Incident in May 2024 - Still waiting on AutoSleeper for Decals (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
In May this year we unfortunately had an incident involving a narrow lane, somebody smaller than us who wouldn't reverse and a York stone boulder. The damage was sufficient that I've had to arrange for crash repairs and claim on my insurance (which I've never done before).

The repairer's have liaised with the insurance company (who were understanding) and different suppliers for the required parts. They explained to us that once they have everything we can take our van into their workshop and they can do the repairs.

An order was placed with AutoSleeper at the end of June for new decals (on one side) for our 2019 Symbol Plus. We're still waiting.

This is frustrating - we've not been out as we'd hoped this summer for fear of missing our workshop "slot".

A few years back I had a warranty claim with AutoSleeper which equally took about 6 months.

Anyone else experienced these delays with AutoSleeper ? Disappointing from a UK based company.

Van Damage.png

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
In May this year we unfortunately had an incident involving a narrow lane, somebody smaller than us who wouldn't reverse and a York stone boulder. The damage was sufficient that I've had to arrange for crash repairs and claim on my insurance (which I've never done before).

The repairer's have liaised with the insurance company (who were understanding) and different suppliers for the required parts. They explained to us that once they have everything we can take our van into their workshop and they can do the repairs.

An order was placed with AutoSleeper at the end of June for new decals (on one side) for our 2019 Symbol Plus. We're still waiting.

This is frustrating - we've not been out as we'd hoped this summer for fear of missing our workshop "slot".

A few years back I had a warranty claim with AutoSleeper which equally took about 6 months.

Anyone else experienced these delays with AutoSleeper ? Disappointing from a UK based company.

View attachment 946713

I don't see any decals that would need replacing in your photos, only the standard black plastic trim on the side panels that you should be able to get from a Fiat main dealer.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I don't see any decals that would need replacing in your photos, only the standard black plastic trim on the side panels that you should be able to get from a Fiat main dealer.

Looks like they're planning to replace the whole panel šŸ˜³

IMG_4906.jpeg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can they not do the job and add the decals later.
I wouldn't have wrecked my van because the other party wouldn't reverse, up to the smaller vehicle to reverse.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Can they not do the job and add the decals later.
I wouldn't have wrecked my van because the other party wouldn't reverse, up to the smaller vehicle to reverse.
that's when you put handbrake and kettle on and offer them a cuppa :wink: it's a long wait ...

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Someone who wouldn't revese, I'd just turn the gas on and make a cup of tea. I can wait longer than them.

+1. I had a similar situation a year ago. Got out and spoke to elderly lady. She couldn't reverse - she tried, but after about 20 feet and 3 'forward and reverses' :tmi:, I asked her if she would like me to do it.

She was very grateful for offer, and 5 minutes later we were on our way.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
I agree with Lenny HB just get em to add decals later, why put up with no use of van, as decals are usually vinyl and are just a job with a heat gun to apply in worst case, stick on in best.

If it's an insurance job may be worth speaking with the annoying youtubers who do Vinyl stuff as their business (The Roaming Radfords) as I think their company does custom vinyls for all sorts of vans. Can't be too hard to match whats there with a custom design, you just need the printer + cutter to do it, and thats literally what their business does apparently. I would wager they may make them for Autosleeper.

Vinyl is easy stuff so if they can't do it, I bet you a many vehicle wrap places could.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Looks like they're planning to replace the whole panel šŸ˜³

View attachment 946769

All the damage is way below the the decals and below the panel swage line.
Any competent body shop would pin-pull out the damaged area and spray up the the panel to the swage line and just replace the plasty trim. Very similar damage to Robs Kannon Fodda PVC, and that was repaired okay without replacing panels.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
All the damage is way below the the decals and below the panel swage line.
Any competent body shop would pin-pull out the damaged area and spray up the the panel to the swage line and just replace the plasty trim. Very similar damage to Robs Kannon Fodda PVC, and that was repaired okay without replacing panels.

But as Nanniemate says once insurance gets involved !

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
But as Nanniemate says once insurance gets involved !

Having been in the motor trade for many a year, I can assure you that insurance companies and their assessors are out to cut corners to save money rather than replace parts and panels and spend money that they don't have too including determining how many grams of paint to use rather than quoting for 1/2 a litre as was the case years ago.

OP
OP
T
Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Thanks to everyone for their comments.

I understand the whole side of the van needs to be resprayed which is why new decals are needed. The repairers came recommended. They have been in business decades and have numerous accreditations. Organisations that perform work that isn't necessary don't last long. Surface pictures only show part of the story.

Nobody sets out to have an accident, make an insurance claim or go without a van for a season because they're waiting for it to go into the workshop. There is a difference between being at the scene and not. It's the first accident and vehicle insurance claim I've had in over 40 years of driving.

My original posting asked whether anyone else had experienced delays over getting parts or making warranty claims with AutoSleeper.

Do people have opinions on that please ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back