go off? Does gas go off?

Really ⚠️
The lack of basic knowledge and understanding about how the valves and systems work is actually quite disturbing.
You can certainly overfill any LPG system if you try hard enough and are either stupid enough to spend 45 minutes trying to get the last few pence in or choose to ignore the fact that alternating between cylinders is in fact best practice and something we religiously explain to all our customers.
We actually demonstrate the valve operation in the open air to our staff members so they have the benefit of having the correct knowledge.
I talk to someone who is involved in the gas training for Leisure vehicle fitters and it’s actually very scary how limited and basic their knowledge really is , they don’t even have to learn how to do a gas fitting properly ⚠️

Last edited:

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
I don't know if they told you, but best practice is (reportedly) to make sure you use both bottles, don't keep using and refilling just the one.

The 80% autofill cutoff will apparently let small amounts through if it is already full, so if you only use one and repeatedly refill it, you can overfill the one you don't use.
You are absolutely correct about this and it’s something that we explain to all our customers.
Ignore anyone telling you otherwise 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back