German emission zone, anyone applied recently? (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I’ve just done my French one no problem for the new van . V5 only arrived today. The German official website does not like my reg number. It wants foreign vehicles to “write a country code behind every registration number in parenthesis”. I have tried GB and UK , in brackets, with a big and a small dash and quote marks, also with and without a space. The last time I applied was was pre B…. Being confirmed , this little extra wasn’t requested then.

Anyone else done it recently please? Such a pain. Very keen to give them my €5.95

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
German Umwelt Low Emissions sticker:

Get it from Berlin city council here valid for all of Germany for the life of your windscreen.

I don't remember any issues, and it's cheaper to buy direct from the city than using the other methods.

It takes a week or two to arrive in the post.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
That is the site I’m using but it just won’t accept my reg no and the confusing bit about the country code. I’ve applied using this website a number of times.

Thanks anyway.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
That is the site I’m using but it just won’t accept my reg no and the confusing bit about the country code. I’ve applied using this website a number of times.

Thanks anyway.
Try leaving out the spaces ?

And remember the code for the UK is 'GB'
(It's only the UK that uses the UK definition, Most websites think UK is Ukraine)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Exp
German Umwelt Low Emissions sticker:

Get it from Berlin city council here valid for all of Germany for the life of your windscreen.

I don't remember any issues, and it's cheaper to buy direct from the city than using the other methods.

It takes a week or two to arrive in the post.
I applied on Saturday for my new PHEV Audi and " Umweltzone sticker arrived this morning , hows that for quick and effficent service .
The French "Crit Air" which I also applied for at the same time will no doubt take a bit longer

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I applied on Saturday for my new PHEV Audi and " Umweltzone sticker arrived this morning , hows that for quick and effficent service .
The French "Crit Air" which I also applied for at the same time will no doubt take a bit longer
Can you tell me exactly how you entered your reg with the country code and parenthesis bit please.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Can you tell me exactly how you entered your reg with the country code and parenthesis bit please.
Is the form actually preventing you from submitting, or is it just that the box remains red?
I've just gone through the form until the payment page (as we already have ours) and even though the reg number box stayed red, it still let me proceed.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Maybe VK, the German spelling of UK ....
The format of the text in the box didn't make any difference when I tried it - UK, GB, made no difference, the box remained highlighted in red but it didn't prevent submission. The foreign plate applications via the Berlin office all go to a human anyway (all the stickers we've had from them have been handwritten), so there's probably no need for any input validation in that box.

May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
The format of the text in the box didn't make any difference when I tried it - UK, GB, made no difference, the box remained highlighted in red but it didn't prevent submission. The foreign plate applications via the Berlin office all go to a human anyway (all the stickers we've had from them have been handwritten), so there's probably no need for any input validation in that box.
(y)

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Well I thought I’d got there at last but despite using a few different browsers as soon as I press pay I get this! I think I will just go to a garage or try again after daughter’s wedding on Saturday! Thankyou everyone.
IMG_1203.jpeg

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I applied in April, and can’t recall any problems - although obviously they could have changed the form since then?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I’ve just done my French one no problem for the new van . V5 only arrived today. The German official website does not like my reg number. It wants foreign vehicles to “write a country code behind every registration number in parenthesis”. I have tried GB and UK , in brackets, with a big and a small dash and quote marks, also with and without a space. The last time I applied was was pre B…. Being confirmed , this little extra wasn’t requested then.

Anyone else done it recently please? Such a pain. Very keen to give them my €5.95
Use Berlin.de website did mine last month no problem

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
The problem may be the method of payment.
What are you using to pay for it ?

Remember a number of UK cards are not Bank cards, so are less likely to work.
Monzo, Caxton are two of many, and Revolut now has UK Bank approval but not EU yet.

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Summit Prime 640
Exp
Since 2014
I don't recall having any problems using the Berlin site in May. We'd only just received the V5. I do remember the brackets bit but took a bit of figuring out, but worked eventually.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The problem may be the method of payment.
What are you using to pay for it ?

Remember a number of UK cards are not Bank cards, so are less likely to work.
Monzo, Caxton are two of many, and Revolut now has UK Bank approval but not EU yet.
This comes up as soon as I press pay, before I get the chance to enter any payment details. I have agreed to the Ts&cs, it says it has to be a Mastercard or Visa. Press pay and the screen I have photographed comes up. At least I’ve got further. I don’t normally have trouble spending money! I have appropriate cards like Santander Zero at the ready.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Well I thought I’d got there at last but despite using a few different browsers as soon as I press pay I get this! I think I will just go to a garage or try again after daughter’s wedding on Saturday! Thankyou everyone.View attachment 933318
Looking at that error message, I'd say the problem is on their end not yours. Leave it for a few days and try again later.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
It’s a well known fact no one can understand anything a doctor writes 😉😉😂
One of my sons worked at my surgery during his gap year and during his Uni hols. This was in the days of visit books. I was telling him off because I couldn’t read what he’d written. I then got told off by the receptionists because his writing was just like mine! I had been oblivious to this.

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Have you tried a different web browser? Sometimes sites react badly to … e.g. Firefox. Try MS Edge or Chrome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back