stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
We had our second visa application interview last week. I printed off exactly the same documents as last year in relation to the plan and copies of all the documents along with photographs of the Motorhome and our intended journey route. I included updated investments, bank statements etc so was completely shocked to find we were both rejected. Of course you don’t find out until you collect your passport and you get a dreaded letter enclosed. The reason for rejection was, “ The information provided to justify the purpose and conditions of the planned stay is incomplete or unreliable” that doesn’t tell us much. So we have no idea if we should reapply but what do we change! There is no way of finding out and only option is an appeal. I’m tempted to reapply but that won’t help our crossing on the 30th October to Spain for 90 days then the plan was up to France, but guess that won’t be happening 😩

Any advice from anyone?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
We had our second visa application interview last week. I printed off exactly the same documents as last year in relation to the plan and copies of all the documents along with photographs of the Motorhome and our intended journey route. I included updated investments, bank statements etc so was completely shocked to find we were both rejected. Of course you don’t find out until you collect your passport and you get a dreaded letter enclosed. The reason for rejection was, “ The information provided to justify the purpose and conditions of the planned stay is incomplete or unreliable” that doesn’t tell us much. So we have no idea if we should reapply but what do we change! There is no way of finding out and only option is an appeal. I’m tempted to reapply but that won’t help our crossing on the 30th October to Spain for 90 days then the plan was up to France, but guess that won’t be happening 😩

Any advice from anyone?
I don't see why you would't appeal. I'm sure someone would be able to tell you just might take a bit of digging

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO 64L
Exp
Since 2012
If you put the exact same route in as last year could they have looked at that and thought you were just going through the motions to get a visa.
Its the only thing i thought of after reading your post.
Just an opinion of course as you probably won't get the answer of them.
Good luck with your appeal ( i would,worth a go) or your second try.

Cheers Cris 🍻 .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
Makes you wonder if part of the reason for rejection is having had one last year.
Folks on here have done this at least twice without bother.AFAIK as long as there is a 180 day gap between trips there is no restriction on further trips.

AGT

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since 2021
I am really sorry to hear that.

Did you file a plan of your trip which included an initial crossing to Spain, spending 90 days in Spain and then moving onto France? That would mean 90 days or less in France and therefore possibly no reason for the French to grant a TLS visa.

You could try refiling with a France only plan for your trip. I appreciate that you wouldn’t get your passports back in time for your sailing at the end of this month. How long is the wait for a new appointment?

It might be worth engaging one of the agencies which help with visa applications to see whether they can spot the problem with your application and/or advise you on an appeal.

We had visas in 2023 and again this year with seven months between our 2023 end date and 2024 start date. We are planning to apply again in 2025.

I also wonder whether M Barnier the new prime minister might have instructed a clamp down on visas to keep certain members of his sort of coalition government happy. He previously campaigned with an anti immigration focus.

Watching with interest and concern!

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
The dates were all correct in relation to the 90 days before travel and 180 days between the previous visa expiring and the requested new one, so that wasn’t the issue. The plan was very detailed and included was a booking for us to travel via ferry from Dover to Calais and a booking for the first night on the Calais Aire. I included pictures of the Motorhome to show suitability of accommodation, a map of our “plan” (same as last year) Motorhome V5, insurance for Motorhome, marriage certificate, GHIC card, and loads of financial information, statement I would not work.
We are not appealing, as the appeal needs to be sent by post and in French and can take up to 3 months. We cannot make another application as TLScontact sees our passport numbers as already being used in an application, assume that shall reset soon. Given we had ferry to Spain booked for 30th October we don’t have time, the plan was to have 90 days in Spain, return to UK for graduation ceremony in January then back to France using the Visa. So peeved off today I have cancelled the ferry to Spain for the 30th October it was a flexi crossing so only cost 25% of the fare to cancel. I have booked flights to Thailand for the 19th November returning 11th February, we can then head to France or Spain for our Schengen 90 days. No visa required for 60 days then a 30 day extension whilst in Thailand, so no visa issues.
What carry on, now the search for Thai accommodation.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

Any advice from anyone?
I think Al n Val had the same results🤷‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Yes we were refused this time, same as the OP, unreliable information with no chance of appeal

They have my £340 and that’s it

Our friends did exactly the same and got theirs for the 2nd year

Other friends got theirs 4 years on the trot

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Globecar Globescout
Yes we were refused this time, same as the OP, unreliable information with no chance of appeal

They have my £340 and that’s it

Our friends did exactly the same and got theirs for the 2nd year

Other friends got theirs 4 years on the trot
Really sorry to hear that. It doesn't sound as though the process is being applied consistently.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
This is very sad. We will be applying end of March next year for our first 6 month french visa, let's see what happens.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Are these rejections originating from the same office...also is there a possibility that the Visa offices are noticing a great rise in applications from the Motorhoming community...?

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

This includes all the countries who's citizens need to apply for a 90 day Schengen visa. The UK isn't one of those countries.

The French long stay visa is something different.

Likes collected
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
The dates were all correct in relation to the 90 days before travel and 180 days between the previous visa expiring and the requested new one, so that wasn’t the issue. The plan was very detailed and included was a booking for us to travel via ferry from Dover to Calais and a booking for the first night on the Calais Aire. I included pictures of the Motorhome to show suitability of accommodation, a map of our “plan” (same as last year) Motorhome V5, insurance for Motorhome, marriage certificate, GHIC card, and loads of financial information, statement I would not work.
We are not appealing, as the appeal needs to be sent by post and in French and can take up to 3 months. We cannot make another application as TLScontact sees our passport numbers as already being used in an application, assume that shall reset soon. Given we had ferry to Spain booked for 30th October we don’t have time, the plan was to have 90 days in Spain, return to UK for graduation ceremony in January then back to France using the Visa. So peeved off today I have cancelled the ferry to Spain for the 30th October it was a flexi crossing so only cost 25% of the fare to cancel. I have booked flights to Thailand for the 19th November returning 11th February, we can then head to France or Spain for our Schengen 90 days. No visa required for 60 days then a 30 day extension whilst in Thailand, so no visa issues.
What carry on, now the search for Thai accommodation.
Enjoy Thailand

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
This includes all the countries who's citizens need to apply for a 90 day Schengen visa. The UK isn't one of those countries.

The French long stay visa is something different.

Yes I realised that… it just shows that France with all visas seems to be ‘top of the charts’ for rejections! 😢 cultural red tape and bureaucracy maybe! 🤣🤪

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Although it hasnt directly stopped us doing anything yet, the net effect has been to encourage us to explore more non Schengen destinations. Its no bad thing really because there is a lot out there. We re flying to Turkey for a couple of weeks because we re fed up of the weather here but seriously considering doing more there in MH and might finally make it to Australia next year although will be renting there.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I’m sorry to learn of people being rejected. Without being presumptuous, you clearly have the funds to be able to do so

It’s crazy considering the revenue they will lose.

I dont understand it.

Spain allow the Chinese in. Huge tax incentives for them. We went to a restaurant in javea a couple of weeks ago and Many of the Chinese staff couldn’t speak Spanish or English !.

If Spain, as an example can allow the Chinese influx, why not offer at least a simple 6 month tourist visa.

Then there are all the Schengen citizens who clearly break all the residency rules. Staying in other countries longer than allowed and not declaring residency and paying tax (just like us brits used to).

All a load of bill-hoox.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yes I realised that… it just shows that France with all visas seems to be ‘top of the charts’ for rejections! 😢 cultural red tape and bureaucracy maybe! 🤣🤪
I'm amazed the French arent demonstrating yet! They were frightened into voting hard left to keep out the "Far right" and somehow ended up with Macron and Barnier who are both keen on making them pay more taxes, work longer and retire later. I see trouble ahead.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I'm amazed the French arent demonstrating yet! They were frightened into voting hard left to keep out the "Far right" and somehow ended up with Macron and Barnier who are both keen on making them pay more taxes, work longer and retire later. I see trouble ahead.
Is there a song in there somewhere!?🧐

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back