Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 6, 2008
Spixworth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Moto-
Exp
Since 2006
We recently bought a compressor fridge after the nightmare 3 way Domestic 8505.
We decided on a VitriFigo C115 fridge without the freezer box.
Getting the old fridge out was the easy bit.We have a "slam dunk" door,so plenty of room. I removed some of the gas pipe then had the end capped under the van. Fitting the new fridge was err! not so easy as the fitting frame is a teeny bit big and will need some fettling later.Howevet,it looks good and works well ish!
Currently it runs for 1 minute then stops for 2 minutes. I have contacted Penguin who are the main dealers in the UK and they have said that as it is stopping the thermostat is working.We also turned the thermostat knob to 1/2 way.
Has anyone bought one of these fridges and can they confirm that their VitrFigo fridge do the same on/off routine as ours does?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We recently bought a compressor fridge after the nightmare 3 way Domestic 8505.
We decided on a VitriFigo C115 fridge without the freezer box.
Getting the old fridge out was the easy bit.We have a "slam dunk" door,so plenty of room. I removed some of the gas pipe then had the end capped under the van. Fitting the new fridge was err! not so easy as the fitting frame is a teeny bit big and will need some fettling later.Howevet,it looks good and works well ish!
Currently it runs for 1 minute then stops for 2 minutes. I have contacted Penguin who are the main dealers in the UK and they have said that as it is stopping the thermostat is working.We also turned the thermostat knob to 1/2 way.
Has anyone bought one of these fridges and can they confirm that their VitrFigo fridge do the same on/off routine as ours does?
Mine is a kit I bought but with the original thermostat it did similar to what yours is doing. Is the thermostat phial fastened to the evaporator? I swapped mine for a vt9 auto defrost stat and it works now as expected.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I put an electronic controller on it too and the VT9 stat is just a back up now.
Much better, lots of settings to faff withšŸ‘ŒšŸ˜Ž
Screenshot_20240920_155136_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240920_155356_Opera Mini.jpg

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I fitted the C85 one and it works very well just turned on to halfway, itā€™s very quiet and cannot tell when itā€™s working or not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back