leaky loo, found out the cause ? (10 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi guys,

I said, that i had a leaky loo! well, Im stuck in the Derbyshire Dales on site, so have time on my hand at present. Now I am NO technician, as I was a surgical podiatrist in past life !

However. I can see the water coming from now ! It is two holes under the seat of the loo cassette! So when I press the water to flush (thankfully it is not human water, as a bit of a hygiene freak !), the water is also coming out of these two holes, and dripping on the lever and then obviously straight onto the floor! Why is this please?

I have a home visit habitation guy coming next week, so at least I am able to tell him where the water is coming from now ! Phew Any suggestion to STOP this happening for the next 2 days, whilst driving please

Your EXPert advise is always appreciated guys ! Thank you so much

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Don't use the flush,you can use an empty spray bottle filled with water instead,sounds like the flush outlet has become unseatedđź‘Ť

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We rarely use our flush . Have a small garden type sprayer that is pumped up and used to sluice down any debris and clean the bowl. A few drops of bio washing liquid in it and it negates using the flush and also saves on water

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi guys I'm hoping this video can be seen. As it's not so easy on this site, Facebook is easier.
You seem to have to download in a file first.
But I've found the hole under the rim the flush water đź’§ is coming from, n then works its way onto the lever.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
We rarely use our flush . Have a small garden type sprayer that is pumped up and used to sluice down any debris and clean the bowl. A few drops of bio washing liquid in it and it negates using the flush and also saves on water
I understand, but whatever water I put down there,it seeps thru hole n lever?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Sounds like you need a seal kit.
Similar to this
Try cleaning the rubber seal with silicone grease or similar first.
its NOT the seal, that was put in new on habitation last month! The water is coming from a manufacturing hole the size of a halfpenny under the rim. So I have bunged it up with a sponge, and dripping has stopped! Bizzare, but getting a habitation guyto look at it this week

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am guessing there was a jet type fitting in that hole to direct the water round the underside of the rim, that is missing and the hose luckily is close to the hole so some water comes into the bowl the rest leaks

Just hope you can get the part that’s missing

But this leak should be avoided by not flushing

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
I am guessing there was a jet type fitting in that hole to direct the water round the underside of the rim, that is missing and the hose luckily is close to the hole so some water comes into the bowl the rest leaks

Just hope you can get the part that’s missing

But this leak should be avoided by not flushing

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
AHHH, so could it be a stopper of some sort, that has come away do you think? It wasn't like it last month, when I bought it ? What you described, seemed to be the best solution to this topic, so I really appreciate all your help

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
AHHH, so could it be a stopper of some sort, that has come away do you think? It wasn't like it last month, when I bought it ? What you described, seemed to be the best solution to this topic, so I really appreciate all your help
Have you been scrubbing at the loo with a brush or anything?

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
No only sponges, ive only had it 5 weeks, but it looks like a stopper has come out of that hole, you would not notice this hole, unless you go right on your knees and looking up under the brim of the cassette

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
its NOT the seal, that was put in new on habitation last month! The water is coming from a manufacturing hole the size of a halfpenny under the rim. So I have bunged it up with a sponge, and dripping has stopped! Bizzare, but getting a habitation guyto look at it this week
Dry it off and stick some GOOD gaffer tape over the holes, that will stop it for a few days!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I couldn't find a pic of a van loo with the seat up, so this is the best I could find.
The circled area is where the flush water comes out of and then swirls around the bowl. Is this where your water is coming from ? If it is, it sounds like you've maybe displaced the nozzle (with vigorous cleaning ?)
Don't block off this outlet, or you might end up with a bigger problem !
20240930_165906.png

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I couldn't find a pic of a van loo with the seat up, so this is the best I could find.
The circled area is where the flush water comes out of and then swirls around the bowl. Is this where your water is coming from ? If it is, it sounds like you've maybe displaced the nozzle (with vigorous cleaning ?)
Don't block off this outlet, or you might end up with a bigger problem !
View attachment 958178
If it's that type, you should be able to split the top from the bottom, stick your hand up (after emptying the fresh water) and push it back in.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
So back to the original solution of not using the flush and using a spray bottle instead đź‘Ť

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back