European breakdown cover (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 26, 2024
Funster No
MH
ford
How do people go about good value European breakdown cover, it needs to cover a 3.5 ton, 3.4 meter (ie bed over cab) height 7 meter long.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Already have RAC (including eurpean cover) for our cars (personal membership so covers any vehicle if driving/passenger)
Just renewed and checked with RAC, limits are: -
Max weight 3.5 tonne
Width 2.55 m
Length 3.4 m (including towbar if fitted)
Height not quoted.

Therefore in my case no additional cost!

Car broke down last year in France and experience was generally good so I am happy
Are you sure you’ve got the length correct. That’s only something like a Fiat 500

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Just looked it up I it’s 31days unless you book a return ferry date then they charge a little
Where did you find this?
There is no mention of a time restriction in my policy booklet.
I have been going for 80ish days thinking I am covered.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Unusual for me to post as I am usually wrong but had heard an interesting and relevant comment recently. Out of habit when we renew our Motorhome Insurance I usually add both of us on the policy as drivers. I am almost exclusively the main driver but were I to hypothetically break my arm whilst in say Puglia there would be little/no chance that my wife would want to drive our 4.5 ton motorhome back. The point being that this is quite different to sharing the driving for an occasional long stretch. The insurance company would probably not be inclined to repatriate ourselves or the motorhome with two drivers noted on the policy. Apologies for stating the obvious and others will have thought this through but I hadn't!

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KY 80
Exp
Since 2018
Unusual for me to post as I am usually wrong but had heard an interesting and relevant comment recently. Out of habit when we renew our Motorhome Insurance I usually add both of us on the policy as drivers. I am almost exclusively the main driver but were I to hypothetically break my arm whilst in say Puglia there would be little/no chance that my wife would want to drive our 4.5 ton motorhome back. The point being that this is quite different to sharing the driving for an occasional long stretch. The insurance company would probably not be inclined to repatriate ourselves or the motorhome with two drivers noted on the policy. Apologies for stating the obvious and others will have thought this through but I hadn't!
This is true which is why I’ve now taken myself off my husbands policy. This was also confirmed by Comfort Insurance when I spoke to them.

Upvote 0

Btg

Mar 4, 2012
surrey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Ye def 31days they won’t extend until I give them my return ferry booking

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
AA won’t offer european recovery for a 3.5 tonne van
Been through all the hoops but had to get red flag for peace of mind
Interesting my policy says they will & full repatriation? The AA policy through Comfort has no limits on length or height.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back