European Vets that have issued EU Pet Passports to Brits since Brexit

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Just back from the infamous Christian Marks at Bernkastel. We were greeted by a voice from above the spiral staircase “ah a British dog?, you have come for me to kill the worms? Well, we Germans killed 9 million jews during the war, I am sure we can deal with a few worms!”
No appointments, just turn up and queue in the corridor, he was accepting locals well after his closing time.
No receptionists, no vet nurses.
I was called in to have passport completed (with a date and time of my choosing to suit the ferry) although I was sure the actual date and time ok.
He obviously saw Rosie with us and made up his mind all legit as she was left in corridor with John and I was summoned for the paperwork. It was left to us to administer the tablets after we left.
I was disconcerted (upset) as the pet before us was a cat and they were gone a while in the consulting office. He came out and called me in saying,” the cat has multiple fractures, I have to euthanise it “ and when I went in there was the sedated cat on the table with 3 crying ladies saying their last goodbyes and we all stood around the table with the cat, my paperwork and him making jokes about the French.
I tried to convey my apologies to the ladies and my sadness to them but have to admit that I was in tears as I went back to Rosie and John.
I think he is no Noel Fitzpatrick who will try and save any injury, he seemed just no nonsense get on with it.
Of course, my daughter appalled at his unprofessional attitude but the queue of people at the door might indicate a caring and affordable vet doing his best for patient and owners.
So he never checked Rosie’s chip, but that gets checked at the ports, he did no more than glance at her and signed the health part of PP and didn’t give her the tablets but signed the PP and trusted me to do it. He saw that I had them in my hand.
4 euros as our daughter “is a fellow colleague.”
IMG_3568.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
you are aware that since the beginning of last year Croatia is included in the Schengen zone? It used to be a handy country to retreat to for the 'Schengen shuffle', but not now.
Well spotted ... I didn't pick up on that when I read the post! Unless of course he has and Irish PP himself, or another giving unlimited access into the Schengen zone.
Does anyone know if giving a second rabies jab within a few months is ok for dogs?
Not a problem at all, had this done for our Bella with no effect at all on her, it is actually not a bad thing to do for a dog that's only had one jab as it probably gives more protection than just relying on their own immune system to build up sufficiently with just one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back