Local business man fined after reporting illegal immigrants who had broke into his campervan (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
As you say, I certainly would not abandon the wife I love and my 4 young children and go hundreds of miles further than I had to.
I would stop in the nearest safe country and try and get them released to join me.

The cynic in me, realises it's a nice emotive story though, which helps him (and possibly 5 more people to enter this country)

Ironic when, on the BBC 4 programme at 11.45 on Thursday, it reported that in Russia there are colleges teaching young people to become bloggers, floggers, infiltrators and computer people the arts of reporting and issuing false and subversive information to disrupt the Western World.
Perhaps, these people are part of this Russian education programme?
There is definitely not enough being done (that the public know about) to counter these & other threats from Russia, which has already done more harm to this country and western democracy than all the boat people put together.
(imho!)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
So the first of those is simply people being steered here out of greed by the trafficker. The second... A politician, prabably wanting to offload a perceieved problem, and entitled to hold an opinion. I expect the mayor of Timbuctoo would say the same! The first comes as no surprise. The second personally I would give no credence too whatsoever. Still don't think either answers the question as to why som many want to come here? By the time they are in the camp on the French coast they have already decided to come here so someone working there is a little late to the party.
Basically you are saying that two people who are involved in the matter are wrong and you dismiss their thoughts. I would have thought that their experiences are more valid that yours.

The message must be getting through loud and clear to the settlements in Africa or elsewhere that the trip is worth it. Get to UK and you will get everything you need for free and later I can apply to have you all join me at the trough.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
By the time they are in the camp on the French coast they have already decided to come here so someone working there is a little late to the party.
The camp volunteer said that they all have mobile phones when still in their own country and representatives of the traffickers promote the U.K. to them well before they decide to leave 'home' (and no doubt collect most of the payment there in advance).
It's a highly sophisticated and organised business.

Last edited:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Basically you are saying that two people who are involved in the matter are wrong and you dismiss their thoughts. I would have thought that their experiences are more valid that yours.
You make a valid point. However, as I pointed out, by the time they are in the camps they have made up their minds as to their destination.

As for politicians of any colour, flavour or country, I have said many times here that I don't trust any of them to be straightforward and truthful. That applies equally to all our politicians.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
You make a valid point. However, as I pointed out, by the time they are in the camps they have made up their minds as to their destination.

As for politicians of any colour, flavour or country, I have said many times here that I don't trust any of them to be straightforward and truthful. That applies equally to all our politicians.
They have decided their destination way before they leave home. Their families and mates have already made it here and are telling them how welcoming we are.
This country is just one big mug😡

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
They have decided their destination way before they leave home. Their families and mates have already made it here and are telling them how welcoming we are.
And they have the internet and U.K. TV and radio broadcasts so are as well informed as we are about our policies. I guess some still at home will have known the Rwanda decision before I did.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
This country is just one big mug😡

I'm old enough to remember when the destination always used to be America & Australia.

What changed, changes to their benefits system and stricter entry criteria.

Even though I was born in Australia and have dual Nationality, I was told a couple of years ago that, as I had returned there in the early 70's but had only stayed, worked and paid Australian tax for 3+ yrs, I could retire there BUT I would have to have sufficient savings & income to cover comprehensive medical and all living expenses.
I could NOT be a drain on the Australian Government coffers.

I asked amusedly, what would happen if I came in came in illegally?
The reply was, I hope you enjoy island life as your abode would be on one about 2 days sail away!

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Is there any concrete evidence at all that the security risk has increased? Or has the media and some politicians created the mindset in many of us? I don't know the answers to my own questions and if https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/tran...immigrantsandasylumseekersinthelastthreeyears is correct, nor do the government.

We just need to be careful that these people are not falsely blamed. The question we need to be asking is why that data is not being captured.
It depends on what you are classing as security risk...if it is simply the bikini state for terrorism...possibly not...until they discover the real identity of someone...if, for security you lump all crime in...well the albanians who arrived in droves about 18-24 moths ago now control alot of the very violent drugs trade...which directly affect many people day in day out. Of course, depending which side of the media you read/listen to...there are dozens of Doctors, architects, engineers etcs in and amongst the tens of thousands of illegal migrants.....
I tend to think that there will inevitably be some qualified people, most of thos arriving will not be bad people but a small proportion will be bad....and if that is only 5%....that could be 7500-10,000 people.

Nov 20, 2022
Congleton
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 lounge
When I used to do european work,I always had CS gas in my locker and other measures to deal with the rubbish and filth that would try and access my trailer either in or under, harsh treatment to any unwelcome hanger on, never stopped overnight within striking distance of dunkirk or Calais, I have no sympathy for the migrants, many will object to my views but having seen these savages and criminals trying to get to the uk I was not going to be fined for being a hardworking tax payer,just trying to do my job to earn a living.I’m glad I don’t do this anymore as a job.still enjoy touring Europe in a motorhome once away from the ports

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
There should be no immigrants arriving illegally.

The bigger picture is net migration. I don't have the answer to that one.
The bigger numbers is net migration.
If you had a house party and invited 50 or 60 family and friends...and there were 2 or 3 people also there who no one knew, would you want to know who they were and perhaps what they were doing there ? Etc

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
There should be no immigrants arriving illegally.

The bigger picture is net migration. I don't have the answer to that one.
I don’t know if this is true but I remember some peer saying the issue was that there was no possible legal migration route for these people and, if there were, it may help ease the crisis

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I don’t know if this is true but I remember some peer saying the issue was that there was no possible legal migration route for these people and, if there were, it may help ease the crisis
That is a statement of fact, but I am unsure if providing such a facility will help solve the problem of sheer numbers wanting to arrive.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
BUT it should ensure that those arriving have the correct credentials to claim asylum! One of the big problems is that we have limited options for returning people who don’t qualify.

Gordon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back