IQ Go have introduced a fair useage policy limiting eu data (41 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 24, 2023
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus
Went to top up my IQ Go sim today with 100 gb of data for £20.00 to discover as of 20th September (yesterday) they have changed the conditions to a fair useage policy. 100gb in uk and only 25gb in Europe. Up until today I had had no notification of this. Am I doing something wrong or have any of you come across this. I find this a little frustrating as they were keen enough to take my annual subscription a few weeks ago.
Looks like I shall be buying a local data sim.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Upvote 0

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Too many reports of issues with them. There are threads on here with people leaving them because of issues.

Yes, I had their original ‘world’ data SIM and that worked well until they unilaterally switch me to another package without my knowledge halfway through a trip!

Nightmare to deal with after that. The link above appears to be for the RWG phone bundles for European use only not including UK, and not their data SIMS which , AFAIK, are UK only now? Non starter for me and I’ll wait to see what IQGO come up with for now.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Upvote 0
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
I just LOVE these guys! They provide the best customer service that I've experienced in a very, very long time. I'll definitely be staying with them :)
Yip just ran out of data on my router nfl last Sunday crap weather, bought another bolt on today online usually takes 24hrs but emailed them and was processed within the hour.
Hopefully they can get it sorted for roaming in EU in the future.

Reactions: HKF
Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
I just LOVE these guys! They provide the best customer service that I've experienced in a very, very long time. I'll definitely be staying with them :)
Yep, me too.

We've used them several times over the past year, we had a months trip planned for Germany last month but had to cancel. I'd already bought a monthly bolt on before going, I contacted Frazer who immediately refunded me the money, very pleased with their service.

If their new plan is any good then I will be sticking with them. 👍

Pete

Upvote 0
Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
IQ Go:
Yep, me too.

If their new plan is any good then I will be sticking with them. 👍
+1. Will be waiting for the new deal. Brilliant and responsive customer service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Just been looking at the Tesco deal. Didn’t realise it was only for phones, is this correct I need a sim for my router.
They can only be used in mobile devices, so okay in mifi's but not home routers, it may work for a little while or not at all. Don't forget to use the Tesco APN, it may not connect or connect to an O2 APN by default however it won't work reliably until the Tesco APN is set.

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I have the motorhome wi-fi 4G aerial on the van. It uses a sim card in the mini unit. So this should be OK through this. Didn't realise a different sim was needed if using a router. Used to have a TP-link but fitted aerial instead a stock up less space and always there.

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
I had ordered a monthly bundle to commence on the 1st October. I have just been contacted by Corbin at IQ GO asking if I wanted the starting date moved to 30th September to receive the full month data with the Fair Use Policy restriction.

I have always been impressed by IQ GO and this is a great example of good customer service. I look forward to hearing about the new products and will continue to use them.

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I had ordered a monthly bundle to commence on the 1st October. I have just been contacted by Corbin at IQ GO asking if I wanted the starting date moved to 30th September to receive the full month data with the Fair Use Policy restriction.

I have always been impressed by IQ GO and this is a great example of good customer service. I look forward to hearing about the new products and will continue to use them.

The people at IQ should all be MPs. The whole country needs people with their ethics!

Upvote 0
Sep 23, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
>8 years in T5
I’ve used IQ GO during a couple of extended EU holidays this year and when I had a minor issue - on a Sunday- they replied to a WhatApp message within the hour and solved the issue.
I’m going to wait and see what the new roaming plans will be and if reasonable will migrate our data sim.
You really can’t fault their services and customer service. So much so that even at a little extra expense, I’ve moved one of our mobile phones over to them.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
So my IQGo sim upgraded today with what should have been 100GB of roaming data. Just tried logging in and I dont have any 4G signal. When I checked the data on their website, its telling me I have used 25gb already and only have 75gb left. There is also no way we have used 25gb of data today as we only logged into emails this morning and have been driving since with the router off.
Last night the old monthly data was showing at 99gb used, so it has renewed sometime since midnight. which I can only assume at this stage that they are not honouring the 100gb they told me would be available if I renewed before 30th September.
I have sent them a message to find out what's happening.

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
So my IQGo sim upgraded today with what should have been 100GB of roaming data. Just tried logging in and I dont have any 4G signal. When I checked the data on their website, its telling me I have used 25gb already and only have 75gb left. There is also no way we have used 25gb of data today as we only logged into emails this morning and have been driving since with the router off.
Last night the old monthly data was showing at 99gb used, so it has renewed sometime since midnight. which I can only assume at this stage that they are not honouring the 100gb they told me would be available if I renewed before 30th September.
I have sent them a message to find out what's happening.
I’m having the exact same problem Howard. I renewed with a new 100GB top up on Thursday following a suggestion from Corbin at IQ. He confirmed that the full 100GB would be available to us whilst roaming. Arrived in France Saturday and the weekend all was perfect. I watched a couple of Premier League games so could easily have used 25GB but am nowhere near having used the full 100GB. But as of right now we’re in Kortrijk in Belgium and have no internet. I’ve emailed IQ and am awaiting their response.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
This is the response i just had.

Hi,

We are aware of some issues with accessing the data network, we have logged this with our upstream supplier and will follow-up with more information on this soon, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We don't have more information at this time, but we can assure you that it isn't your equipment, signal or SIM and is something within the network itself affecting customers both roaming and in the UK. It is also effecting how data is displayed on the online checker.

It should be resolved in the next 30-60 minutes.

IQ Support

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
This is the response i just had.

Hi,

We are aware of some issues with accessing the data network, we have logged this with our upstream supplier and will follow-up with more information on this soon, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We don't have more information at this time, but we can assure you that it isn't your equipment, signal or SIM and is something within the network itself affecting customers both roaming and in the UK. It is also effecting how data is displayed on the online checker.

It should be resolved in the next 30-60 minutes.

IQ Support
Me too. All now back working. Despite a wobble IQ are still my favourite WiFi supplier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Me too. All now back working. Despite a wobble IQ are still my favourite WiFi supplier.
Mine seems to be working but its still showing I have used 25GB today which cant be right as I only went on line for 304- mins to check emails and a few forums. Should have been 100mb max.. I may have to message them again.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
We landed in Santander on Saturday, bought a DIGI 200GB for €16 on Sunday and all working fine. No contract. Seems like a good option to me.

Terry
May pick up a Spanish Sim when we get to Roses on Friday, if I can find a shop.

Upvote 0

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2020
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
I emailed IQ this morning asking for a refund of £20 for my sim, they refunded me in 10 minutes.
What’s happens to your phone number when you cancel the IQ contract - do you lose it? I’m into month 1 of a 3 month contract with them. I’ve bought a Spanish SIM in Burgos and would like to cancel with IQ but I’ve had my number a long time and I’ve nowhere to transfer it to 🤷‍♂️.

Upvote 0

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2020
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
We landed in Santander on Saturday, bought a DIGI 200GB for €16 on Sunday and all working fine. No contract. Seems like a good option to me.

Terry
I bought one to in Burgos on Saturday but I don’t seem to be able to hotspot off it - is that the same for you?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back