German emission zone, anyone applied recently? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
carolyn Did you manage to sort? I am getting the same error
No I’ve kept trying over the weekend on android as well as our Mac and Apple devices but same error. The weird API one which I’ve never seen before. The fact you’re getting it makes me more hopeful it’s an error at their end and maybe it maybe sorted soon. We’re off in 2 weeks mind .

Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
No I’ve kept trying over the weekend on android as well as our Mac and Apple devices but same error. The weird API one which I’ve never seen before. The fact you’re getting it makes me more hopeful it’s an error at their end and maybe it maybe sorted soon. We’re off in 2 weeks mind .
Us too, but Netherlands first week...

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
Just go into any main car dealers with your v5 and they will issue one for you or you can go into any tuv testing station
I tried that and they couldn’t cope with the fact that my V5 did not list the emissions. I had to do it online - my only problem there was getting the image of the V5 below their file size limit. I did manage - but no problem as mentioned by the OP

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
I’ve just done my French one no problem for the new van . V5 only arrived today. The German official website does not like my reg number. It wants foreign vehicles to “write a country code behind every registration number in parenthesis”. I have tried GB and UK , in brackets, with a big and a small dash and quote marks, also with and without a space. The last time I applied was was pre B…. Being confirmed , this little extra wasn’t requested then.

Anyone else done it recently please? Such a pain. Very keen to give them my €5.95
The screen message you posted looks more like a problem their end - hope it gets sorted soon for you. The problem I had was getting the file size of my V5 scan down below their acceptable limit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Caroline would have no problem as her van is new and obviously a euro 6

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The screen message you posted looks more like a problem their end - hope it gets sorted soon for you. The problem I had was getting the file size of my V5 scan down below their acceptable limit
That’s what we’re hoping and also that it gets sorted quickly as we’re leaving in 2 weeks. We know there are other places we can collect one in Germany but we’re joining the beginning of a tour so timing isn’t ideal.

We couldn’t order it before as we didn’t have the V5 , we only collected the van on the 1st. I started trying to get the emission zone sticker the day the V5c arrived.

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I now have emission zone stickers ordered for France and Germany plus online ones for Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, and Austria! I then have to remember to do another one for Hungary which I’ve diarised for the return! My ancient printer has been busy as I thought I’d print out copies as well for a bit of backup. Think I’ve done the dates right toughly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back