For the love of dogs, Alison Hammond? (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
Watched a short bit of the first one. They could have at least got someone that owns a dog and who looks comfortable with dogs. She doesn't look like it's anything other than another job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
I think Michael Ball would have been a better replacement. A true dog owner/lover who is a softie as well.
Alas, I think it's all about "diversity" and if it wasn't someone like Hammond it would probably be some white, trans, vegan that got the gig. Nothing to do with suitability.
It should be all about the dogs and highlighting their plight.

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
No, it's not the same without Paul's genuine charm and care oozing from every pore, however, the programme is about Battersea and the many dogs looking for a forever home and from several other rescue centres, by watching it and keeping up viewers it ensures the animals can have their say. That gorgeous face on my avatar had to be put to sleep on Friday, it breaks your heart to lose a special friend, RiP Rosie.:heartbreak:

Oct 29, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
Paul O'Grady was unique, glorious one-off, and I don't think there is anyone who could follow him on any programme. When he cuddled a lonely dog who needed some comfort you KNEW he meant it.

Ms Hammond is far too ebullient* and enthusiastic for my taste, and I cannot watch her - everything she does seems to be about HER reaction to it all, she's even ruined Bake Off.

(* my spell check wants to change that to embalmment :ROFLMAO: 😧 :ROFLMAO: )
* i dont even know what it means 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
No, it's not the same without Paul's genuine charm and care oozing from every pore, however, the programme is about Battersea and the many dogs looking for a forever home and from several other rescue centres, by watching it and keeping up viewers it ensures the animals can have their say. That gorgeous face on my avatar had to be put to sleep on Friday, it breaks your heart to lose a special friend, RiP Rosie.:heartbreak:
I am so sorry for your loss.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back