CL Site charging extra for car (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Anyway next retime you stay at Cornish Farm, it’s free again! as you said that you were going to buy Lyn and I dinner at the Castle Hotel to celebrate Wales winning the 2019 Six Nations (y)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
If anyone is worried that they are on the super secret, clandestine, wouldn’t pay, tight arse list, I am happy to check for any fellow Funsters but this must just be a MotorHome FUN thing as I don’t want kicking out of the Cabal for sharing secret information about campers;)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
If anyone is worried that they are on the super secret, clandestine, wouldn’t pay, tight arse list, I am happy to check for any fellow Funsters but this must just be a MotorHome FUN thing as I don’t want kicking out of the Cabal for sharing secret information about campers;)

“Cock”...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Night nite all x

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
Site we were on last week, I went to put the bag of dog poo in the appropriate bin, to find the lid off and the poo bags strewn everywhere. I picked them all up and put them back in the bin and put the lid on. I’m still wondering what did it. Weird hey?

A shit stirrer:hot:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!

If anyone want's to be added to the blacklist, please take eddie up on this offer ;)

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Because so many owners don't clear up behind them or let their dogs pee all over everything and the majority of people don't have dogs.

Then people want a discount because they "don't" have a dog
You may have an argument there Eddie , but as a dog owner I've always cleaned up after our pet, and to be honest I haven't seen that much dog shite on the Cl's we've stayed on, & we always choose dog friendly sites.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
You may have an argument there Eddie , but as a dog owner I've always cleaned up after our pet, and to be honest I haven't seen that much dog shite on the Cl's we've stayed on, & we always choose dog friendly sites.

My shoes are a dog shit magnet... Literally every single CL I have stayed on where dogs were allowed I have found the one only dog turd left by the one exception to the rule that all dog owners pick up. I mean every single time.... It got to the point that I looked for Adult only, No dogs allowed CL's.. They are hard to find.

Jim's site is the first one where I haven't dragged dog muck into my van. But that dog bin does honk when the lid comes off.. He really should charge people to have a dog on because emptying that bin is nasty.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Some lazy bast...d left a pile of shite outside of our van at Peterborough show this weekend I did not see them as I would have addressed it.

That is what happens when people let dogs run free off the lead.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have to say gromett, not had your experience, but your comment proves that responsible dog owners in Jim's case do exist.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
On a serious note, it’s like the few beaches we can take our dogs on, having dog shit everywhere, and you can’t help but think no wonder so many place ban dogs!

Incidentally, it is not just the wardens having to deal with pee and poo, Mrs Smith complains that the Van next to her has a dog that barks all the time!

So the warden has to get involved to see if the dog barks all the time, or Mrs Smith just dislikes dogs

If you ban dogs from a site, you get no doggie based issues, or poo, or need to wash down pee’d on bollards

Dickheads washing their dogs in the showers, people moaning because plot 13’s two dogs howl every time their owner goes for a shower, leaving them in the van, Oh it goes on

Then someone is in reception arguing, as to why they will leave if we insist that they have to pay a pound for their dog

Bye then. Next!

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Having worked on sites for over 50 years mostly part time I still think the best pricing system was run by Touchwood sports back in the 70's before everyone started all these rip off schemes. that system was 3 different pitch sizes each one a set price as long as everyone fitted on the pitch, then electric & Showers all on tokens drinking water and waste disposal free.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

We all hate being suckered in with a low price only to realise we're being had when all the extras are added. This happened to me recently with a car hire. But are these site prices so bad?

The extra charges per person are understandable those extra people are going to be using wifi, hot showers, washing facilities etc

Awnings kill grass and loads leave pegs behind that kill mowers

The gazebo charge is harsh but looks like it might be designed to deter freeloading campers

Dogs and Extra cars see posts above

Not sure about the water craft charges

But the charges are not hidden like my recent car hire experience, rather they are boldly displayed on their site so we can decide whether to book or not.

charges.png

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I would of left we pulled into a CL near Cirencester and the owner wanted to charge us £2 more because we are a big motorhome and we would use more electric his words not mine . I told him we were leaving he backed down .

Same with My R-V, many years ago, pulled in, 34ft, Told it would be nearly double!!. Voted with the feet, (wheels). Stopped overnight on lay-by and found another site next day.

Car and Caravan = 2 parts, Motor-home and Car = 2parts. NO difference. (in fact often shorter?.) I have however been charged in Spain, for parking the trailer, another reason for using an "A" Frame?.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We all hate being suckered in with a low price only to realise we're being had when all the extras are added. This happened to me recently with a car hire. But are these site prices so bad?

The extra charges per person are understandable those extra people are going to be using wifi, hot showers, washing facilities etc

The gazebo charge is harsh but looks like it might be designed to deter freeloading campers

But the charges are not hidden like my recent car hire experience, rather they are boldly displayed on their site so we can decide whether to book or not.

View attachment 300793
Indeed, drive past the site, you can park on the beach carpark for £10 a night, toilets also there. Go across to the other side of the beach, it's free.

Reactions: Jim

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Where I park
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
Since 1977
On a serious note, it’s like the few beaches we can take our dogs on, having dog shit everywhere, and you can’t help but think no wonder so many place ban dogs!

Incidentally, it is not just the wardens having to deal with pee and poo, Mrs Smith complains that the Van next to her has a dog that barks all the time!

So the warden has to get involved to see if the dog barks all the time, or Mrs Smith just dislikes dogs

If you ban dogs from a site, you get no doggie based issues, or poo, or need to wash down pee’d on bollards

Dickheads washing their dogs in the showers, people moaning because plot 13’s two dogs howl every time their owner goes for a shower, leaving them in the van, Oh it goes on

Then someone is in reception arguing, as to why they will leave if we insist that they have to pay a pound for their dog

Bye then. Next!

Don’t forget peaple washing there dog bedding in the washing machines.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
On a couple of sites in Spain recently, we were charged extra not only for the dog but also (at the same rate as the dog) for each of the two cats, who never leave the van. We usually find that two cats sunbathing on the dash provides amusement and entertainment for the other residents, so maybe we should think about charging sites for them :LOL:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I must admit be it site prices or anything for sale I prefer the one price , not plus this or minus that. Mainly as I can never work it all out properly, but that’s me.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The point that I was really making is that when someone arrives on a site it is what you actually have to pay that matters. If you think that it is too much, leave! It is a simple as that. It isn't always the case that all inclusive is the cheapest.

Sites may have had problems in the past so deliberately discriminate.

I understand those that say, "It's my pitch, so my rules!" But as a campsite owner I'd happily lose £18 than be dictated to!

It isn't like the pitch goes off or has a sell by date. We have a clear pricing structure and our prices and rules are readily available.

Another way of looking at this, if you pay say £18 for a 100Sqm a 10m x 10m pitch and you think that what ever you do with that pitch is your business and shouldn't be any business of the people that actually run or own the site consider this. If the rules don't apply to you, they can't apply to anyone else.

So how many peoples weekend would be ruined if two pitches were booked side my side and 12 blokes turned up and pitched a couple of big tents, broke out the music and partied all night and day?

What do the wardens say when there is a load of complaints that at 3am the lads had a bonfire, were running around peoples vans and caravans, had their music cranked right up singing their heads off, before having a massive screaming argument at 4am when a fight drew their night to a close? It's their pitch?

At Cornish Farm we have as few rules as possible, if you bring a car, on an A Frame and you can fit it on your pitch, there is no charge. Electric and WiFi is included. At the moment the standard charge for that is £18 a night for your pitch for two people. If you wish to wind out an awning, its free, if you wish to erect a conventional awning we will charge you £2.50

We won't allow sign written vans on site, groups of same sex people, we won't allow rallies where the ralliers are tented why? because we have had too much trouble in the past so are quite happy for them to write on FaceBook that we are knobs and we won't be getting their money!!

If I see such posts I normally reply "Thank you"

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
The point that I was really making is that when someone arrives on a site it is what you actually have to pay that matters. If you think that it is too much, leave! It is a simple as that. It isn't always the case that all inclusive is the cheapest.

Sites may have had problems in the past so deliberately discriminate.

I understand those that say, "It's my pitch, so my rules!" But as a campsite owner I'd happily lose £18 than be dictated to!

It isn't like the pitch goes off or has a sell by date. We have a clear pricing structure and our prices and rules are readily available.

Another way of looking at this, if you pay say £18 for a 100Sqm a 10m x 10m pitch and you think that what ever you do with that pitch is your business and shouldn't be any business of the people that actually run or own the site consider this. If the rules don't apply to you, they can't apply to anyone else.

So how many peoples weekend would be ruined if two pitches were booked side my side and 12 blokes turned up and pitched a couple of big tents, broke out the music and partied all night and day?

What do the wardens say when there is a load of complaints that at 3am the lads had a bonfire, were running around peoples vans and caravans, had their music cranked right up singing their heads off, before having a massive screaming argument at 4am when a fight drew their night to a close? It's their pitch?

At Cornish Farm we have as few rules as possible, if you bring a car, on an A Frame and you can fit it on your pitch, there is no charge. Electric and WiFi is included. At the moment the standard charge for that is £18 a night for your pitch for two people. If you wish to wind out an awning, its free, if you wish to erect a conventional awning we will charge you £2.50

We won't allow sign written vans on site, groups of same sex people, we won't allow rallies where the ralliers are tented why? because we have had too much trouble in the past so are quite happy for them to write on FaceBook that we are knobs and we won't be getting their money!!

If I see such posts I normally reply "Thank you"

@Chris Looks like Eddie wont have the England Rugby team there!!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They would be in the West Wing of my house (y)

You need to be careful there.

Based on their defensive performance against Scotland they wouldn't know their East from their West.
Best left out on the camping field so that some can throw dwarfs while others kneel in contemplative prayer(y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Dickheads washing their dogs in the showers,

How can he not have a shower if he's paid ? :(

View attachment 300793

It wouldn't take much in high season to be looking at £80/night?? :Eeek: In Wales??:shake: In anywhere in fact.:shake::shake:

Don’t forget peaple washing there dog bedding in the washing machines.
Yes even the launderettes refuse dog/horse blankets.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back