Guys and gals I need your input. (23 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If you lo e the van get it fixed you won't buy another for that price. Check the insurance may even pay for you to collect it.

Don't forget your travel insurance will Cover the loss of your holiday.

So you should get back ferry costs and any bookings.

Good luck keep calm
If Jim doesn't want to get involved, I can see no reason why he has to be as long as he doesn't mind the membership being involved?
All it needs is someone being Treasurer for a small fee.

I have travelled the world and been paid to do it because it was work. As I said earlier, if I was younger, travelling all over Europe with all reasonable expenses paid, sounds just the job for me but sadly, I'm too old BUT, if I was recently retired, it sounds a great way to meet thankful fellow Funsters and more of Europe. Just the job for someone like Northernraider perhaps? 😄
I'm lost

What you talking about?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That does sound very reasonable as I expect the out and return ferry fare will be quite a few quid.
Out of interest do any of our trucker posters know how much the ferry might be?
They'll do it as a back load. Basically the truck will already be in France delivering something else

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hmm, although it'd surely cause long delays waiting for sufficient (broken down ?) vehicles to make up an economical load both ways?

Yebbut, wouldn't the French truck also have the cost of going both ways?
When I moved house to Cologne 30 years ago the outward trip was about three times the cost of when I moved back to the U.K. four years later using the same firm. I was told that it was less expensive because many trucks would otherwise be coming back empty. 🤷‍♂️
Yes a FRENCH Truck would have the cost of going both ways BUT as it was part of a RETURN load on a BRITISH vehicle, just for costing purposes I thought I would look up the costlier single crossing? 🤔

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sorry Tam, I should not have highlighted you as I know you have enough on your hands at the moment but you came into my head as an ideal person for the job, a free spirit with common sense! 😄
What job ?

Sorry I've not read all the posts on this .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back