Chasing the better weather- help Please (10 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 2, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Dreamer D68 Ltd
Exp
Since 2020
Good morning
Currently on our road trip in Normandy, near Honfluer. We are here until 06th October.
However the weather for this part of France is wet for the whole period!
The area around Avignon looks a lot better.
I thought about taking the non toll roads down there to catch the sun.
Can anybody suggest good places to stop on route and whilst we are in the Avignon region?
Also what will the best round be to take? I made slight error and forgot to order my Critie Air sticker so will have problems going to big cities.
Thanks for any advice
John

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
A few years ago we went to Normandy for a two week break and stopped at Hornfleur.
The boss wasn’t happy with the weather so we drove to the south France. Great weather!
The boss then wanted to travel to Spain and then Portugal. Ended up returning home three months later
😂😎🍺

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Good morning
Currently on our road trip in Normandy, near Honfluer. We are here until 06th October.
However the weather for this part of France is wet for the whole period!
The area around Avignon looks a lot better.
I thought about taking the non toll roads down there to catch the sun.
Can anybody suggest good places to stop on route and whilst we are in the Avignon region?
Also what will the best round be to take? I made slight error and forgot to order my Critie Air sticker so will have problems going to big cities.
Thanks for any advice
John
We crossed on September 4th and headed to Brittany but like you encountered rain. Since then we have wandered south then now east being just west of Roanne and until today escaped the wind and rain.
I know that hasn't answered your question but all we did was to watch the weather forecast and wander to various night stops using S4S and past aires knowledge.
Our favourite weather forecast is https://www.ventusky.com/ but I use it via a Web browser not their app as the app restricts features without payment.

Enjoy your holiday,

Rod

OP
OP
JohnnyRoyal
Dec 2, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Dreamer D68 Ltd
Exp
Since 2020
Thanks for all the advice
However I still cannot down my photo of my V5 as it says it’s too big even though it is less than 2mb!

Jul 22, 2021
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer T668SL
Exp
20 yrs.
I wouldn’t worry too much about the crit air, have a look at how rare they are on French vehicles!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Had lots of rain in Southern Brittany today. Heading for Rochefort tomorrow then will probably keep heading south after that.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We've been in Provence for the past 10 days and weather has been good, but not as good as in previous years.
We've had no rain so far, but both Méteo and Ventusky are warning us that a storm is coming tonight.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
We've been in Provence for the past 10 days and weather has been good, but not as good as in previous years.
We've had no rain so far, but both Méteo and Ventusky are warning us that a storm is coming tonight.
It's been all over France today. We made it into a travelling day.

May 28, 2020
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola S687SP
Exp
We went down to Avignon did not need crit air sticker avoided all big cities easily so I wouldn’t worry just plan your route avoiding them. We loved Avignon and the surrounding area, enjoy 😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back