If you don’t like Benidorm? (2 Viewers)

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Went to Beni a few weeks ago with some lecturer colleagues from work, had a great time! Four days of entertainment and, well, drinking. Couldn’t spend more than 4 days there though! I was totally knackered when we got back!!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That's a no from us.. not our type of destination .. my vision of hell

It's a "Marmite" place..

benidorm GIF by vrt

Last edited:
OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Tonka towers is still there.. (y)
Spent many hours on the balcony watching the antics !!!

So did we in May !
C4D4F356-4DEC-4D13-B756-4EE6C4526397.jpeg
96D27022-07FF-449B-ADF9-50273394C734.jpeg D82E4798-8EC6-4A9E-8CF0-B7D949A8DF69.jpeg

BC78089D-6670-4504-913F-F5428F85F8A8.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
That's a no from us.. not our type of destination .. my vision of hell

It's a "Marmite" place..

benidorm GIF by vrt
Benidorm has changed dramatically over the years, the local authorities and police have changed the areas look and feel and it’s not like Blackpool anymore.

Great location, food is cheap as is the drink and worth every penny of a trip.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Benidorm has changed dramatically over the years, the local authorities and police have changed the areas look and feel and it’s not like Blackpool anymore.

That's right...and since they done the front up it's nice.
Pontiente beach today saturday morning 26 degrees..and not too busy at all. Even with the Spaniards from up north arriving.
Screenshot_20231007_122448_Gallery.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Im sure it has .. but since cheap drink (we don't drink) and food are not high on the list of tick boxes.. no attraction

not condemning, each to their own.. no right or wrong, it's just not out type of place to go.. just as many of the places we prefer would hold little attraction for others..

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
the streets were covered in dog mess ( I know that's lazy owners) and the manhole covers were surrounded by clearly used dried toilet paper that was not cleared in the time we stayed. Despite all the money tourists bring to the area the "council" didn't seem to be that bothered. But atmosphere great, beaches stunning just mind where you walk on the way back to your van.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
My idea of hell. Spain is bad enough, but Benidorm. No thanks.

Against my better judgement, I've been talked into MHing in Spain over Christmas!!! I have no idea what to expect. I hate noise and love nature!!! I imagine (no doubt from TV programmes) lots of noisy, rowdy, drunken people, loud music everywhere and crowds everywhere. Will it be like that? Or is that a complete misconception? I have to say that, even if we can get there without a breakdown, I'm not overly looking forward to it!!

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Against my better judgement, I've been talked into MHing in Spain over Christmas!!! I have no idea what to expect. I hate noise and love nature!!! I imagine (no doubt from TV programmes) lots of noisy, rowdy, drunken people, loud music everywhere and crowds everywhere. Will it be like that? Or is that a complete misconception? I have to say that, even if we can get there without a breakdown, I'm not overly looking forward to it!!

Spain or Benidorm?

There's rather a lot more to Spain than the tourist coasts.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Best stay at home then. (y)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I went for the first time a few years ago flew out could not justify taking van in December
Hotel on front and a hire car
Clean room stunning views
Long paddles on sea, brilliant drives out, bbb & em all under £300 . I paid the upgrade on the evening meal from memory about £25 for the duration so if I didn't eat out the option was there it could be lunch if you wanted a change.
Found a lovely locals bar which became my reading space.
Worst was £80 parking at airport

You never know you maybe surprised I was

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Oh, doh, of course!! I meant Benidorm :rolleyes: Mostly Benidorm, anyway. Our friends spend 3 to 4 months there every year and my hubby has decided we should try it!! :eek:

Oh dear, I feel for you 😂

We used to live not too far from Benidorm, in Villajoiosa, and there are lots of lovely, nature, places to go, although they may be more "touristy" now. Relleu, Sella, Guadalest, we're all nice places to visit 20 years ago.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
the streets were covered in dog mess ( I know that's lazy owners) and the manhole covers were surrounded by clearly used dried toilet paper that was not cleared in the time we stayed. Despite all the money tourists bring to the area the "council" didn't seem to be that bothered. But atmosphere great, beaches stunning just mind where you walk on the way back to your van.
How long ago was this. I only commented yesterday how spotless it was when a cleaner was cleaning and then just flicked his fag in the road lol.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
my vision of hell
It was mine too at one time Jim. Rita kept saying that she'd like to visit, so I relented, and paid a €60 deposit which gave us 3 x nights at Camping Villasol, then we'd be offski.
We ended up staying 5 x weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was the one who kept extending our stay not Rita, which was helped by the Funster crowd present in the area.

lots of noisy, rowdy, drunken people, loud music everywhere and crowds everywhere.
In all the years we have been going January to March/April time, that's not been our experience, though we do stay away from "The Strip" at night time.
St Patrick's Day whilst the 6 x Nations Rugby is on, is very busy and is a sea of green outside the Flash Hotel, but the atmosphere is great, and there is never any bother. (y)

Our friends spend 3 to 4 months there every year and my hubby has decided we should try it!! :eek:
I hope you enjoy it. (y)

We used to live not too far from Benidorm, in Villajoiosa, and there are lots of lovely, nature, places to go, although they may be more "touristy" now. Relleu, Sella, Guadalest, we're all nice places to visit 20 years ago.
HKF. And many places to visit are a cheap bus ride away. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Weathers isn't "tenerife" weather so not too many brit drunks..
There are some.lovely places but if folk only go down the strip and bars then they won't see better side.

You'll be fine. Watch YouTube there are plenty who do it.

• Thanks
Reactions: HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021

HKF. And many places to visit are a cheap bus ride away. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Ah, now that's a problem I do have. I would be quite happy to be able to escape when necessary by staying slightly outside but we have a small dog and I believe dogs are not allowed on buses in Spain :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back