Falken Euroall Season Van11 tyres (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Read quite a few posts about people seriously considering these. If anyone could give me some feedback on what they think of them I'd be most grateful. I'm reluctant to go down the Michelin route having read more negative views than positive, I guess other option might be the Continental Van Contact 4Season.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I'm looking for a new set of tyres for a 2018 (Dec) Adria on a Fiat Ducato chassis running pretty close to 3500kg with rear air one of my next jobs. Looks like the Falkens are very popular and to be honest I haven't got a clue on what I should buy !! Tyres for the MH are pretty much a venture into the unknown ...

Upvote 0
Jul 15, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Feb 2023
I'm looking for a new set of tyres for a 2018 (Dec) Adria on a Fiat Ducato chassis running pretty close to 3500kg with rear air one of my next jobs. Looks like the Falkens are very popular and to be honest I haven't got a clue on what I should buy !! Tyres for the MH are pretty much a venture into the unknown ...
There appears to be two brands of van tyres that seem to be popular so price, availability and personal choice really, Don't think there's much in either. Then of course theres usage stood for long periods for example Camper tyres maybe a route as well search TYRES then go from there:confused::giggle:

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
MisterB. Dave, many quality commercial van tyres can have the same load rating, ply tating, and speed ratings of Camper Tyres, so no need to be paying over the odds. Also, you cannot get All Season or Winter Tyres with the 3PMSF markings, in some Camper Tyre makes and/or sizes.

Our 20 x years of MH'ing have been spent on quality van tyres, (even factory fitted), apart from a very short period on Continental Vancos on the front wheels, which were awful on wet surfaces, so had them changed for winter tyres. No contest. ;)

Good luck searching. (y)

Jock. :)

Upvote 0

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Well, that was going so well.

Concerned son has threatened me with dire consequences if I go ahead with buying van tyres so it looks like I will be spending big bucks on Michelin CP tyres after all 😏

Shame he didn’t threaten to move off my driveway, but that’s a whole different kettle of worms 🤭

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Concerned son has threatened me with dire consequences if I go ahead with buying van tyres so it looks like I will be spending big bucks on Michelin CP tyres after all 😏
And his reasons for advising you as such Janine?
If he's paying for your CP tyres, then let him have his way. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011

Shame he didn’t threaten to move off my driveway, but that’s a whole different kettle of worms 🤭
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with fitting van tyres but if it keeps your relationship with your son a happy one best do that, you could always try and get him to pay the difference. 🤔😉

Upvote 0
Jul 15, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Feb 2023

Tell him you'll fit them if he moves off your drive ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Two questions occur. Sorry if I have missed them).

Is your son a motorhomer?

Have you shown him the comments on your thread?

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

You're the parent tell him to shush and go stand in the corner. Camper tyres are crap . The only tyres I've ever had with perished sidewalls were camper tyres.

Van tyres are far better in every way . And all seasons make the best sense if you use it all year round.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Show your son these Continental Vanco CP TYRES. 5 years old.
Screenshot_20240712-175100_Gmail.jpg

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Show your son these Continental Vanco CP TYRES. 5 years old. View attachment 922297
That's been my experience of them too , absolute shite tyres and the michelin aren't much better.
My current van has continental van tyres on that are now 10 years old ... not a single crack or perished bit on them.

But they will be getting changed for Nankang all season

Upvote 0

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Two questions occur. Sorry if I have missed them).

Is your son a motorhomer?

Have you shown him the comments on your thread?
Yes - he is a motorhome engineer 🤭

He has his own van hence he lives on my drive.

I have Michelin Agilis on my van at the moment which are just starting to show cracking @ 7 years old.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Unfortunately he thinks he is always right - occasionally he actually is.

I have Michelin Agilis on my van at the moment which are just starting to show cracking @ 7 years old.
Ah one of those "experts"

Enough said 🤣🤣.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011

Unfortunately he thinks he is always right - occasionally he actually is.

I fitted Michelin Agilis Alpins to my Frankia, biggest mistake I ever made as they were crap. The van got very vague and scary if I got near 60mph, I thought it was just the van until I changed to Nexen Roadian CT8’s. They are a great tyre that I would have fitted to my Carthago but decided on All Season, very happy with the Nakangs and the van feels fine even at 70mph.

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I fitted Michelin Agilis Alpins to my Frankia, biggest mistake I ever made as they were crap. The van got very vague and scary if I got near 60mph, I thought it was just the van until I changed to Nexen Roadian CT8’s. They are a great tyre that I would have fitted to my Carthago but decided on All Season, very happy with the Nakangs and the van feels fine even at 70mph.
I had nexen rodian on my hymer , I agree they are a great tyre. I replaced the crap continental campers that were on it with them .

Upvote 0

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Ah one of those "experts"

Enough said 🤣🤣.

He is actually very good at what he does and probably errs on the side of caution more than most.

What if he’s right in this instance? What if I do get flat spots from not using it every week? What if the lower pressures can’t cope with the weight? What if they don’t last as long as CP tyres?

I am no expert and can only base my decisions on what people tell me. 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
He is actually very good at what he does and probably errs on the side of caution more than most.

What if he’s right in this instance? What if I do get flat spots from not using it every week? What if the lower pressures can’t cope with the weight? What if they don’t last as long as CP tyres?

Well you only have a few thousand users on here that use van tyres to go on 🤷‍♂️.

I don't know how often you use your van but you won't get flat spots in just a few weeks. There are thousands of commercial vans out there that don't get driven every day/week/month And don't all have flatspots. But the tyres generally last longer than the camper specific ones which ARE famous for sidewall and tread cracking . And they're a really crap ride .

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011

My Frankia sat from November until April and I believe I felt flat spots with the Alpins, only lasted a few miles. Didn’t have the same with the Nexens.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back