Lenny's Heading South, not a Clue Where.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Andrew wins Wanders from Glos .

IMG_20241014_150323_copy_1228x1638.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We found La Rabida interesting, with the Columbus museum and monastery where Combus stayed while trying to petition Queen Isabella to finance his voyages to the new world.
You used to be able to overnight in the car park near the ships.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just had a look at p4n just to see what there is as never looked for motorhome parking there before.
And it looks as if there are loads.
Screenshot_20241015-130326.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Blimey, Lenny! Where's the lagoon gone?
It's a good few years since we were there, but those horses should be standing in water!
Alan, Speve used to go there every winter for the birding. That's where we met them.
I think he's stopped going now because of the lagoon drying up.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just had a look at p4n just to see what there is as never looked for motorhome parking there before.
And it looks as if there are loads.View attachment 965443
Overnighting banned on nearly all of them and the ones on the beach no vehcial access.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Have been following this thread with interest…… but I am completely discombobulated by Lenny HB ’s current behaviour. From comments made so far, I am obviously not alone! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Various explanations have been offered for Lenny’s extraordinary behaviour. How can this champion of FLTing and budget eating have changed so much? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Perhaps, as has been suggested, it is the consequence of owning a “premium” MoHo and the feeling of obligation to live up to the image. Perhaps he has won the Lottery. Or, perhaps it is the lack of sufficient onboard Lithium to run all the electrical gadgets that is forcing the need for EHU….. but this would not explain the frequent extravagant eating out!

?????? :rofl:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Blimey, Lenny! Where's the lagoon gone?
It's a good few years since we were there, but those horses should be standing in water!
Alan, Speve used to go there every winter for the birding. That's where we met them.
I think he's stopped going now because of the lagoon drying up.
Yes we were there earlier this year as we had not been for some time only stayed four days as the birding was not good and la Aldea site has been spoilt they have surrounded the touring pitches with chalets making the area very enclosed and we had swarms of really nasty mossies all the time. The lagoon did have a drop of water but the whole are had declined badly shan’t be visiting again.😢😊
Here’s the lagoon in 2016
DSC_0086.jpeg

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Overnighting banned on nearly all of them and the ones on the beach no vehcial access.
Yes. Not that I didn't believe you but got quite a few up and as you say motorhomes are now banned pretty much all over. :(

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Well we tried to park up tonight but gave up, one review said this place now closed but club nautical good. Did a mile down a horrendous rough track in the pouring rain the car park looked OK but the entrance was awash & then Mi said those trees over the entrance look low.
So off we go to another place.just outside the entrance they had put concrete blocks around a tree making it impossible for a Motorhome to get in.

At 8pm ended up back at the site, on the the up side we met Jane And Rog and had a very plesent evening with them.

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
And yet if you read the reviews there are loads in the last few days and weeks saying no problem parking overnight. Police take note of reg numbers etc but as long as no camping behaviour etc all fine.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Last night's dinner was a scruffy paella, some idiot didn't close the freezer door properly so we had half defrosted pork, fish, mussels & clams. Didn't have any saffron so made do with paprika & chilli.

View attachment 965785
If someone forgot to close the freezer door and was subsequently presented with such a feast. There is no justice....I know I'm a hard man at times...but how would that person ever learn...it would have been bread and water in our house..
But had it been me who left the door open, and discovered my error....I would have definitely claimed to have had an idea and presented my idea to jumartoo stating that I've defrosted a wonderful array of foodstuff with an intention of cooking a feast...Devious and hard...that's me...🙄😊😊🇪🇺

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
Don’t be so harsh on yourself Lenny 😂😂😂 we’ve all done it 😂😂😂

I’ve also come to the conclusion that Mi is now in charge of the purse strings and wants a few more of the finer things in life so anything to keep the peace hey Lenny 🤫

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have been following this thread with interest…… but I am completely discombobulated by Lenny HB ’s current behaviour. From comments made so far, I am obviously not alone! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Various explanations have been offered for Lenny’s extraordinary behaviour. How can this champion of FLTing and budget eating have changed so much? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Perhaps, as has been suggested, it is the consequence of owning a “premium” MoHo and the feeling of obligation to live up to the image. Perhaps he has won the Lottery. Or, perhaps it is the lack of sufficient onboard Lithium to run all the electrical gadgets that is forcing the need for EHU….. but this would not explain the frequent extravagant eating out!

?????? :rofl:
I've missed out then, we got ours before Lenny but we haven't been so extravagant ... maybe he's just easily led! :LOL:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I'm afraid we were the same on this last aborted trip, despite what I think of these ccp things we must have used 50% of them on our stops , although they are going to be the end of free Aires as we knew them , for what time we have left( and might have already finished) we might as well use them while they are relatively cheap if you use the hookup.
You said that 4 years, 3 years ago etc etc. Apart from having 3 nights in CCPs (because I didnt have any solar) I just spent 35 nights in Provence for nothing. I still have 7,000+ aires in France (4,000+ are free) in comparison to the CCP who added how many this year ? They only have 600. Its getting quite difficult to find them.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I am happy to predict that the eminent next one will be bigger again, I give it a maximum of another two years in this one😇😎
Not even that long less he gets the weight upgrade done very soon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back