Folding Solar for another Funster (1 Viewer)

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
I've just been asked by another Funster which Folding panel I would recommend, having read through the existing Folding Panel Thread, this one seems to be reasonably priced with everything included to get them going. Can anyone recommend any other "kits".

They only need it as a stop gap as they will be replacing the van soon.

Cheers
Red.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Does it actually include the solar controller? Can't see it does from the description which is referring to its connnectability to various things. Reviews refer to attaching to the portable power pack things that usually have an embedded controller.

You'd still need wiring stuff to attach it to the motorhome leisure battery. And the controller else voltage from the panel is too much for the battery.

OP
OP
RedFrame

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Does it actually include the solar controller? Can't see it does from the description which is referring to its connnectability to various things. Reviews refer to attaching to the portable power pack things that usually have an embedded controller.

You'd still need wiring stuff to attach it to the motorhome leisure battery. And the controller else voltage from the panel is too much for the battery.

I was concerned about that, but the second review mentions the controller and it is shown in the photo attached to the review.

Cheers
Red.

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Seems to show a pwm solar controller,along with a lead for controller to croc clips ,but just to be certain I would email seller and ask "can it be connected directly to a 12v battery ,is that what the lead with crocodile clips is for ?

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Just had another look at photos definitely shows connection straight to battery.
A very good price for a complete kit,and nice stands

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 27, 2021
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Twelve months and still learning.
We bought the 160w version last year. Binned the cheap PWM controller and use it through a Victron mppt. Seems to work absolutely fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back