Fiat Ducato DAB radio signal problems .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Hello All
Can anyone advise me please . I understand the DAB Ariel on a series 7 Fiat Ducato is in the drivers door mirror .
Has anyone had issues with poor DAB radio signals . One minute mine works fine and then the next it goes off or sounds like Micky Mouse . My stereo unit is an Xzent ( which I know are not the best ) so wondering if it’s the radio or the Ariel ?. I am just about to upgrade the Xzent to the Kenwood Motorhome specific with a floating screen . I am just wondering should I replace the Ariel or is it the Azent which is the issue . Any advice appreciated .

OP
OP
J
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
Hello All
Can anyone advise me please . I understand the DAB Ariel on a series 7 Fiat Ducato is in the drivers door mirror .
Has anyone had issues with poor DAB radio signals . One minute mine works fine and then the next it goes off or sounds like Micky Mouse . My stereo unit is an Xzent ( which I know are not the best ) so wondering if it’s the radio or the Ariel ?. I am just about to upgrade the Xzent to the Kenwood Motorhome specific with a floating screen . I am just wondering should I replace the Ariel or is it the Azent which is the issue . Any advice appreciated .
Hi Guys
Just an update … I have had a Kenwood DNR 992 RVS head unit fitted. I have also had a screen mounted DAB Ariel fitted . No signal issues at all now and the Kenwood unit is so much better than the Xzent.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
Hi Guys
Just an update … I have had a Kenwood DNR 992 RVS head unit fitted. I have also had a screen mounted DAB Ariel fitted . No signal issues at all now and the Kenwood unit is so much better than the Xzent.
How are you finding the Kenwood radio, I've a pioneer and its poor and was thinking about swapping it for the Kenwood you've fitted?

Upvote 0

TC3

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carado CV540 Pro
My 6 month old Ducato van has real good DAB reception. Have mirror covers on too, original DAB aerial and Alpine Halo 11 unit.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
How are you finding the Kenwood radio, I've a pioneer and its poor and was thinking about swapping it for the Kenwood you've fitted?
No other words to say other than Fantastic . I had the upgrade Eaton speakers fitted as well but the Kenwood get a big thumbs up from me . Indecently today I just looked at a 200k Carthago and the sound system was not a patch on the Kenwood I have purchased .
I am very pleased . If you look on line you can buy DNR 992RVS for around £1250 . I had mine profesionally fitted which cost around £200. One tip , if you have mirror covers fit a stick on window DAB Ariel . Very cheap , discrete and performs really well. 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
DAB reception in most vehicles is s****
Audis are renown for it, even in our 2017 fiesta it can be patchy
It's not the future of radio that they promised 🤷‍♂️

DAB Radio is generally poor in most vehicles, it hasn’t got any better from when it was installed all those years ago and that’s why we still have FM.
Personally, I find DAB very frustrating and have virtually given up on it.

It’s a bit like mobile phone signals. How often does a phone signal cut out when on a call and then we ring back and spend the next 2 minutes discussing what happened then (if Peter Kay said this everyone would be on the floor in bulk). We have so much going on over the airwaves both DAB and mobile phone signals struggle to cope.

It’s NOT just a Fiat problem.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back