Dummy of the Day (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Locked out!!
My wife went for a shower so I thought I would make my self useful by sorting the rubbish out.
went out through the hab door and for some reason it locked behind me. Unfortunately the cab doors were still locked from night.
First problem having to explain we were locked out when my wife returned from shower.
Second, how to get back in.
Two strokes of luck. Guy opposite had an extending ladder and I had opened the skylight before sorting rubbish.
So entry made through skylight luckily I am still fit enough and slim enough to do this.
Embarrassment over I'm left perplexed.
Central locking does not operate on hab door so why did it lock behind me?
I thought it might be that we hadn't unlocked it from inside from overnight but it automatically unlocks when door is opened.
I haven't been able to replicate the situation.
I suppose the learning point is always unlock cab doors or have a key on person or secreted under van.
Any thoughts on why this happened?

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
I had the locksmith make a 'blade' key for our door.
(All plastic removed, just the key blade remains)
So it's very small, and hidden in a place where it will not be found by accident.

You can not drive the vehicle away with the door key.
We have a non-chipped key for the ignition switch for our Aygo toad. Cost more than the spare chipped key! Both bought from the Toyota dealer.

Upvote 0

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
Was just discussing this whole set of issues with my wife, bemoaning 'modern stuff' and automation in general (automated manual gearboxes exempt, especially twin-clutch ones) and it ocurred to me - do you think before long they'll automate blowing your nose for you?

I'm sure they will if they can.

Or WHEN they can. šŸ˜³

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2023
Guisborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis accordo 120
Exp
Iā€™m a newbie
Locked out!!
My wife went for a shower so I thought I would make my self useful by sorting the rubbish out.
went out through the hab door and for some reason it locked behind me. Unfortunately the cab doors were still locked from night.
First problem having to explain we were locked out when my wife returned from shower.
Second, how to get back in.
Two strokes of luck. Guy opposite had an extending ladder and I had opened the skylight before sorting rubbish.
So entry made through skylight luckily I am still fit enough and slim enough to do this.
Embarrassment over I'm left perplexed.
Central locking does not operate on hab door so why did it lock behind me?
I thought it might be that we hadn't unlocked it from inside from overnight but it automatically unlocks when door is opened.
I haven't been able to replicate the situation.
I suppose the learning point is always unlock cab doors or have a key on person or secreted under van.
Any thoughts on why this happened?
Same thing happened to me I donā€™t know why the hab door locked but it did all doors were looked our phones were inside van luckily I too left the skylight open I have a bike rack on van and used it to fully open window but to heavy a lovely couple were passing with their daughter who offered to climb in and opened the door really made our day how nice some people are

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back