leaky loo, found out the cause ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't think anyone knew there was a manufactured HOLE outside a cassette unit, under the moulding halfway down the bowl.

It difficult to see, I have videos of it, but this site said, it was too large to download it, but without you going on your knees, looking up under the moulding it is the size of a halfpenny.
I think this is it, I looked for the MH you bought from motorhomedepot.com and it was still there Bentley Cobalt

1727810982351.png

However, if you go on the Bentley Motorhome Forum Facebook site, you will see it on that site, as my MH is a Bentley, and Facebook has noproblems with videos there ! Then of course, you might be able to understand EXACTLY what I am talking about, !
Private group so can't see what's posted on it.

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
OWWWWWWWW!Fantastic, sorry you cant see it on our facebook site! mm

So look at the pull-out lever, then to the right of that lever, on the first cassette bowl, right under that brim, before it meets with the 2nd cassette. is that little hole ! So it streams out of there, trickles down onto the lever (where I originally thought the water was coming from !)

So NOT flushing it now using a bottle as someone told me to do, and no dripping ! Hurray! So it looks like a STOPPER has come out of the hole, leaving the flush water to pour out of this hole.
Thank you for uploading the picture honey

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A parts diagram which may help:

Also a manual.

I wonder if, when you replaced the seal, you dislodged/didn't correctly refit something hence the leaking.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OWWWWWWWW!Fantastic, sorry you cant see it on our facebook site! mm

So look at the pull-out lever, then to the right of that lever, on the first cassette bowl, right under that brim, before it meets with the 2nd cassette. is that little hole ! So it streams out of there, trickles down onto the lever (where I originally thought the water was coming from !)

So NOT flushing it now using a bottle as someone told me to do, and no dripping ! Hurray! So it looks like a STOPPER has come out of the hole, leaving the flush water to pour out of this hole.
Thank you for uploading the picture honey
So you mean somewhere to the right of the lever in this cropped photo?

14729-17c49caca8.jpeg

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Uve GOT IT!!! about 2 inches to right of the grey lever, right under the rim. Brilliant someone understands where I am looking , and KNOWING that this is the flipping culprit, of the streaming of water coming out of

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Uve GOT IT!!! about 2 inches to right of the grey lever, right under the rim. Brilliant someone understands where I am looking , and KNOWING that this is the flipping culprit, of the streaming of water coming out of

I still can't see any holes and looking at the parts diagram, it has to be the seal?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I still can't see any holes and looking at the parts diagram, it has to be the seal?
From the description I think it's hidden under the rim at the base of the swivel top bowl.

I too think it's to do with the seal

1727813151371.png

Looking at the parts diagram and images from the manual there's a long piece - no 38 - that secures the slider/handle in place, if it's not in properly or whatever is used to secure it (a screw/bung?) is missing then it is likely to leak, I know the diagram shows it on the other side but it may be 'handed' depending on the version of the toilet fitted.

1727813661473.png

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
No ! Its a HOLE! I will go up to storage tomorrow, and try and do a photo, but it is so difficult to click my phone, when it is stuck under a rim, But believe me I am looked at the diagrams too given to me on the purchase of the van 6 weeks ago! the Instructions and diagrams DO NOT show that hole, but it is a manufactured Hole ! But thank you for all your help

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
and try and do a photo, but it is so difficult to click my phone, when it is stuck under a rim,
Do it as if you were doing a selfie, you can get at the 'button' easily then.

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
I couldn't find a pic of a van loo with the seat up, so this is the best I could find.
The circled area is where the flush water comes out of and then swirls around the bowl. Is this where your water is coming from ? If it is, it sounds like you've maybe displaced the nozzle (with vigorous cleaning ?)
Don't block off this outlet, or you might end up with a bigger problem !
View attachment 958178
Sadly, nothing like above, but really appreciate all your help, the flush water is under the rim, with no outlet like you see above, it is concealed under the basin, so I see the water coming out of the into bowl, and then excess water out of the hole! But no nozzle in site, it is obviously manufactured within the plastic of the rim, to make it look neat maybe

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
You had the perfect opportunity to looks at others on your Bentley rally, did you not ask them..?

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Sadly i too have looked at diagrams n instructions,and nothing on them about the holes, but just went onto their site, with two other people for years ago, having exactly the same problem, trouble is that the site asks you for money to cure the problem Cheek !

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
You had the perfect opportunity to looks at others on your Bentley rally, did you not ask them..?
Yes, but they were saying the same, about SEAL, but did not want to look at MY LOO! haha As it is a bit personal, when I told them, there is nothing coming from any SEAL, it is coming visibly from these holes, but no one volunteered to look ! mmmm

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
If anyone can leave their telephone number I can whatsapp these videos to you?
Ive a mobile MH Engineer coming out on the 28th October, but call out is 100 pounds, so if anyone can give me an idea, the Video will prove my problem to the T!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
If anyone can leave their telephone number I can whatsapp these videos to you?
Ive a mobile MH Engineer coming out on the 28th October, but call out is 100 pounds, so if anyone can give me an idea, the Video will prove my problem to the T!
We don't need a video, just some still shots will be a help because, it appears to be a type of flushing loo with a design no-one has seen?
Strange that other Bentley owners didn't want to help, perhaps one of those could have uploaded a video?

I can't remember now, is it an electric flushing loo? 🤔

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Yes a flush loo, its in storage now since the rally, so no photos, getting the camera under the seat, and doing it and pressing button was difficult, as with video, it was easier for some reason. but if you give me your number, it is so obvious there to see and the water cascading down the loo onto the floor.
OWWW Im not a SCAMMER haha

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Yes a flush loo, its in storage now since the rally, so no photos, getting the camera under the seat, and doing it and pressing button was difficult, as with video, it was easier for some reason. but if you give me your number, it is so obvious there to see and the water cascading down the loo onto the floor.
OWWW Im not a SCAMMER haha
you can then reply on this site, for anyone else who has the problem too then

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Yes, but they were saying the same, about SEAL, but did not want to look at MY LOO! haha As it is a bit personal, when I told them, there is nothing coming from any SEAL, it is coming visibly from these holes, but no one volunteered to look ! mmmm
Not a funster rally/forum where help is swift given freely

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Well, loo is being done on the 28th October, with a video sent to the Engineer, today.
Aircon, which is being paid for by my Broker, is going to be done tomorrow.

I am hoping for a few months, this is the last hiccup in my new purchase of Renee! I love the life, and feeling so excited about my next holiday
Swansea Marina, Brecon Beacons, Worcester, Stratford upon Avon, and a slow ride home to Suffolk after 10 days away!

And maybe the last trip of the season too ! ahhhhh

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
sweet caroline Swansea Marina just for the day ?
Over nighting is not allowed and you will be fined.
My boat is in Swansea Marina so I am familiar with the parking restrictions.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
I think you are saying that there is a small hole in the bottom of the plastic molding circled below where it fits onto the supporting piece.
If that's the case the only way for liquids to get in there is at the seal at the top of the pan (32) or
the seal at the bottom where it connects to the seal on the cassette.
Is the seal on the cassette the correct one? - if you put liquid (half full) in the bowel with the flap closed does it leak?
If NO then it's the top seal and I don't know how to dismantle that.

Screenshot_20241007-103934~2.png

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
sweet caroline , to get a photo on your phone in awkward spaces, use the timer function on the camera app, set to 10 secs and press the take picture button, then use the 10 secs to position your phone and it will automatically take photo at end of time.
To upload photos to this site, there shouldn’t be a problem with a single photo but you could use a free photo sizer app to make it a small file size first.
Just search photo resizer in your app store.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I think you are saying that there is a small hole in the bottom of the plastic molding circled below where it fits onto the supporting piece.
If that's the case the only way for liquids to get in there is at the seal at the top of the pan (32) or
the seal at the bottom where it connects to the seal on the cassette.
Is the seal on the cassette the correct one? - if you put liquid (half full) in the bowel with the flap closed does it leak?
If NO then it's the top seal and I don't know how to dismantle that.

View attachment 961645
I know nothing about this type/make of toilet BUT I'm presuming that the bit that sticks out of the back of 50 ( in the diagram) is the water inlet.

IF, as the OP says, that there are holes in the SIDE instead of the BACK could it be that someone has had a go at it and put 50 back incorrectly? 🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back