iNet box and Truma 4E epic fail - thus far.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Hello all. Spent better part of weekend trying to install an iNet box on my Truma 4E with little to no success. The box is ex eBay but appears to be functional - Bluetooth and update functioned correctly - but when hooked up as per the Truma manuals it does not recognise either the (iNet ready) control panel nor the 4E combi unit. Following Truma instructions I unplugged the existing Combi 4E to CP data cable and plugged it into one of the TIN 1 jacks on the iNet box then ran another cable (6 pin RJ12 ex Amazon.com not oem Truma) from the other TIN 1 jack to the control panel. After this the panel only displayed the clock and settings icons suggesting to me no communication with the Combi. Numerous restarts, power downs and cable swaps but still no joy. Grateful any suggestions from the hive. Ta, 762.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sevensixtwo
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Potentially but why does the iNet box not recognise the Combi unit? Am using the original Truma cable between the box and the combi so it should show up on the device list. Are you running this system?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Potentially but why does the iNet box not recognise the Combi unit? Am using the original Truma cable between the box and the combi so it should show up on the device list. Are you running this system?
Have you done a initialisation on the CP panel after everything has been connected? It's easy to check the pin out is the same on both cables with a multimeter.
Is the combi 4e iNet ready?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
When I first installed my iNet box I missed the initialisation part of the instructions and it didn’t work. Soon discovered this bit and it has all worked well since.

“ The iNet-capable appliances connected to the Truma CP plus control panel must be known to the Truma CP plus control panel. If this is not the case, you must perform the following steps on the Truma CP plus: Start the search of the appliances under menu item “Service menu” -> “RESET” -> “PR SET”. After confirmation, the Truma CP plus control panel initialises itself. “INIT ..” appears on the display while this is in progress. This stores in the Truma CP plus control panel the appliances that have been found.”

Might be worth checking that the panel has properly initialised to the new connections.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sevensixtwo
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Have you done a initialisation on the CP panel after everything has been connected? It's easy to check the pin out is the same on both cables with a multimeter.
Is the combi 4e iNet ready?
I did a pin check and the Amazon cable was good. The Combi 4E is from 2018 and is iNet ready. Made numerous resets on the CP using the INIT function but no luck.

OP
OP
Sevensixtwo
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
When I first installed my iNet box I missed the initialisation part of the instructions and it didn’t work. Soon discovered this bit and it has all worked well since.

“ The iNet-capable appliances connected to the Truma CP plus control panel must be known to the Truma CP plus control panel. If this is not the case, you must perform the following steps on the Truma CP plus: Start the search of the appliances under menu item “Service menu” -> “RESET” -> “PR SET”. After confirmation, the Truma CP plus control panel initialises itself. “INIT ..” appears on the display while this is in progress. This stores in the Truma CP plus control panel the appliances that have been found.”

Might be worth checking that the panel has properly initialised to the new connections.
Ok thanks. If the panel properly initialises how would that be depicted? Did not see a list of connected devices…

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back