Apr

Rally Chester Easter Food and Drink Festival 2023. (2 Viewers)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I said I would be in the pub… 🤣

5A94745E-7090-46DD-898A-C1B4F76C9F37.jpeg

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Apologies I mean arriving Friday, New to the forum and this would be our first rally. Darren.
Just advise that you are with motorhome fun ,when you get checked in and they will direct you in to the MHfun area.
As your new you have to buy everyone a drink as part of the initiation process. Honestly. :LOL: :pinocchio:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hi fellow funsters at Chester. It is not our weekend not only have we a poorly motorhome problem with the automatic gears. But also with Johns CPAP the 12V lead we have is blowing fuses. He does have a mains lead but we have no inverter with us. Does anyone have one we could borrow?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Food Fest is open... Some of the prices are eye watering... but there are some that are reasonable.
It is £15 per person for the general public to enter and £8 for concessions.
There is not much going on in the food areas unless you want an expensive fastfood lunch.
The food festival is fairly busy though. (y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
It is £15 per person for the general public to enter and £8 for concessions.
There is not much going on in the food areas unless you want an expensive fastfood lunch.
The food festival is fairly busy though. (y)
As a camperfest we obviously get free entry so that's great value... I obviously haven't done a prices reset...I whinge about pints at £4.50 yet I'm paying in excess of £6 at the Music Hall Tap right now... So what do I know about prices 🤷‍♂️ .

Despite this, I've bought loads of stuff from "Artisan" stallholders which probably would be cheaper in Sainsburys...

But it's the whole ambience thing... and I like the idea of supporting local independent producers.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
As a camperfest we obviously get free entry so that's great value... I obviously haven't done a prices reset...I whinge about pints at £4.50 yet I'm paying in excess of £6 at the Music Hall Tap right now... So what do I know about prices 🤷‍♂️ .

Despite this, I've bought loads of stuff from "Artisan" stallholders which probably would be cheaper in Sainsburys...

But it's the whole ambience thing... and I like the idea of supporting local independent producers.

£15 per person makes the camping ticket good value !

One thing we noticed about Chester, there are a lot of street beggers, but most of them look young enough and fit enough to get a job. They also mostly seemed better dressed than the average person on Tyneside !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
I had great FUN walking the walls, and splashing out in the food festival. Mostly, olives, fudge and cheese, all essential food groups.
We ran away early, because we ran out of gas. Currently in a Britstop near Shrewsbury.
It was great, but the facilties for campers was very poor. Only one toilet block in the field, and only one water tap for all the motorhomes.

But thank you to the marshals for their hard work, making it happen.

Paul and Karen

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I had great FUN walking the walls, and splashing out in the food festival. Mostly, olives, fudge and cheese, all essential food groups.
We ran away early, because we ran out of gas. Currently in a Britstop near Shrewsbury.
It was great, but the facilties for campers was very poor. Only one toilet block in the field, and only one water tap for all the motorhomes.

But thank you to the marshals for their hard work, making it happen.

Paul and Karen
It was lovely to see you.

The facilities at this meet have always been a bit inadequate but it is a cheap weekend in a great location.

People seem to have voted with their feet this year with a much reduced number of vans.

Maybe you could email the organisers with your views? If enough people do, they might up their game next year.

camperfest@chesterfoodanddrink.co.uk

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks Janine, we had a great weekend ,good weather so we decided to depart after tea to miss the potential rain tomorrow whilst the site was dry today.
Surprisingly there were fewer vans all round than previous years despite being advised the site was full. But there again that's up to the camperfest organisers.
Re the note about facilities, have to agree but there were some additional portaloos and waste bins up behind where we were but no elsan point. We did see people using the portaloos to empty cassettes unfortunately, which must have filled them up quickly and left some mess. Luckily we had enough water on board for the weekend.
See you at Peterborough. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back