Ignorant (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
As an FYI we have had similar situations on UK sites.

We have a Hymer, a German designed Motorhome, which means, like the OP's, the hab door is on the 'wrong' (right) side.
The inconsiderate camper, whilst driving a German VW, appears to be UK spec with the whoosh bang door on the left (UK) side.

I'd guess he simply saw a space on what should be the rear side of a UK motorhome and though he'd camp in the lee (still a bit too close though)

I suspect as soon as they realised the hab door was inside 'their' space they realised their mistake.
It was then a case of brinkmanship as to whom would move first, but they must have realised the polite thing to do was the later arrival had to move.

PaulC70

Visiting Coventry
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
They have just gone off exploring to see if they can borrow a large mangy dog and attach it on a bit of string to a steak in the ground, failing that a donkey.
(Show the campers the sort of Travellers they have pitched next to! :LOL: :cool:)
Why would they attach the mangy dog to a donkey? :unsure:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Where do you keep a donkey in a mh?
I'll bet you have one of those new fangled ones with a diesel engine!

1723984334734.png

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Seven seasons of racing means nothing surprises me regarding parking in race paddocks. TBH, as long as you could get the races cars around, it never bothered me!

OP
OP
Mleabon
Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
Seven seasons of racing means nothing surprises me regarding parking in race paddocks. TBH, as long as you could get the races cars around, it never bothered me!
What did you race? I did about 7 seasons too in Production BMW. Loved it but I'm retired now. It's good to go and watch my old racing mates. A race is better to watch if you know someone in it.
When I raced I would turn up Thursday and get all set up for the weekend. Slightly different as a spectator.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Had similar at a local music festival.
Had the awning out and a reed mat under it.
Came back at tea time to find a tent half on and half off my reed mat.
Just left them too it.

OP
OP
Mleabon
Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
Had similar at a local music festival.
Had the awning out and a reed mat under it.
Came back at tea time to find a tent half on and half off my reed mat.
Just left them too it.
That's very laid back of you. I try.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
When I was instructing I always had my camper in the pits. Kept warm in cold weather and a kip at dinner time ;)

And I was always there first in the morning :)

OP
OP
Mleabon
Mar 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T70 HQ
When I was instructing I always had my camper in the pits. Kept warm in cold weather and a kip at dinner time ;)

And I was always there first in the morning :)
When I was racing we couldn't afford a camper van so we camped.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We were at Bastogne at a Motocross Gp. We were all very carefully parked in lanes with a decent firebreak in between. Thank goodness as on the first day we came back for lunch to see a lovely newish Hymer on fire and hurriedly being towed out of the area. Absolute destroyed but luckily nothing else was. Had the parking been ad hoc who knows what would have happened ?
We travel a lot to these meetings in Europe and they always park us well.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Even in the short time we've been involved pitch etiquette seems to have dropped off. People just don't respect pitch boundary markers any more. We had some Tw@t last week using our pitch to wash all his boating bits off! When asked if he needed me to move over on my pitch a bit for him he replied "no you're OK mate, nearly finished now".🤷

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Many years ago we camped at Le Boucanet in France and the German caravan next to us had encroached on our pitch so many times, that I gave up asking. Was making me angry

But on their last night I went and peed all over his leccy cables behind his van. Was fun in the morning watching him coiling up all his cables

I was younger and dafter in my defence

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
AC DC up loud and on repeat - then go out. (y)
son struggled, when with young children, neighbour was a very loud, unsuitable language/music for children camper. Son had camped first, he came to an agreement that they could play their own music hour about, neighbours didn't last for an hour of classical music 🤣 and moved.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
May I recommend anything by Pere Ubu (mid 70's prog rock, very very annoying).
Just ensure you are not within 100m for the first 3 albums played back to back.
Or Can,the track Aum off the Tago Mago album, That'll shift 'em.(I love Can)
Saw Pere Ubu in the 70's, had to leave.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back