Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
far worse to me is a fish counter in any supermarket. Puts me off using the rest of the shop.
I really can't see the problem with putting something in a bin out for emptying ? Not as though it's a skip that you are paying for ?
Bit like councils trying to prosecute people for " fly tipping" when they put rubbish in a roadside bin.

Although I have picked it up using my hands only , it is far better to use a plastic bag(y)
I pay for my bin and I pay to have it emptied.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
And people with cats who send them to other people’s gardens to crap.
That’s totally untrue, cats are autonomous and do there own thing regardless if they have a owner or not, plus they do the best to bury it,
I have dog owners that will walk there animals down my road let them crap then walk back up the road to there homes not giving a F+++ for anybody,

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Having spent 20+ years working on a farm the worst thing they do with their bags is hang it in the hedge :mad:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
The real question here is "Do you Two Poo?"

What I mean by this is you see your dog do a dump and its near another dump created by a Pig dog owner (a Pig dog owner is a dog owner who is too Pig stupid or too Pig headed to pick up his dogs shit from a public place)

I would pick up both, would you?

Or are you a Pig dog owner and don't even pick up your own dogs shit?
Did just that at Cornish Farm last week - Picked up that is.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:On the final walk around to the workshop, found some on one of the empty pitches and picked it up. :sick: Hate it when I see left mess.:mad: If you run out of bags during a walk sometimes not a lot you can do, but hedge flick it,:oops: but on a campsite - go back to your MH and get some more bags, or bog roll Oh Please!.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
That’s totally untrue, cats are autonomous and do there own thing regardless if they have a owner or not, plus they do the best to bury it,
I have dog owners that will walk there animals down my road let them crap then walk back up the road to there homes not giving a F+++ for anybody,
I beg to differ. Next doors cat craps on the drive outside our window. It needs shooting.they should train it to crap in a litter tray in their house.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Cats will not defecate in their owners gardens, well known fact. They will happily use next door, especially if you've just turned the earth over ready to plant. Once they've done it once they'll keep coming back, unless discouraged.....

Don't seem to get cats in my garden despite there (allegedly) being 8 next door....................

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
... probably because it's the one thing that a robber wouldn't take! :D
An old retired workmate of mine who needs a walking stick was having a morning walk on a local beach with his dog and had a bag of dog poo in his hand when a youth ran up behind him and snatched the bag and run off ,my friend was laughing for ages about that :eek:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I beg to differ. Next doors cat craps on the drive outside our window. It needs shooting.they should train it to crap in a litter tray in their house.
I've given up growing salad stuff and other veg that's eaten uncooked: lettuce, radishes, carrots, spring onions, beetroot etc. as I'm heartily sick of picking them from part-buried cat mess. Just the stink of it is enough anyway.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Odd this, we pick up after our dog and it’s never even occurred to me that it would be reasonable to use someone else’s wheelie bin. We often even have to walk in the road to go round bins, carrying the prize in the black bag.

We are on fortnightly collection, and our bin can certainly smell in the summer with “collections” from the garden. So if I didn’t have a dog, it’d certainly piss me off if someone used my bin in that way..

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
I would not be happy if anyone just put their dogs poo in my wheelie bin as our dustmen just lift the rubbish bags out, the poo bags would end up dropping to the bottom

Cheers

Trevor

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Filling their bin with your smelly dog shite is just not on, take it home to your own bin.
I do. When I'm in the UK where do you suggest I take it? I'm on holiday ? yes ok when at mate's or the nephews no problem. Like the signs from the council scum in la bys saying"please take your rubbish home" = "we are too ****ing lazy to empty bins but it costs more to clean up after as we are stupid & prefer to increase the CEo's pay"
I usually always use a dog poo bin. Why do people without dogs insist on using them for normal rubbish ?
Full or empty, only (_*_) do something like that. Not the first time dog poo belonging to someone else’s dog has been dispatched through their letter box after leaving it outside my drive or putting their poo bag in my bin.
So you no problem to the favour being returned ?

I can see a problem. Why not take it home and deposit it in your own bin. I do clean the inside of my bin regularly so I don’t want dog sh1t in it, especially some lazy tw@t’s sh1t. How about the occasional deposit through you letter box, it’s bagged so will be fine eh?
See first post. I'm on holiday.
I pay for my bin and I pay to have it emptied.
No ,you either pay for the "use of the bin" but it is still owned by them or you get it free. Your council tax doesn't just fund binmen .
What the population in the UK have allowed with everything is for those in charge to reduce all services to the absolute minimum on the grounds of "cost saving/improvement/ etc;etc"or increase the senior scums pay, when in fact they are just wasting far more money on grandiose rubbish along with lazy ,gay black,transvestite schemes.

The increase in rubbish generated should have been met with daily bin collections . Nothing less.
Another thing by allowing the scum to get away with it is you now have unsaleable housing due to the unsightly dirty disgusting, filth of 'wheelie bins' that should be taken to the council offices ,filled with petrol & lit.

They should bring back the round metal bins.

& all these different ways of collecting.in bins, bags from bins, loose ,etc;etc;etc; should never have been allowed to become the norm.It is rubbish ,however it is packaged & You are paying for it to be collected.

When in the UK I never had a problem with them not collecting it or leaving it I just went out ,threw it in the back of the lorry. Any problems like them removing it ,back in it goes & the crushing button is pressed. I'm paying ,end of.

If you run out of bags during a walk sometimes not a lot you can do,
How do you run out of bags ?o_OI use packs of 300 nappy sacks,35p in asda's. 30 or 40 in a back pocket & jobs a good 'un.(y)
Failing that on one occasion when I didn't have any bags or any tissue & in a place where I knew the curtain twitchers lived I just picked it up..............................in my hand & plonked it in the bin........loose. (y)As I say it doesn't bother me just washed the hand when back at my mate's.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I don’t know how long you have been out of the uk but bin lorries are all cameraed up now. To provide protection for the workers and film unauthorised stuff being put in the back of it. If you ask they will take extra but it has to be put in a bin to go in the back because of cameras.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I really cannot see a problem with placing wrapped dog poo in someones accessible black bin and cannot see why anyone would object to the occasional deposit, it's far better than not picking up. It's not as if you are going to clean and polish the interior then store valuables inside, but a lock and chain may make people think you might.
It wouldn't bother me if someone made use of our bin when it's out, I would rather that than that that the :moon2: 's who allow their dog to make deposits along the pavement for a couple of hundred yards along the road we live on. :swear2:

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
What if I was late putting out my bin. Happened to me here loads of times, they arrive here between 5am and 7am. My bins not being collected for a week, meanwhile you walk by and stick shite in it, which I've got to suffer for a week. Lots of people have to keep their bins outside all the time. Filling their bin with your smelly dog shite is just not on, take it home to your own bin.
It's not so bad for us because their only down there to be emptied and on that day the bin cleaning guy comes round and always puts our clean bins back in our garden.:)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
So you no problem to the favour being returned ?

See first post. I'm on holiday.

No ,you either pay for the "use of the bin" but it is still owned by them or you get it free. Your council tax doesn't just fund binmen.

No problem for me but for the dispatcher, lol, I would have some fun.

Who cares if you are on holiday, no excuse for being a tw@t.

No, you are wrong, Last bin cost me £35 :rolleyes:

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
And people with cats who send them to other people’s gardens to crap.
Not our boy, I clean ALL his up.
20180621_175421.jpg

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
... probably because it's the one thing that a robber wouldn't take! :D
Not always so. Until recently 'pure' was a vital ingredient in the leather tanning process, and commanded a price at the tannery gate.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
The problem with cat they are free to roam but they do mostly bury there poo_Our cat was born on our farm and used to poo in the fields ,When we sold up and moved to a house with a garden. I built her a toilet 1 mtr square 200mm deep,filled with sand and light soil and 4 corner posts 600mm high put a felted lid on ,between the soil and the lid a 400 mm gap all the way round,within a week she started to use it daily .I empty it every 3 or 4 weeks change the soil.I dispose of it on a farmers muck heap nearby and 4 years on she will come home from the field behind our garden to use the toilet. One of our neighbours copied ours and his cat now does exactly the same .I find it difficult to understand the people pick up the dog poo up,bag it then throw it in a ditch or a tree .A disgusting thing to do .Any dog owner who does not pick up should get a £50 fine and if they bag it and throw it away should be fined £100 as the bags can lay there for years. Just saying lol.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
No problem for me but for the dispatcher, lol, I would have some fun.

Who cares if you are on holiday, no excuse for being a tw@t.

No, you are wrong, Last bin cost me £35 :rolleyes:

I didn't say what would be going through the letter box.:)
As i said it would be very rare that I would ever do it but the fact that not only am I on holiday but that I have to negotiate these filthy disgusting things on pavements or in the road, where I always just ram them out the way, means the same to me. Not that you are ever likely to catch me up there anyway.

Tell the council that you have to do the job properly.The bin is meant to be attached to the back of the truck & emptied. If they are removing the bags they are skimping on the proper machinery.As I pointed out to my last council if they wish to do that then there is no point in having bins just put out the sacks.
& you were expected to pay for them where I lived but you didn't 'own ' them. They were always council .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I don’t know how long you have been out of the uk but bin lorries are all cameraed up now. To provide protection for the workers and film unauthorised stuff being put in the back of it. If you ask they will take extra but it has to be put in a bin to go in the back because of cameras.
They need protection if most are like the ones we used to have. Cameras wouldn't bother me in it would go.It can't be unauthorised it is rubbish, what they collect.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I can't believe that there are 3 pages about crap.... How far do you think it will go, 7 pages?

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Useless fact of the day, a quick calculation says I've picked up 4,380+ dog poops in the last six years... :eek:

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Having spent 20+ years working on a farm the worst thing they do with their bags is hang it in the hedge :mad:

WTF is that all about?!

I walk down the local canal tow path most mornings and there are always bags of poop hanging from random tree branches :(

Are these dog owners have some kind of shit flinging contest?! (n)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sumeone let ther dog shite in front of my gate.
I wated till thay went on holiday I left a sealed envelop of you know what every day for to weeks through there door.
With a meseges to clean up ther dog shite
Ther never was any problem with ther dog shit any more.
Thay knew who it was but knew better than try any thing
Bill

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
99%** of the owners around here pick up after their dogs.. I do not think anyone minds it going in their bin
We get 'stray poo bags'appearing in our bin from time to time and never thought anything of it.
I would prefer that to seeing them hanging in trees, bushes and on fences ..
**There is one owner with a small horse or BIG dog that always gets their dog to crap on the grass beside my sons house next door.Always in more or less the same place, right up agin the wall about 6ft from the front of Darrells motorhome
They know exactly what they are doing. by walking hard up against the wall none of the three cameras that are pointed at the motorhomes ( mine is more or less next to his )can see who ever it is :mad:
They are in for a bit of a wake up call as soon as the weather warms up.. Putting another camera up so it is specifically pointed at the area with an alarm attached to the out put of the DVR..
The first time I catch the person it will be friendly chat time.. ( even though they have been doing it for about three years )
No second chances though.. Local council always takes action in such cases and the video will be sent to them with all the info :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
WTF is that all about?!

I walk down the local canal tow path most mornings and there are always bags of poop hanging from random tree branches :(

Are these dog owners have some kind of shit flinging contest?! (n)
Perhaps it is house proud fastidious birds and not dog owners at all !

OP
OP
tonyidle
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Only just. I have a Doggy Doo Bin for campers. I've picked up dog mess all my life, but when emptying that bin, especially in warm weather, I heave. Lots of different dog's shits slowly cooking in bags. The stench is awful.

1bc851fb837a9caa815462a80c714a8e_256.png
Easily beaten by uncooked rotting chicken carcasses
1bc851fb837a9caa815462a80c714a8e_256.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back