Dogs travelling in motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
A lot of people on here do not forget as you suggest! They simply choose to do things differently to you, why people have to preach to them about that I really don’t understand.
I think it might be due to concern for the animal and it's owners.

Obviously people can and do follow advice/opinion/etc or not follow it but if someone is in possession of information they think is being ignored & danger thereby arises it wouldn't feel right, to me, to keep totally quiet about it and then just say ''...told you so'' if the worst happens.

It's like when you see someone up a ladder inches from over-reaching... I think most of us would want to warn them rather than watch them fall.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I think it might be due to concern for the animal and it's owners.

Obviously people can and do follow advice/opinion/etc or not follow it but if someone is in possession of information they think is being ignored & danger thereby arises it wouldn't feel right, to me, to keep totally quiet about it and then just say ''...told you so'' if the worst happens.

It's like when you see someone up a ladder inches from over-reaching... I think most of us would want to warn them rather than watch them fall.
Your points are valid of course, my point is that there is a big difference between passing on helpful advice or information then allowing the individual make their decisions and get on with their own business. It’s the inference that anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the information or advice offered is somehow an irresponsible pet owner.

It’s not the advice offered it’s just the way that it’s pushed.

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
It’s not the advice offered it’s just the way that it’s pushed.
Totally understand that, can't remember whether it was in this thread or a different one that I recently saw 'Rule 1' was mentioned - the Forum rule that I think can be summarised as 'be nice to each other', I think any deviation from that is a reflection of how strongly 'we Brits' feel about animal welfare, whichever way our 'love' of them is displayed.

Not up to me but personally I think everything which needs to be said has been said & people can, as you say, 'make their decisions and get on with their own business'.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Totally understand that, can't remember whether it was in this thread or a different one that I recently saw 'Rule 1' was mentioned - the Forum rule that I think can be summarised as 'be nice to each other', I think any deviation from that is a reflection of how strongly 'we Brits' feel about animal welfare, whichever way our 'love' of them is displayed.

Not up to me but personally I think everything which needs to be said has been said & people can, as you say, 'make their decisions and get on with their own business'.
I guarantee this topic will be aired many more times at different intervals.
It’s like, cyclists, grey water dribblers, spare wheels, etc etc. 😂😂

But that’s life 🤔

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I assume the owner wears a seat belt and would encourage their passenger to wear one. Why on earth would the owner restrain the Dog?

For those who do not secure their Dog whilst travelling a car crash calculator would show the forces involved…

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
For those who don’t restrain their dogs would you feel happy to see a baby rolling around on the back seat of a car? Having seen one going through a windscreen in a crash I think the people offering advice are worth listening to, of course it’s up to you but I hope you never have to see the result of your ‘don’t tell me what to do’ attitude.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back