Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
The cycle count is really excessive if that's correct 7836 I think you have a problem with the BMS something ain't right with that.
And that should be covered by the guarantee, the bluetooth is just reading what the bms is doing, nothing more,it can't be the bluetooth corrupting the figures.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just a point. KS have 2 different bluetooth apps number 1.0 and 2.0. The 2.0 version is designed for their low profile batteries which have the prefix KS-LP and the 1.0 version is for the rest of their range.

For those who are having difficulty with their KS Bluetooth it would be useful to know which app version you are using

I have had 2 x KS-LP120 batteries using the version 2.0 app for a year now and they are still OK. Occasionally they play up a bit in that they do not list my batteries when I go into the app, but that has usually been solved by switching off and then back on the phone's bluetooth which makes them re-pair.

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
I would just open it up, and fit a jk bms with active balance, cost 95quid, and you are in control of all settings.
Raul I’ve had the same problems with my TN lithium do you think I do the same with it although mine doesn’t have Bluetooth I just take the readings from my victron shunt

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
The only way to know for sure, without comms, it’s a capacity test. If it’s way down 30-40% down then I would open it up, and fit a bms that I can control the settings and a active balancer. Cells usually are very resilient if charged within spec, the bms suffers from heat. Also they have come a long way in the last 4-5 years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Raul I’ve had the same problems with my TN lithium do you think I do the same with it although mine doesn’t have Bluetooth I just take the readings from my victron shunt
Just curious ... how do you know you are having the same problems if you don't have bluetooth monitoring in the battery? As I understand it, the issues are down to the built in monitor reporting incorrect info, but that doesn't apply for you?

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Just curious ... how do you know you are having the same problems if you don't have bluetooth monitoring in the battery? As I understand it, the issues are down to the built in monitor reporting incorrect info, but that doesn't apply for you?
Last year the battery kept on going flat the victron B2b and solar would pump the volts in and the the battery would read 14.4 but as soon as I put any load on it would drop to 10.62 and turn off. After a conversation with the retailer saying he’d never heard of that before maybe it could be the Victron equipment so I went out and brought a flooded sealed standard battery and temporary fitted that, all worked fine with no problems. To cut a long story short the battery went back to the retailer and after a few days he rung to say the cells had got out of balance he’d gone through the process of rebalancing them and all was now ok.
I’ve now been away for 2 eight week trips and indeed all has been fine but in the back of my mind I’m thinking it’s going to do it again and is there a solution I can do to fix it permanently

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Forgot to say I’ve got a victron shunt and mointer the overall battery condition through that

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Last year the battery kept on going flat the victron B2b and solar would pump the volts in and the the battery would read 14.4 but as soon as I put any load on it would drop to 10.62 and turn off. After a conversation with the retailer saying he’d never heard of that before maybe it could be the Victron equipment so I went out and brought a flooded sealed standard battery and temporary fitted that, all worked fine with no problems. To cut a long story short the battery went back to the retailer and after a few days he rung to say the cells had got out of balance he’d gone through the process of rebalancing them and all was now ok.
I’ve now been away for 2 eight week trips and indeed all has been fine but in the back of my mind I’m thinking it’s going to do it again and is there a solution I can do to fix it permanently
Yes there is, a active balancer, or bms with active balance built in. My choice would be a jk bms with 2A active balance with fully configurable parameters.

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to hijack the thread but could you supply a link where I could buy one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Im in almost the same boat. Im experiencing weird behaviour from ultramax, no comms so i don't know what the cells are at. This is only on heavy inverter load. Only popped up this spring, after 4 years of use. I suspect cell imbalance, so i will be going the jk bms route very soon.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
There is a member in here sell them to, forgot his name, if someone bring it up please.

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Im in almost the same boat. Im experiencing weird behaviour from ultramax, no comms so i don't know what the cells are at. This is only on heavy inverter load. Only popped up this spring, after 4 years of use. I suspect cell imbalance, so i will be going the jk bms route very soon.
Same here through using the inverter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back