Rally Highlands End Campsite, Dorset & Jurassic Fields Festival July 2023 Meet (2 Viewers)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We return to this lovely 5* Dorset campsite https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/ in a scenic spot :inlove: overlooking the beaches of Eype & West Bay. Evenings in the beer garden & impromptu gatherings on pitches to watch the fabulous sunsets over the coast are normally part of this relaxed & friendly Meet.
Highlands End have kindly agreed a 10% early booking discount code for our Meet dates again (y) At checkout enter discount code RA in the Unique Code box & click on UPDATE for the discount to be applied to the Meet dates or call Highlands End Booking Office on 01308 426947 if any problems or queries. This time the main Meet will be arriving Monday 10 July & departing Friday 14 July as these are the quieter & slightly cheaper nights but you may like to extend your stay from 4 nights to a week (or any number of nights in between) so leaving Monday 17 July for a longer stay - the 10% discount will also apply to all these nights.
These extra nights coincide with the Jurassic Fields Festival https://www.facebook.com/jurassicfields again (14-16 July 2023) in nearby Bridport which some of us hope to attend. As well as weekend tickets, day tickets are normally on sale nearer to the the time if 3 nights at the Festival is too much!
This time, in addition to the choices of EHU pitches, there are also a limited number of grass pitches without EHU in the Little Shepherd's area which are near to the facilities but only for tents & VWs - see the latest map here https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/park-map/
Arrival time is 1pm for all campers in 2023.
Price for a grass pitch with EHU for the 4 weekday nights is from £104.94 after discount or from £130.14 for a gravel or hard base pitch. This rate is for up to 2 people, 1 unit, 1 car & awning or well pegged Quest shelter. Dogs come along at extra cost but most love the enclosed dog exercise field & doggy shower, Eype beach allows dogs as does part of West Bay beach at that time of year with both a walk away along the South West Coast Path.
Will add more detail when possible & regularly update this first post - booking is open now so please let us know you are joining us, giving your first names & maybe what type of pitch if you want fellow Funsters to say hello :hi: :hi:

1670354973595.png

Booked:
Wombles - Alan & Karen - gravel pitch Monday - Monday
Ejaydee - Eddy & Clare - gravel pitch Monday - Friday
Kannon Fodda - Rob - grass pitch Monday - following Tuesday
bigalw35 - Al & Marg - gravel pitch Sunday - Sunday
Dandm - Dave & Mandy - gravel pitch Sunday - Sunday
Nutrocker Pat & Helen of Troy - Pat & Helen - gravel pitch Sunday - Sunday
Cliffyboy - Cliff & Helen - grass pitch Monday - Friday
Dorwyn - Geoff & Carol - gravel pitch Monday - Friday
shunter - Nev & Sandra - gravel pitch
Riverbankannie - Annie & John - Sunday - Sunday
Mike Mcgarrit - Mike & Pat - Thursday - Thursday (arriving early & staying longer than Meet dates)
carolyn - Carolyn & Nick - gravel pitch Monday - Saturday
Steve and Soz - Steve & Suzanne - gravel pitch Tuesday - Friday
fordsabroad - Gordon - grass pitch Monday - Friday
MajesticBee - Pam & Danny - gravel pitch Monday - Friday
Gin Bopper - Jennie & Chris - gravel pitch Monday - Monday
Purple2 - Bob & Jan - grass pitch Monday - Friday
Wheelnut - gravel pitch Monday - Friday
tboy - Terry & Gill - gravel pitch Wednesday - Friday
Bolti - Barbara and Mick - grass pitch Tuesday - Friday

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We are booked but over the weekend Wednesday to the following Tuesday as the festival was over the weekend, so I thought

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are booked but over the weekend Wednesday to the following Tuesday as the festival was over the weekend, so I thought
Glad you will be there (y) The Festival is over the weekend but some have said they prefer the quieter weekdays & the pitch pricing is also now a little higher at weekends hence Monday - Friday for those who want a shorter stay at the best price there for that time of year & don't want to attend the Festival or Monday - Monday for those that also want to attend the Festival or have a longer stay. Doing dummy bookings online the discount code does allow for most options within this period so others may choose to arrive on Wednesday too - as it's a Meet it's flexible.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Sorry Karen, cannot make this one I'm afraid. Have a great time as I'm sure you will! :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Glad you will be there (y) The Festival is over the weekend but some have said they prefer the quieter weekdays & the pitch pricing is also now a little higher at weekends hence Monday - Friday for those who want a shorter stay at the best price there for that time of year & don't want to attend the Festival or Monday - Monday for those that also want to attend the Festival or have a longer stay. Doing dummy bookings online the discount code does allow for most options within this period so others may choose to arrive on Wednesday too - as it's a Meet it's flexible.
Might change our booking a bit then. Thanks for the information

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Probably not this time, but thanks for asking.👍

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
This has become quite a bit more expensive than last year as there is no more single person discount :( Inevitably site costs have also risen. Without the 10% rally discount it would have been too much despite the very nice site being my luxury trip of the year.

Booked grass from 10th to 18th.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Hi All :hi: know that many of you wanted to know as soon as this Meet for next year went live so thought alerting all noted as booked on the threads before should cover most that asked! Hope that some of you can join us again in sunny Dorset :sun:
Unfortunatley we have to attend a wedding on the Friday, so wont be able to attend the 2023 meet .

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Hi Karen & Alan, all booked, 9th-16th, gravel pitch + leccy, see you all there then.

I couldn't find anywhere on the site to add the discount code "RA" so I phoned them

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Sigma EK
Hi Karen & Alan, also booked gravel pitch Sunday to Sunday, look forward to seeing you all.
Helen & Nutrocker Pat

Mar 2, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Im a newbe
We return to this lovely 5* Dorset campsite https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/ in a scenic spot  overlooking the beaches of Eype & West Bay. Evenings in the beer garden & impromptu gatherings on pitches to watch the fabulous sunsets over the coast are normally part of this relaxed & friendly Meet.

Highlands End have kindly agreed a 10% early booking discount code for our Meet dates again  At checkout enter discount code RA in the Unique Code box & click on UPDATE for the discount to be applied to the Meet dates or call Highlands End Booking Office on 01308 426947 if any problems or queries. This time the main Meet will be arriving Monday 10 July & departing Friday 14 July as these are the quieter & slightly cheaper nights but you may like to extend your stay from 4 nights to a week (or any number of nights in between) so leaving Monday 17 July for a longer stay - the 10% discount will also apply to all these nights.

These extra nights coincide with the Jurassic Fields Festival https://www.facebook.com/jurassicfields again (14-16 July 2023) in nearby Bridport which some of us hope to attend. As well as weekend tickets, day tickets are normally on sale nearer to the the time if 3 nights at the Festival is too much!

This time, in addition to the choices of EHU pitches, there are also a limited number of grass pitches without EHU in the Little Shepherd's area which are near to the facilities but only for tents & VWs - see the latest map here https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/park-map/

Arrival time is 1pm for all campers in 2023.

Price for a grass pitch with EHU for the 4 weekday nights is from £104.94 after discount or from £130.14 for a gravel or hard base pitch. This rate is for up to 2 people, 1 unit, 1 car & awning or well pegged Quest shelter. Dogs come along at extra cost but most love the enclosed dog exercise field & doggy shower, Eype beach allows dogs as does part of West Bay beach at that time of year with both a walk away along the South West Coast Path.

Will add more detail when possible & regularly update this first post - booking is open now so please let us know you are joining us, giving your first names & maybe what type of pitch if you want fellow Funsters to say hello  

Booked:

Wombles - Alan & Karen - gravel pitch Monday - Monday

DuxDeluxe - David & Alison - gravel pitch Wednesday - Tuesday

Ejaydee - Eddy & Clare - gravel pitch Monday - Friday

Kannon Fodda - Rob - grass pitch Monday - following Tuesday

bigalw35 - Al & Marg - gravel pitch Sunday - Sunday

Nana - Toni & Mike - gravel pitch

Dandm - Dave & Mandy - gravel pitch Sunday-Sunday

Nutrocker Pat & Helen of Troy - Pat & Helen - gravel pitch Sunday-Sunday

Cliffyboy and Heather booked Monday 10th to Friday grass pitch with hook up.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
As much as I have always enjoyed this beautiful site I think a may give it a miss this year having made a life changing decision there last year I may book later 🤷‍♀️

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have a very good group now with some super, friendly Funsters! :hi5: Will add posts to hopefully tempt a few more to join us (all are welcome) to take advantage of the early booking discount for this lovely spot at such a great time of year :sun:

A reminder of one of the views from the campsite via the live webcam feed on the Eype side https://wdlh.co.uk/dorset-webcams/highlands-end-eype/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For keen walkers there's the West Dorset ‘Three Peaks’ challenge directly from the Campsite https://wdlh.co.uk/our-three-peaks-challenge/ - scale the great heights of 3 of Dorset’s most prominent landmarks – Thorncombe Beacon, Golden Cap and Colmer’s Hill all in one 9.3 mile walk.

DSC1181-1024x684.jpg

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I was mad enough to go up to the Beacon last year, and fortunately I picked a cloudier day. After that experience you would need the men in white coats if you tried that route of all three.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I was mad enough to go up to the Beacon last year, and fortunately I picked a cloudier day. After that experience you would need the men in white coats if you tried that route of all three.
and still came down with a redhead and I don't mean the shapely looks stunning type 🤕

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back