LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
So I should sit in the dark with no internet for a year? Who mentioned space heating. What is it..?
I’m not being rude but have you read my input and what I was looking for answers to? People seem to be inventing answers to questions they want to answer
I’m not in a great rush to buy a gennie, I want my MH to be a home from home when we get it and am looking for the best solution to answers to questions which don’t exist yet
So many folk have suggested Honda silent gennies there must be a need to supplement power somewhere somehow.
The best solution as mentioned above would be solar panel 2 or 3 good batteries and MMPT dual controller or even Lion ones if funds can stretch that far, add an inverter and bobs your uncle, cleaner, no noise, little or no environment impact and you wont be a pariah on a site. And as others have said get the MH first and see how you get on but get a SP whatever to keep habitation and engine batteties topped up.

PS Space heating is your habitation heater which will likely be a Truma or Alde and will work off 240v or gas, so on site without hook up use gas.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
"Gennys" will always be contentious,:( I have one(y) The 2200 Clarke in fact. I elected to come away without it, and have survived almost 10 days, two batteries an 200W of solar, BUT it is mid June, 14hours of useful daylight. And used one 6kg gas bottle, however, today, it is hissing down dull and with my batteries at 11.8V, I could use it?, And where is it? 235+mile away in Yorkshire!.:cry:

When we do have it, it`s use is normally confined to charging mobility equipment, Medical equipment, (hence the need for "clean" output). All Our R-V`s had gennys, useful for many reasons not the least the fact that standard American Charge units are so inefficient! and the T-V was 240V and power hungry!. besides the Toaster was 240V too!.:). The average Grass cutter is far noisier. And we get that every Sunday!.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Here is a link to the one in question showing it running, Probably someone else has done this but I can't be bothered to read all 8 pages LOL

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I thought I might need a generator. Lugged it around for two years, never needed it so got rid of it.
Both swmbo and I use a hairdryer daily and solar is sufficient (400w)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Also picking up your idea of carrying it on the tow bar or rear rack. Bear in mind they are highly nickable and this is not a good place to carry heavy items because of the magnified effect ln rear axle loading.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back