LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Our first time January of this year loved it but never went in any bars on the strip as such although did have a walk along there and into old town, head the opposite direction to Albir/Altea lots of nice places and culture, we liked it so much we are going back in January 🙂

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Our first time January of this year loved it but never went in any bars on the strip as such although did have a walk along there and into old town, head the opposite direction to Albir/Altea lots of nice places and culture, we liked it so much we are going back in January 🙂
Pontiente a 15 min walk from the crowds is as good a beach as I've ever been on.

And I've been to Blackpool my friend.. :ROFLMAO:

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
We go quite often and stay at Almafra, very nice site.
If not there then Alicante Imperium which is Villajoyosa and then spend our time in Albir and Altea which are very smart and also Villajoyosa and La Cala all of which feel miles away from the Benidorm 'madness' which we only really go to for Tapas alley
We can reach all of those by bus or tram which is very efficient and you can get to Alicante in the South and as far up as Denia in the North. All for about 20e a night on an extended stay

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Ah, now that's a problem I do have. I would be quite happy to be able to escape when necessary by staying slightly outside but we have a small dog and I believe dogs are not allowed on buses in Spain :(
We have been on buses with our dog and trains but we have always carried her in a bag or similar with her head popping out. That seems to be acceptable.
Big dogs no.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Is that the walk to the cross ?
looks like it, was up there a week ago, reading all the "stickers" on the rocks/fence, couldnt believe my eyes when a neighbour's name and pic was up there.
EDIT...oh hang on, no dont think it is, too far out in the sea I think

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We walked up to the cross from Areana Blanca just about finished me off 🤣 my legs were stiff for two days but a fabulous view from up there.

looks like it, was up there a week ago, reading all the "stickers" on the rocks/fence, couldnt believe my eyes when a neighbour's name and pic was up there.
EDIT...oh hang on, no dont think it is, too far out in the sea I think
Last time we went, the amount of dog muck on the roads and pavements was shocking

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Heading back on 2nd November looking at apartments to purchase (fam holidays/investment) on Mar Menor or Hacienda Riquelme golf resort if anyone has any tips :)
meeting an agent on friday the 3rd, have the smart currency transfer set up and thats about it so far

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
HKF Against my better judgement, I've been talked into MHing in Spain over Christmas!!! I have no idea what to expect. I hate noise and love nature!!! I imagine (no doubt from TV programmes) lots of noisy, rowdy, drunken people, loud music everywhere and crowds everywhere. Will it be like that? Or is that a complete misconception? I have to say that, even if we can get there without a breakdown, I'm not overly looking forward to it!!

The only place you will find that is probably Benidorm as anywhere else christmas is normally Christmas eve , Noche bueno, , & three kings day , the 6th January. What you have as ' boxing day' will be a normal working day here in spain. Most celebration will be New years eve & that is only some fireworks usually.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
HKF Against my better judgement, I've been talked into MHing in Spain over Christmas!!! I have no idea what to expect. I hate noise and love nature!!! I imagine (no doubt from TV programmes) lots of noisy, rowdy, drunken people, loud music everywhere and crowds everywhere. Will it be like that? Or is that a complete misconception? I have to say that, even if we can get there without a breakdown, I'm not overly looking forward to it!!

The only place you will find that is probably Benidorm as anywhere else christmas is normally Christmas eve , Noche bueno, , & three kings day , the 6th January. What you have as ' boxing day' will be a normal working day here in spain. Most celebration will be New years eve & that is only some fireworks usually.
We found it nothing like that, just don’t go to the strip! Ok we came across across a few drunk scousers and maybe some loud Jocks in the cheap bars, but plenty of culture not far from the site🙂

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
1.50 € a pint 7€ fish and chips. Friday afternoon karaoke and 30 plus degrees in October . What's not to like?
Stockport
Whats not to like !!,
Ruddles £1.77 a pint (not shite lager), Cod and chips £4.99, every afternoon karaoke in the Chestergate pub
doesn't matter about the weather cos your in the pub all day:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That is true, but I am just speaking from my experience at the time🙂
indeed ..

but you said ..

"you will come across a few drunk scousers and maybe some loud Jocks in the cheap bars",

you are telling others what to expect in the future ..
you could have said, loud drunk people, that is acceptable...

stereotyping is never acceptable

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
indeed ..

but you said ..

"you will come across a few drunk scousers and maybe some loud Jocks in the cheap bars",

you are telling others what to expect in the future ..
you could have said, loud drunk people, that is acceptable...
I am only speaking from my own experiences 🙂
now edited as not to offend 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back