Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 6, 2008
Spixworth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Moto-
Exp
Since 2006
We recently bought a compressor fridge after the nightmare 3 way Domestic 8505.
We decided on a VitriFigo C115 fridge without the freezer box.
Getting the old fridge out was the easy bit.We have a "slam dunk" door,so plenty of room. I removed some of the gas pipe then had the end capped under the van. Fitting the new fridge was err! not so easy as the fitting frame is a teeny bit big and will need some fettling later.Howevet,it looks good and works well ish!
Currently it runs for 1 minute then stops for 2 minutes. I have contacted Penguin who are the main dealers in the UK and they have said that as it is stopping the thermostat is working.We also turned the thermostat knob to 1/2 way.
Has anyone bought one of these fridges and can they confirm that their VitrFigo fridge do the same on/off routine as ours does?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We recently bought a compressor fridge after the nightmare 3 way Domestic 8505.
We decided on a VitriFigo C115 fridge without the freezer box.
Getting the old fridge out was the easy bit.We have a "slam dunk" door,so plenty of room. I removed some of the gas pipe then had the end capped under the van. Fitting the new fridge was err! not so easy as the fitting frame is a teeny bit big and will need some fettling later.Howevet,it looks good and works well ish!
Currently it runs for 1 minute then stops for 2 minutes. I have contacted Penguin who are the main dealers in the UK and they have said that as it is stopping the thermostat is working.We also turned the thermostat knob to 1/2 way.
Has anyone bought one of these fridges and can they confirm that their VitrFigo fridge do the same on/off routine as ours does?
Mine is a kit I bought but with the original thermostat it did similar to what yours is doing. Is the thermostat phial fastened to the evaporator? I swapped mine for a vt9 auto defrost stat and it works now as expected.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I put an electronic controller on it too and the VT9 stat is just a back up now.
Much better, lots of settings to faff with👌😎
Screenshot_20240920_155136_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240920_155356_Opera Mini.jpg

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I fitted the C85 one and it works very well just turned on to halfway, it’s very quiet and cannot tell when it’s working or not.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The VT9 thermostat has a fixed cut in temperature of 3.5°c no matter what it's set on, so the evaporator is always defrosted by the time the compressor restarts 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back