How Do You Keep Fit While Away? (Without a Bike)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2020
The words “An examples in my previous post are a hyperlink, not sure it came through ok as expected.

Reactions: HKF
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
At home, I have a mini gym; treadmill, rower, spinning bike, dumbells and slam balls. When we're away, it's difficult to keep my cardio and strength training going. So, how do you guys maintain your cardio and strength while away? I don't take a bike with me, so I'm looking at ways to keep fit while in the MH or a hotel room (without a fitness room). I'd like to be able to do a full body workout in a very small space. Is it achievable or am I searching for the Holy Grail? :unsure:
Do you remember those "Bullworkers" you used to be able to buy back in the '70s & 80's?
Can you still get them?
I used one back then following a shoulder injury and it worked very well in my recovery from that.

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Do you remember those "Bullworkers" you used to be able to buy back in the '70s & 80's?
Can you still get them?
I used one back then following a shoulder injury and it worked very well in my recovery from that.

Crikey, you mean the ones that ripped your nipples off? Or the ones that suddenly sprung open and upwards and knocked your teeth out?? Oh, 'ow it made oi larf :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::eek::eek::oops::oops:

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I578
Exp
since 2012
I use cycling and walking but as you say, not for you.
So, legs - simple squats, sit on a kitchen table type chair and stand up. Sets of 10 at a time. Or walk up and down steps/stairs. To engage more CV, climb faster.
Chest/shoulders/arms - press ups. If your not very good, start on your
knees. Sets of 10.
Core - sit-ups and plank, again, sets of 10.

Its very basic but will see you through, the easier they get, the more reps you do or the faster you go.

I'm in Spain at the moment and I use rubber bands, they're cheap on Amazon. There's loads of guides on YouTube.

Terry

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I use cycling and walking but as you say, not for you.
So, legs - simple squats, sit on a kitchen table type chair and stand up. Sets of 10 at a time. Or walk up and down steps/stairs. To engage more CV, climb faster.
Chest/shoulders/arms - press ups. If your not very good, start on your
knees. Sets of 10.
Core - sit-ups and plank, again, sets of 10.

Its very basic but will see you through, the easier they get, the more reps you do or the faster you go.

I'm in Spain at the moment and I use rubber bands, they're cheap on Amazon. There's loads of guides on YouTube.

Terry

Thank you :) To be fair, it's not stuff I don't know but sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees!! I just need pointers and then I'm ok. This has given me good ideas, even for doing things inside the MH where space is limited. Thank you :) x

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
That’s my advise , day or weekly passes are invariably available.

I'm often a long way from the nearest gym and often without transport if my husband has gone off with whatever vehicle we're in.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017. Before had caravan, folding camper and various tents.
Keeping fit while away isn’t rocket science. Just keep active with whatever suits you. Everyone is different.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I would try something different. Do the cardio when you can and do something else better suited to what you have around you, cardio is only part of what we really need to do.

I travel 2-3 days a week for work and most days i do yoga type routines for 15-20mins each morning, the app i use is called Dynamic Cyclist. It’s a paid app but very good. You just need a tablet and ideally some headphones and not even a yoga mat although it is nicer if the floor is laminate wood.

If i must do cardio when I’m away then i use my skipping rope, and there are plenty of good routines and apps for that as well. It’s surprising how much skipping takes out of you😱

PS: don’t laugh at the yoga, I’m a bald Mancunian and even I’ve got over my Rosemary Conley fears😂

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I aim for 3x 6-8km runs a week. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The rest days in between are important. After 10 minute warm-down exercises, I do 40 push-ups and a couple of core-strengthening exercises. Now it’s autumn, I no longer feel the need to go for my runs at sunrise so tend to go at 8:00 a.m. when finished, I love having the whole day still ahead.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I578
Exp
since 2012
Thank you :) To be fair, it's not stuff I don't know but sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees!! I just need pointers and then I'm ok. This has given me good ideas, even for doing things inside the MH where space is limited. Thank you :) x
Don't over-think it.
As my Sgt. Magor used to say.... KISS
Keep it simple stupid. 😉

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back