European breakdown cover (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

123john

Free Member
Jun 26, 2024
Funster No
MH
ford
How do people go about good value European breakdown cover, it needs to cover a 3.5 ton, 3.4 meter (ie bed over cab) height 7 meter long.

Jun 18, 2018
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600sl
Exp
since 2019
Has anybody had experience of being recovered in Europe using the recovery provided through the nationwide flexplus account? Can't decide whether to switch my nationwide account or continue with green flag

Upvote 0

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
How do people go about good value European breakdown cover, it needs to cover a 3.5 ton, 3.4 meter (ie bed over cab) height 7 meter long

Unusual for me to post as I am usually wrong but had heard an interesting and relevant comment recently. Out of habit when we renew our Motorhome Insurance I usually add both of us on the policy as drivers. I am almost exclusively the main driver but were I to hypothetically break my arm whilst in say Puglia there would be little/no chance that my wife would want to drive our 4.5 ton motorhome back. The point being that this is quite different to sharing the driving for an occasional long stretch. The insurance company would probably not be inclined to repatriate ourselves or the motorhome with two drivers noted on the policy. Apologies for stating the obvious and others will have thought this through but I hadn't!
Depends on the circumstances. When we broke down wife's medication ran out in 4 days, travel insurance in 5 days and dog AHC in 3 days. As it was a Bank Holiday Saturday Green Flag had to get us all home and repatriate the motorhome, regardless of 2 drivers.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back