leaky loo, found out the cause ? (30 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi guys,

I said, that i had a leaky loo! well, Im stuck in the Derbyshire Dales on site, so have time on my hand at present. Now I am NO technician, as I was a surgical podiatrist in past life !

However. I can see the water coming from now ! It is two holes under the seat of the loo cassette! So when I press the water to flush (thankfully it is not human water, as a bit of a hygiene freak !), the water is also coming out of these two holes, and dripping on the lever and then obviously straight onto the floor! Why is this please?

I have a home visit habitation guy coming next week, so at least I am able to tell him where the water is coming from now ! Phew Any suggestion to STOP this happening for the next 2 days, whilst driving please

Your EXPert advise is always appreciated guys ! Thank you so much

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Don't use the flush,you can use an empty spray bottle filled with water instead,sounds like the flush outlet has become unseatedđź‘Ť

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We rarely use our flush . Have a small garden type sprayer that is pumped up and used to sluice down any debris and clean the bowl. A few drops of bio washing liquid in it and it negates using the flush and also saves on water

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi guys I'm hoping this video can be seen. As it's not so easy on this site, Facebook is easier.
You seem to have to download in a file first.
But I've found the hole under the rim the flush water đź’§ is coming from, n then works its way onto the lever.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sweet caroline
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
We rarely use our flush . Have a small garden type sprayer that is pumped up and used to sluice down any debris and clean the bowl. A few drops of bio washing liquid in it and it negates using the flush and also saves on water
I understand, but whatever water I put down there,it seeps thru hole n lever?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
For lever do you mean the slide across the bottom of the pan?

If you can't do video just upload a couple of photos

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun