Dog Poo (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
A thread spilt.....These posts about Dog Poo deserve their own thread...

To flick the offending stool back to the owner.
Must admit the UK are better than the continent in clearing up their mess.
But why do they want to put it in my wheely bin rather than take it home, I don't want their mess and wouldn't put my rubbish in their bin sorted it out now with a lock and chain.
Too many dogs and bad owners.
I've never done it but do wonder, as I walk past wheelie bins, why people object. Bagged dog poo is a lot less messy/smelly than some of the stuff they contain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I must confess to dropping pop bags in other people's wheelie bins, if they're left conveniently on the pavement, usually before collection. I'd never put it in a freshly emptied bin. I wouldn't like that so don't inflict it on others

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
PS how do we get from robbed on an aire to dog poo bags ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
PS how do we get from robbed on an aire to dog poo bags ???
... probably because it's the one thing that a robber wouldn't take! :D

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I've never done it but do wonder, as I walk past wheelie bins, why people object. Bagged dog poo is a lot less messy/smelly than some of the stuff they contain.
If you could give me your address I will make sure I put some in your bin next time I pass. I don't have a dog so you will have to make do with some other poo instead ........................... :D2

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Only just. I have a Doggy Doo Bin for campers. I've picked up dog mess all my life, but when emptying that bin, especially in warm weather, I heave. Lots of different dog's shits slowly cooking in bags. The stench is awful.

1bc851fb837a9caa815462a80c714a8e_256.png

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The real question here is "Do you Two Poo?"

What I mean by this is you see your dog do a dump and its near another dump created by a Pig dog owner (a Pig dog owner is a dog owner who is too Pig stupid or too Pig headed to pick up his dogs shit from a public place)

I would pick up both, would you?

Or are you a Pig dog owner and don't even pick up your own dogs shit?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

What I mean by this is you see your dog do a dump and its near another dump created by a Pig dog owner (a Pig dog owner is a dog owner who is too Pig stupid or too Pig headed to pick up his dogs shit from a public place)

I don't have a dog now but still carry a dog poo bag with me and pick up what I see and put into the bin, or flick under a hedge where it won't cause issues to the verge maintenance people. Flicking into long grass sounds a good idea but when the strimmer operator comes along shortly afterwards there will be a few choice words. If you are going to flick please flick right under a hedge.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Only just. I have a Doggy Doo Bin for campers. I've picked up dog mess all my life, but when emptying that bin, especially in warm weather, I heave. Lots of different dog's shits slowly cooking in bags. The stench is awful.

1bc851fb837a9caa815462a80c714a8e_256.png
haha. i'm surprised a man of your position doesn't employ a shit picker upper

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
To flick the offending stool back to the owner.
Must admit the UK are better than the continent in clearing up their mess.
But why do they want to put it in my wheely bin rather than take it home, I don't want their mess and wouldn't put my rubbish in their bin sorted it out now with a lock and chain.
Too many dogs and bad owners.

I really cannot see a problem with placing wrapped dog poo in someones accessible black bin and cannot see why anyone would object to the occasional deposit, it's far better than not picking up. It's not as if you are going to clean and polish the interior then store valuables inside, but a lock and chain may make people think you might.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
haha. i'm surprised a man of your position doesn't employ a shit picker upper

My position!!

Clearly you don't know me. Shit Picker Upper was a recent promotion of which i'm very proud (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I really cannot see a problem with placing wrapped dog poo in someones accessible black bin

Would you understand the problem better if I removed it from my bin and placed it your back pocket? :D

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I really cannot see a problem with placing wrapped dog poo in someones accessible black bin and cannot see why anyone would object to the occasional deposit, it's far better than not picking up. It's not as if you are going to clean and polish the interior then store valuables inside, but a lock and chain may make people think you might.
Content of dog poo bins are incinerated and household waste is not unless the local authorities have the facility, many don't so it will go to landfill. If I found somebody putting their dog poo back bags in my bins they would not like my response.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Only on FUN can a thread go from being robbed on an Aire to putting dog eggs in someone's wheely bin. :ROFLMAO:

But i note the main topic is still going in circles like it always does.

Back on the ignore thread list I think as I only came back for a quick look.

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am proud to announce that, in over seventy years of life, I have never ever, ever, ever picked up any dog poo using my hands... nor will I ever...

Oh... and I have never ever, ever been robbed whilst staying over night on hundreds and hundreds of continental "aires" or service stations.

One look at my van tells any potential thief that it wouldn't be worth the bother.

JJ :cool:

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Content of dog poo bins are incinerated and household waste is not unless the local authorities have the facility, many don't so it will go to landfill. If I found somebody putting their dog poo back bags in my bins they would not like my response.
Is there some reason dog poo should not go to landfill?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I am proud to announce that, in over seventy years of life, I have never ever, ever, ever picked up any dog poo... nor will I ever...

JJ :cool:

On the bottom of your shoe is not the best way :eek:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
far worse to me is a fish counter in any supermarket. Puts me off using the rest of the shop.
I really can't see the problem with putting something in a bin out for emptying ? Not as though it's a skip that you are paying for ?
Bit like councils trying to prosecute people for " fly tipping" when they put rubbish in a roadside bin.
I am proud to announce that, in over seventy years of life, I have never ever, ever, ever picked up any dog poo using my hands.
Although I have picked it up using my hands only , it is far better to use a plastic bag(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I really can't see the problem with putting something in a bin out for emptying

What if I was late putting out my bin. Happened to me here loads of times, they arrive here between 5am and 7am. My bins not being collected for a week, meanwhile you walk by and stick shite in it, which I've got to suffer for a week. Lots of people have to keep their bins outside all the time. Filling their bin with your smelly dog shite is just not on, take it home to your own bin.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Our bins are only collected every two weeks, I would be very annoyed indeed. Not that it's a problem as most people just let their dogs cr.. on the footpath running alongside my house. I live in the town, they are just lazy especially as there is a big bin at the end of the footpath. There will be a new pile most days, oh dear you've set me off now!! Obviously some people must clear it up but it is a real pain as it's not a very well lit path.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Our bins are only collected every two weeks, I would be very annoyed indeed. Not that it's a problem as most people just let their dogs crap on the footpath running alongside my house. I live in the town, they are just lazy especially as there is a big bin at the end of the footpath. There will be a new pile most days, oh dear you've set me off now!! Obviously some people must clear it up but it is a real pain as it's not a very well lit path.
And people with cats who send them to other people’s gardens to crap.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
I must confess to dropping pop bags in other people's wheelie bins, if they're left conveniently on the pavement, usually before collection. I'd never put it in a freshly emptied bin. I wouldn't like that so don't inflict it on others
Full or empty, only (_*_) do something like that. Not the first time dog poo belonging to someone else’s dog has been dispatched through their letter box after leaving it outside my drive or putting their poo bag in my bin.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Reminds me of the time I had to drop stool samples at my Gp.

There I was with 2 see through little bottles so I thought I would hand them over in a Tesco bag.

I went in and whispered to the old bag on reception that I was dropping off stool samples and handed her the bag. She looked at me in horror and said “Are they sealed?”

I assured her they were but really wanted to say “ no I just did a shit straight into this bag”

Funny thing is I had to do the same a few years later and realised I hadn’t sealed the samples in the Tesco bag:blush:

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015

I have done but not often, depends on the location.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
A thread spilt.....These posts about Dog Poo deserve their own thread...

It hack's me right off when it happens, we like lots of folk use a wheelie bin to stop foxes ripping the black bags open & spreading the contents every where, but our council wont take black bags from the bins so we have to take the bags out in the morning on collection day, lifting bags of dog shit out ain't my idea of fun first thing, "That's not my dog's shit" Thank you Peter Sellers :p

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
They are giving out bottles here in Javea, if you are caught not washing the pavement or failing to pick up after your dog it's a €750 fine. (y)
We always clear up after our dog, and sometimes other people's, if you don't you shouldn't have one. :mad: Bob.

20190111_171910.jpg 20190111_171946.jpg

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
I can see a problem. Why not take it home and deposit it in your own bin. I do clean the inside of my bin regularly so I don’t want dog sh1t in it, especially some lazy tw@t’s sh1t. How about the occasional deposit through you letter box, it’s bagged so will be fine eh?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back