French Crit 'air sticker application (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I've tried completing the online application, although I don't have a CO2 figure available to fill in on the form. I've uploaded the Logbook PDF, apparently successfully but when it comes to validating myself by the Captcha box nothing seems to happen.

Has anyone had any issues with the website https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/certificat/demande/ext/vehicules ? I'm almost at the point of using one of those third party websites. When I did my previous motorhome three years ago it was "un morceau de gateaux"

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh well - I discovered my version of Safari is not accepted by Crit-Air which only recognises builds above 14.xx. Firefox, on the other hand, works a treat. My problem now is to get the image of the V5 that they want to down below the 2mb limit. Technology is a wunnerful thang . . . . .
Once you've taken them you need to resize them so they are below 666kb each (ie 3 pages) then go to the following site and convert them to a pdf and upload that.

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Once you've taken them you need to resize them so they are below 666kb each (ie 3 pages) then go to the following site and convert them to a pdf and upload that.

Thanks for that - so are you saying they want the whole thing? I was working on the basis that the only page that means anything in this context is the second page with the vehicle details - the rest is pretty meaningless.

Having wasted a good few minutes I did the sensible thing and scanned it. Quite why I didn't do that first instead of trying to use variously - my compact camera on minimum resolution and then my mobile phone camera to capture the image, file compression to shrink it and saving in Word or PDF I don't know, but it was fun trying to make the simple complicated. . . . .

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks for that - so are you saying they want the whole thing? I was working on the basis that the only page that means anything in this context is the second page with the vehicle details - the rest is pretty meaningless.
It asked for the document so I did pages 1, 2 and 3, turned them into a pdf and uploaded that, it also means that I have it ready if I need to get any other emissions stickers for other countries in the future .

Having wasted a good few minutes I did the sensible thing and scanned it. Quite why I didn't do that first instead of trying to use variously - my compact camera on minimum resolution and then my mobile phone camera to capture the image, file compression to shrink it and saving in Word or PDF I don't know, but it was fun trying to make the simple complicated. . . . .
You related to my hubby by any chance? :LOL:

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
It asked for the document so I did pages 1, 2 and 3, turned them into a pdf and uploaded that, it also means that I have it ready if I need to get any other emissions stickers for other countries in the future .

Well, I sent off the application with just the one page and it has been acknowledged and a small fortune in €s (€4.51 to be precise) has been accepted so 🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Bloomin' French. What are they like. I apply for the Crit-Air on line on Tuesday evening, have my application acknowledged the next morning and receive this today:

"Madame, Monsieur,
Nous vous prions de bien vouloir trouver en pièce jointe votre facture relative à votre commande de certificat de qualité de l’air concernant le véhicule immatriculé YX58HDV.
Votre certificat sera expédié prochainement par courrier à l’adresse de livraison indiquée lors de la commande.
Dans l’attente, cette facture vous permet de justifier de votre démarche et du classement de votre véhicule.
Veuillez agréer, Madame, Monsieur, nos salutations distinguées.

Le service de délivrance des certificats de qualité de l’air"

I mean, what are they on? One day turnaround but they can't even get the language right :giggle: (actually I can translate it and basically it says here's proof of you application, your sticker's on it's way and in the meantime here is a receipt that will cover you if anyone asks).

Oh, and it does seem like you only need to send the second page of the V5 - the one with all the details of year of registration, make of vehicle etc. In my case there was no info in the emissions boxes or in the Euro standard box but that doesn't seem to matter, they knew straightaway it is Euro 4 (as they did in the garage in Aaschen I bought the German version in).

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

They only ever needed page 2 of the V5C as that is the operative page. That is all I sent on my previous and present applications. I just scanned the page using my printer/scanner on normal settings and it was still well below the 2Mb limit.

I hate to say it, but I have been impressed as to how well the French Crit Air application and system works. Just imagine how bloody awful it would be if the DVLA were running it :eek::eek:

Upvote 1

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I hate to say it, but I have been impressed as to how well the French Crit Air application and system works. Just imagine how bloody awful it would be if the DVLA were running it :eek:
Please Peter too early in the day for thoughts like that.:eek:

A couple of times I've applied for the French & German one at the same time, the French one is always the first to arrive.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Bloomin' French. What are they like. I apply for the Crit-Air on line on Tuesday evening, have my application acknowledged the next morning and receive this today:

"Madame, Monsieur,
Nous vous prions de bien vouloir trouver en pièce jointe votre facture relative à votre commande de certificat de qualité de l’air concernant le véhicule immatriculé YX58HDV.
Votre certificat sera expédié prochainement par courrier à l’adresse de livraison indiquée lors de la commande.
Dans l’attente, cette facture vous permet de justifier de votre démarche et du classement de votre véhicule.
Veuillez agréer, Madame, Monsieur, nos salutations distinguées.

Le service de délivrance des certificats de qualité de l’air"

I mean, what are they on? One day turnaround but they can't even get the language right :giggle: (actually I can translate it and basically it says here's proof of you application, your sticker's on it's way and in the meantime here is a receipt that will cover you if anyone asks).

Oh, and it does seem like you only need to send the second page of the V5 - the one with all the details of year of registration, make of vehicle etc. In my case there was no info in the emissions boxes or in the Euro standard box but that doesn't seem to matter, they knew straightaway it is Euro 4 (as they did in the garage in Aaschen I bought the German version in).

I received the same acknowledgement. Like you, there was no entry on my V5 so, did we not enter it but, on the application form, did we not enter our engine/chassis number? I presumed that was were they deduced the Co2 reading from?? :unsure:

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
I received the same acknowledgement. Like you, there was no entry on my V5 so, did we not enter it but, on the application form, did we not enter our engine/chassis number? I presumed that was were they deduced the Co2 reading from?? :unsure:
I guess so. It was not a bother to me but I have noticed others appearing a little concerned that they didn't have all the info.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I guess so. It was not a bother to me but I have noticed others appearing a little concerned that they didn't have all the info.

Just remember, don't throw the acknowledgement away because, what my poor French reads, it is our temporary sticker and, so far, I haven't received my windscreen one.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cyberyacht
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
My German one arrived a couple of minutes ago with Teutonic efficiency. The French application was submitted a day later due to my initial problems. Watch this space to see when that one turns up.

I think I may, as suggested up thread, put them on a separate bit of clear plastic.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've tried completing the online application, although I don't have a CO2 figure available to fill in on the form. I've uploaded the Logbook PDF, apparently successfully but when it comes to validating myself by the Captcha box nothing seems to happen.

Has anyone had any issues with the website https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/certificat/demande/ext/vehicules ? I'm almost at the point of using one of those third party websites. When I did my previous motorhome three years ago it was "un morceau de gateaux"
You ha
I've just done mine ... took ages! It did NOT like the jpg images despite them being less than the required size combined*, in the end I converted them to a pdf (after resizing the images to be sure it would be okay) then uploaded that, once that was sorted I clicked on continue and then got the 'capcha' images for traffic lights.

*Until it was happy with the images all I got was a red message where they needed to be uploaded to, but as soon as I did them as a pdf it was okay so it could be the images which are upsetting it, until you get the red message to disappear even though it will allow you to press the 'continue' button you won't get the capcha if the uploaded docs aren't right
I've just done mine ... took ages! It did NOT like the jpg images despite them being less than the required size combined*, in the end I converted them to a pdf (after resizing the images to be sure it would be okay) then uploaded that, once that was sorted I clicked on continue and then got the 'capcha' images for traffic lights.

*Until it was happy with the images all I got was a red message where they needed to be uploaded to, but as soon as I did them as a pdf it was okay so it could be the images which are upsetting it, until you get the red message to disappear even though it will allow you to press the 'continue' button you won't get the capcha if the uploaded docs aren't right.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie

*Until it was happy with the images all I got was a red message where they needed to be uploaded to, but as soon as I did them as a pdf it was okay so it could be the images which are upsetting it, until you get the red message to disappear even though it will allow you to press the 'continue' button you won't get the capcha if the uploaded docs aren't right.
You have to get the v5 upload down 500 kb or something I scanned half the v5 changed it black and white compressed it and eventually excepted it. The German one is well easy though

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Having tried to beat the 2mb limit in various increasingly complicated ways I settled for simply scanning the vehicle details page and saving it as .pdf. The saved page was 1.09mb and accepted without problem by the Crit-Air people and the on line form was simplicity itself to complete.

Upvote 1
Jul 24, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Benimar coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2018
That reminds me…….applied for mine 2 weeks ago and still hasn’t arrived. My V5C didn’t give a CO2 figure either, but at least I have an email receipt showing my classification if the plods stop me.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
I completed my application on Sunday evening and got confirmation and copy of certificate by email Monday with the same letter saying original in post. It does say that you can use the email certificate until your original one arrives. When it came to uploading the log book it says it needs proof of the chassis number and reg number so I sent only page 2. I used my phone to take a photo then sent it to my PC. The phone automatically asks what size you want (at least my phone did) You could do it all from your phone if needed.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I completed my application on Sunday evening and got confirmation and copy of certificate by email Monday with the same letter saying original in post. It does say that you can use the email certificate until your original one arrives. When it came to uploading the log book it says it needs proof of the chassis number and reg number so I sent only page 2. I used my phone to take a photo then sent it to my PC. The phone automatically asks what size you want (at least my phone did) You could do it all from your phone if needed.
Ditto, I have a Samsung. I also " cropped" the photo slightly I the standard edit suite to make sure. Page 2 should be all that's required.
Mike.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I applied for Crit'Air on Sat 21/01/2022

Received notification of despatch on Mon 24/01/2022

It arrived today Wed 09/02/2022

About normal for delivery of in'tl post in Poland - bit slow this end.

Geoff
Oh come come now, I've seen some of your post and they seem quite knowledgeable to me, ;)
:giggle:
Mike.

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
And finally (from me at least on this thread) - sticker arrived in this morning's post having been posted (if the date on the accompanying letter is anything to go by) the day after my application went in. It's taken a few days to get across the channel and make its way through the labyrinth of the Post Office but here it is a little over a week from application to delivery.

Unlike some suggestions above I will be sticking it to the windscreen - I am not sure how hot the French are on this but I do know that the Germans and the Swiss are very particular about where the stickers go and how they are affixed so taking no chances with this one.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Ive got mine. Arrived quite quickly, only sent one page of the v5 and slightly reduced it. The limit the first time I applied when they first came out was something ridiculous like 150Kb which you could hardly read, at 2Mb its a doddle.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ours arrived today. :giggle:

Upvote 0

Bruchel

Free Member
Jul 29, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590 RS
Exp
Newbies
I've read the whole thread top to bottom, and can't find out what I should be putting in the 'Vehicle Category' box (seems to me it would fall under M2 according to this page... https://www.eafo.eu/knowledge-center/european-vehicle-categories ) or the 'Serial Number' (??) and the 'CO2' box as that is blank on my V5. It also wants 'Commercial Description' which I assume is 'motor caravan'?

For info, it's a 2002 Ducato 2.8JTD. Registered as a Motor Caravan and Private/Light Goods. Pretty sure it's Euro 3 (so not likely we're going anywhere near Paris etc!)

Any ideas what I should be putting?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back