Huawei ??? (4 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Lets see. Who do I trust most, the chaps down at the Chinkie Chew or Trumpy baby. I don't have a Huawei at the moment but I am now persuaded to get one.
(To anyone listening, I am very fond of Sweet and Sour Chicken)

Apr 7, 2013
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
VWT5
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've got a Huawei phone. I like it, not bothered about anybody collecting data etc. But I think the 5G situation is different. Would the Chinese be happy to give contracts to western companies to build their mobile phone system? I think not, nuff said.

Chris S-S

Free Member
Aug 15, 2016
Mobile
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
on and off 20 years
Have mifi and phones not changing them, panic started by the Yanks.
Have you not ever wondered why modern phones you can't remove the batteries?
The batteries are never 100% flat so you can always be tracked, we have been spyed on for years, but it's OK when it's not the Red Brigade!?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My Ipad and iphone are made next door to them, so they are probably the same as WEY WAY WAY OFF phones, who just sell more and not put money into the Apple type US coffers.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
My analysis of Brexit is that if we keep buying from China everything will be fine - or have I missed something . . . .

We could set our WTO tariffs to be low so it'll be a bit cheaper to import stuff. WTO rules mean when you set a tariff for a type of good, it has to be the same rate no matter where it came from, no favouritism. Which means there's not a lot of incentive for other countries to reciprocate. So other countries will keep their WTO tariffs higher, so the UK's exports will probably suffer. To alter that, we need trade deals.

Stirling dropping in value will have the opposite effect. Imports become expensive, but to the rest of the world we can manufacture stuff a bit cheaper. So it might level out a bit.

But then 3/4 of the UK's economy is in services, which isn't covered by WTO... so all bets are off.

Chris S-S

Free Member
Aug 15, 2016
Mobile
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
on and off 20 years
Huawei are looking to sue the Americans over this for possible loss of trade?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
That's right, and Auntie Diane says the other 3/4 is just "stuff" :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, like engineers, consultants, architects and non physical stuff. We are the world's experts... and it is what has kept the UK one of the greatest nations in the world. Because we weren't going to win the farming or mass production wars.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back