leaky loo, found out the cause ? (10 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't think anyone knew there was a manufactured HOLE outside a cassette unit, under the moulding halfway down the bowl.

It difficult to see, I have videos of it, but this site said, it was too large to download it, but without you going on your knees, looking up under the moulding it is the size of a halfpenny.
I think this is it, I looked for the MH you bought from motorhomedepot.com and it was still there Bentley Cobalt

1727810982351.png

However, if you go on the Bentley Motorhome Forum Facebook site, you will see it on that site, as my MH is a Bentley, and Facebook has noproblems with videos there ! Then of course, you might be able to understand EXACTLY what I am talking about, !
Private group so can't see what's posted on it.

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
OWWWWWWWW!Fantastic, sorry you cant see it on our facebook site! mm

So look at the pull-out lever, then to the right of that lever, on the first cassette bowl, right under that brim, before it meets with the 2nd cassette. is that little hole ! So it streams out of there, trickles down onto the lever (where I originally thought the water was coming from !)

So NOT flushing it now using a bottle as someone told me to do, and no dripping ! Hurray! So it looks like a STOPPER has come out of the hole, leaving the flush water to pour out of this hole.
Thank you for uploading the picture honey

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A parts diagram which may help:

Also a manual.

I wonder if, when you replaced the seal, you dislodged/didn't correctly refit something hence the leaking.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OWWWWWWWW!Fantastic, sorry you cant see it on our facebook site! mm

So look at the pull-out lever, then to the right of that lever, on the first cassette bowl, right under that brim, before it meets with the 2nd cassette. is that little hole ! So it streams out of there, trickles down onto the lever (where I originally thought the water was coming from !)

So NOT flushing it now using a bottle as someone told me to do, and no dripping ! Hurray! So it looks like a STOPPER has come out of the hole, leaving the flush water to pour out of this hole.
Thank you for uploading the picture honey
So you mean somewhere to the right of the lever in this cropped photo?

14729-17c49caca8.jpeg

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Uve GOT IT!!! about 2 inches to right of the grey lever, right under the rim. Brilliant someone understands where I am looking , and KNOWING that this is the flipping culprit, of the streaming of water coming out of

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Uve GOT IT!!! about 2 inches to right of the grey lever, right under the rim. Brilliant someone understands where I am looking , and KNOWING that this is the flipping culprit, of the streaming of water coming out of

I still can't see any holes and looking at the parts diagram, it has to be the seal?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I still can't see any holes and looking at the parts diagram, it has to be the seal?
From the description I think it's hidden under the rim at the base of the swivel top bowl.

I too think it's to do with the seal

1727813151371.png

Looking at the parts diagram and images from the manual there's a long piece - no 38 - that secures the slider/handle in place, if it's not in properly or whatever is used to secure it (a screw/bung?) is missing then it is likely to leak, I know the diagram shows it on the other side but it may be 'handed' depending on the version of the toilet fitted.

1727813661473.png

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
No ! Its a HOLE! I will go up to storage tomorrow, and try and do a photo, but it is so difficult to click my phone, when it is stuck under a rim, But believe me I am looked at the diagrams too given to me on the purchase of the van 6 weeks ago! the Instructions and diagrams DO NOT show that hole, but it is a manufactured Hole ! But thank you for all your help

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back